Roger In Cork 29th June

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

After the high of Gilmour in the RAH , I can't wait for this show in Cork ... I just know it's gonna be mindblowing ..... 3weeks , 2 days to go 8)
danlynch
Embryo
Embryo

Post by danlynch »

I booked it. I'm staying at the Clarion Cork.

danlynch wrote:Hey, I'm still trying to book this trip. If I make it, I'll be at Fred Zep's before the show wearing my black Pinkroioshn t-shirt and looking jet-lagged.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

danlynch wrote:I booked it. I'm staying at the Clarion Cork.

danlynch wrote:Hey, I'm still trying to book this trip. If I make it, I'll be at Fred Zep's before the show wearing my black Pinkroioshn t-shirt and looking jet-lagged.

Hey thats great news - meet you in Freds - I will be in a Red Flaming lips T-shirt :D :D
Shane
Axe
Axe

Post by Shane »

I was in Freds a couple of Saturday nights last month, won't be heading in on the 29th though, just driving to the show and back.
Looking forward to the Roger concert now alright, back safe and sound from the Gilmour shows, won't be back in London now I'd say til December for Iron Maiden's Earls Court concerts.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

danlynch wrote:I booked it. I'm staying at the Clarion Cork.
Congrats Dan ... "a sort of homecoming"
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Not long now :D :D :D - better sort myself out some euro's
Shane
Axe
Axe

Post by Shane »

Not long to go now, the Marquee is up at this stage. Looking forward to the show next week, cool if Nick Mason is doing a bit at it too.

Posted this in another thread too under a different section. Anyway according to the Fleeting Glimpse site Nick is to play at this, that's the first and only time I've read that, hopefully it will happen.
henno

Post by henno »

so is it Fred Zepplins that everyones going to then??
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

henno wrote:so is it Fred Zepplins that everyones going to then??

See you there :D :D :D
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I'll be at Fred Zeppelin's if I can find it! :lol:
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

There's a possibility I'll be running late so maybe a no-show
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

Enjoy your selfs tomoz .... watching Rodge rehearse for hyde park :lol:

no but seriously ...... have a pint o genius for me .........cos i can't stand it :lol: i dont think i can anyway i tried it years ago and it dint do me tastebuds any favours anyway
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Girl Pants Jonesy .. can't handle a pint of Guinness :roll: :wink: .... although we'll be in Cork , home of Murphy's stout ... Guinness is the mortal enemy :lol: - Murphy's is creamier ... mmmmm ... great with a spliffarama
Shane
Axe
Axe

Post by Shane »

I hate Guinness and Murphys, won't be heading into Fred's, working today and driving to the show and back later then. Anyone that's going, hope you enjoy it. Anyone who is travelling from a distance, hope you enjoy your stay and all that too.
Shane
Axe
Axe

Post by Shane »

Excellent show last night, set list was the same as recent shows.
Few comments on the songs. The 2 numbers from "The Final Cut" were done with Roger on the acoustic sitting down, very nice. "Southampton Dock" doesn't have as much participation from the girl singers as on the last show.
The opening guitar piece to "Shine on you crazy diamond" was all left out, first guitar part was the familiar 4 notes that come about 5 minutes later, don't know if that's the way it went throughout the tour sofar, havn't read the reviews that much.
"Great gig in the sky" was really good. Carol Kenyon belted it out. Saw Mica Paris and Sam Browne have a go off this in recent months and they were horrendous. Last night's version was top notch.
The power went towards the end of the first half so the band took the intermission early, came back and did "Leaving Beiruit" which Roger didn't do any of the narration of the story, just the singing parts and "Sheep", then straight in to "Darkside of the moon" with Nick Mason.
Roger was happy with the crowd and at the end said something like he was "fucken bowled over" by the reaction, I think, could have that wrong, was just heading out of the venue at that point.
Great show overall.