Roger In Cork 29th June

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Great! :D

So, how whas it for all of you other guys?

Sir Nick?
Shane
Axe
Axe

Post by Shane »

Sir Nick?
Not sure if you're asking again did he play, sorry if I'm misinterpreting this.
He was introduced prior to the Darkside set and the crowd gave a huge applause.
He received another huge cheer after he completed the opening drumming sequence to "Time" whilst standing in order to do it, having said that, in my opinion the drumming pattern wasn't as detailed as I'm used to hearing it.
henno

Post by henno »

only getting back home now!!...

What a great fucking show!!!

even with the power cut it made things seem even more personal and unique..... as far as i know that gig is the smallest hes doing on this tour... we had excellent seats middle and front...

i was delighted by the reaction of the crowd to his solo stuff... perfect sense was tremendous and the power cut exactly when the 2 torpedos hit the oil rig seemed very fitting!!...

leaving beirut was a highlight for me... very personal blair/bush beating lyrics...... along with comic strip like graphics on the screen...

of course all through the first part of the show we were all wondering if the empty drum kit was left there for 'the man' and when he was introduced the place erupted!!

DSOTM was mindblowing..... i was very well toasted by that stage and that was for the better, i can tell you....

i noticed that there was a video camera placed at the soundboard so hopefully someday a voio of this gig will appear... right now im off to yeeshkul to see if theres an roio yet....

Roger Waters Rules!!!!!!!!!!!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

How many people were at the gig approximately and did you get any photos?? 8)
cloudview
Embryo
Embryo

Post by cloudview »

I'd like to add (to my dismay) he did NOT play the gunner's dream.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

If I had taken a camera I would have got good photos, being right at the front of the standing section, so it is a shame I didn't take one!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Just woken up - its now saturday morning Ive had a busy few days with going to the who on wedneday night, flying in and out of Ireland for the show - driving around cork finding the venue (Brain Damages Map could not be more wrong if they had tried), a good few pints of a Cider in Fred Zepps (did any one else go there ?), THE SHOW, a long boring day at in a hotel discussing the annual review for work and then straight home to bed a 7 pm last night. In short it was fucking brill - Ive seen pretty much all the Floyd/ solo shows since 1974 and this surley ranks as one of the best. Well post my road trip report and some fuzzy phone photo's when I have filled the skip up thats now living out side my house.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

:shock: 8) What a fuckin show ..... absolutley class. The sound in the venue was excellent (apart from the PA goin right at the Explosion in Perfect Sense).

Same set as elsewhere on the tour so far (with the exception of Gunners Dream). The interval was obviously taken early due to the PA problems , but they came back on to play through the rest of the show perfectly.

The ununsed Drum Kit in the middle of the stage for the first set didn't really make Nick Mason's appearance much of a surprise but the whole place went mental when he walked on stage anyway.

I thought Roger's voice was in particularly good form , especially during Fletcher Memorial Home and the Darkside performance was mindblowing.
(Although Nick Mason's kit was seriously down in the mix - sorry to burst bubbles- Nick was rusty as fuck)

The band were all in fine form , in particualr Snowy White's tone was beautiful & Carol Kenyon did a fantastic job on Great Gig (spot on Shano - Mica Paris - hang your head).

Highlights for me were the crowd singing out the Perfect Sense ending ("...but first our Global Anthem") when the PA blew (diehards outnumbered the causals methinks :wink: ) , Sheep (yes , I loved it - fuck anyone who didn't) , the Darkside set ..... actually hang on ... the whole night was majestic. Definately into my Top 3 gigs EVER .... possibly top.

It was brilliant in the hotel too ... everyone staying in the place seemed to be there for the gig ... multiple Floyd chats / debates in every corner of the bar .. it was like a convention 8) :D . The obvious comparisions were made between Gilmour V's Waters show but I ain't getting into that here :wink: .

Last thing I'll say about it was whoever made the point elsewhere on this board about a previous Waters show on the this tour being like a "tribute show" - I feel sorry for you. You must be "deaf, dumb and blind".

Now all I need is a Roio of the show .... gentlemen , let the search begin .....
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Great to read all the enthusiasm here for his performance and to think i have felt quite lethargic about going to see him at Hyde park.
Quite funny how the various members of PF seem to be cropping up at each others gigs lately but then again, Nick would be the one and only obvious choice to turn up and play with Roger i suppose.