ROGER WATERS IN HYDE PARK 1st JULY & THE WHO ON 2nd JULY

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Thats a much better deal Keith, it'll be worth paying the extra 6 quid as the journey'll probably be about 3 hours shorter by train! Are you going to the Hyde Park show then?
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

?12.50 is the cheapest upto now ..(virgin trains) from manchester but they only do 3 months in advance so can't realy check proper yet i'm too advanced .. :lol:
then it's ?18.00 and then it goes up and up and up and up :roll:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Thats a much better deal Keith, it'll be worth paying the extra 6 quid as the journey'll probably be about 3 hours shorter by train! Are you going to the Hyde Park show then?
I'm not sure yet. I would only go to see Roger as the rest is rubbish usually. I may go with my brother if I can book a hotel beforehand. I can be bothered sleeping in those fountains around Picadilly Circus! lol I had best act quick!! Spend spend spend... it's all I ever do!! :o :D
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Keith Jordan wrote:
simpledumbpilot wrote:Thats a much better deal Keith, it'll be worth paying the extra 6 quid as the journey'll probably be about 3 hours shorter by train! Are you going to the Hyde Park show then?
I'm not sure yet. I would only go to see Roger as the rest is rubbish usually. I may go with my brother if I can book a hotel beforehand. I can be bothered sleeping in those fountains around Picadilly Circus! lol I had best act quick!! Spend spend spend... it's all I ever do!! :o :D
You might want to consider going to Cork - you can fly from manchester to Dublin for around ?25 return - car hire to drive from Dublin to Cork starts at around ?20. Ticket to the show are just over ?50. - Bargin and then you don't have to put up with the dross they are going to put on during the day at hyde park
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

For those travelling to Cork for the show , I got a reasonable rate of 100Euro, Twin Room - Full Breakfast, for the Gresham Hotel in Cork City (about 1.5km from the concert) .. nice hotel , nice bar 8) ... smack bang in the city for aftershow shananigans
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

wiped wrote:For those travelling to Cork for the show , I got a reasonable rate of 100Euro, Twin Room - Full Breakfast, for the Gresham Hotel in Cork City (about 1.5km from the concert) .. nice hotel , nice bar 8) ... smack bang in the city for aftershow shananigans

Thanks for the info - unfortunatly I have to go to a meeting in work on the friday - so its a quick drive back up to Dublin for the 6.30am flight back to bristol and then a quick dash across the city to be in work by 9.00
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

:shock: ..Jesus man , that's dedictaion - Roy Castle would be proud of you :wink: . Leaving Cork at around Midnight , you'll have ample time to get back to Dublin for a 6.30am flight but fuck me , are you gonna be tired in work the next day !!!
Rambutan
Axe
Axe

Post by Rambutan »

Just got my ticket for Hyde Park, hurrah!

I'm all up for a meet up if possible.

Tis a shame we have to put up with so much crap before The Who and Roger, but meh, it's still going to be awesome.

I am so pushing my way to the front :D

See you lot there!
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

I just ordered 2 tickets! Only 100 quid for the saturday :cry: This is when I am a student. But, pink floyd comes before bank balance, as they say!

See you all there, gonna be a quality show!
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Apparently Nick is to join Roger at Hyde Park. I don't have a link to anywhere that says it unfortunetly....but check out Brain Damage or AFG it could be on there....I'm in a hurry so got to go :o :D :smt006
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

shit shit shit.... trains from london to manchester situation is not lookin good gettin theres alright it's gettin back hat lookin to be a pain in the arse :?
we wanted to come back on the same night after the gig really cos my mates just snapped his ankle :roll: (still dont know if he's gonna make it now) and did'nt want to hang about darn sarf till the next day.. also i dont like traveling on trains with a shity hangover :o it makes me feel clostraphobic.. i'd rather come back pissed up :lol: and carry on the day till daft o'clock in the mornin
how's everybody else doing the jaunt.. :D
tam shreenan
Embryo
Embryo

tickets

Post by tam shreenan »

why shld people on e bay be shot for selling tickets??isnt it helping the ones who couldnt get any?! :roll:
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Re: tickets

Post by thrill-seeker »

tam shreenan wrote:why shld people on e bay be shot for selling tickets??isnt it helping the ones who couldnt get any?! :roll:
No. Because people buy them with the intention of selling them on eBay at inflated prices.
tam shreenan
Embryo
Embryo

Tickets

Post by tam shreenan »

ok mate get your point :roll:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

thrill-seeker wrote:I managed to get my ticket last night :D

But now I've read there is VIP tickets available :shock:

Noooooooooo :smt022
what are you whining about, you have your ticket.