Roger In Cork 29th June

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

Apparently Dark Side Of The Moon in full is not part of his set list for this concert. They said that the London one will be his only British performance of it.

All depends on what his definition of British is....I would say Ireland is part of Britain...just not part of the United Kingdom, which is different. Dunno. Oh well.
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

ooohhhhhhhhhhhh. geography lesson. Northern Ireland is part of the UK. The Republic of Ireland is exactly that. a Republic. has its own government, taxes, laws, courts, counties, policing and army :D . Totally autonomous of any other country. when roger said britain, he meant britain.

lesson over.

i see you like classical music, dr. i love it too. ravels ballero being my fav, after beeethovens 9th, 4th movement
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

danlynch wrote:I went ahead and purchased a ticket to the Cork show back the day they went on sale. I still don't have airfare or lodging, and there's a chance I won't be able to afford to do the trip after all. At this point, I'm still quite hoping to go.
Cork was the city my grandfather departed from on his journey to the US 94 years ago. It would be sort of like another homecoming for me (went to Ireland in 1995).
With a name like Dan Lynch , sure where the hell else would you be from :wink:

Slainte Danny Boy
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

As for Dr. Floyd and Radiowaves , I think Irish Nationalism has been discussed numerous times on this site before , so everyone should know where we stand , however I feel Dr. Floyd might be right in this instance .... due to Ireland's ancient Licensing Laws etc , I see Waters show in Cork being slightly shorter than elsewhere :?
henno

Post by henno »

AAARRRGGHHH... dont say things like that!!
wont a thurday night have late opening.....
and wont the gig be well over by 12.30??

personally though i hope the hotel have a porter behind the bar all night!! :D
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

you are all yuppies....id gladly drink on the road and sleep in a ditch :P
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

I was kinda thinking along the lines of The British Isles...which includes England, Wales, Scotland, Isle of Man, and Ireland (the Island of it...). lol, ah well. I was playing safe by adding the definition bit..didn't want to be flamed by angry Irish men :P

And yeah, classical music is brilliant. You were looking at my msn lol. I don't have much. The Planets is one of my favourites. And I like Schuberts 5th and 6th too.
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

i have a lot of classsical cds. if you want, i can sent you my list on msn :D
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

henno wrote:AAARRRGGHHH... dont say things like that!!

Well fingers crossed we'll get the "whole" show but I am ever the pessimist ....

I'm with ya on the porter thing though ... and I'm bringing my iPOD and speakers for the room so I can "relax" into the wee hours of the morning
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

wiped wrote:
henno wrote:AAARRRGGHHH... dont say things like that!!

Well fingers crossed we'll get the "whole" show but I am ever the pessimist ....

I'm with ya on the porter thing though ... and I'm bringing my iPOD and speakers for the room so I can "relax" into the wee hours of the morning

B and B with a bottle of Southie and red lemonade with my portable music player :) heaven :lol:
Last edited by radiowaves on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

uuurrghh Southie and Red ... never again ... too sweet , too sickening. I'll be Red Wine and "Smoke" (christ I sound like a UB40 fan !!!)
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

Looks like I may be flying to Cork!!

1c for a flight on the 29th and ?5 for a flight back on the 30th.

It will be about ?60 with taxes but better than the train!
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip !!!!

Hate trains , and waiting around the airport is a pain in the arse
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

Sod that!

Road trip my eye!!

A quick flight down on the morning of the gig, get my brother in law to book me a nice cheap room in the Clarion and a nice quick flight back the next day.

Oh and not forgetting Rog in between and maybe a few pints along the way. :twisted:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

kagee wrote:Sod that!

Road trip my eye!!

A quick flight down on the morning of the gig, get my brother in law to book me a nice cheap room in the Clarion and a nice quick flight back the next day.

Oh and not forgetting Rog in between and maybe a few pints along the way. :twisted:
No drinking for me :( Have to be back in work in the UK the next day - so its a quick drive through the night back to Dublin and the 6.30 am plane back to Bristol and in work by 9.00 am :roll: