Waters NA Tour

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

Freddie Mercury wrote:Does anyone else think it's kind of silly that they won't do a PF tour, yet Roger, Dave and Nick are all touring at about the same time?!? Do you think they'll find that silly? ;)
Is Nick touring? I thought he only did one gig in Paris with Roger?
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Sorry meant Rick ;)
goldeneagle33
Blade
Blade

Post by goldeneagle33 »

Did anyone see this?
http://music.ign.com/articles/702/702955p1.html

Not only are they going to do a complete darkside, but they are having a
" Additionally, these concerts will utilize elaborate large-scale video projections and theatrical staging to underscore and accentuate the power of the music which is delivered via a state-of-the-art 3600 quadraphonic sound system immersing the audience in a 3-dimensional hyperworld."
I also noticed Jon Carin was in the band, I guess he is allowed to sit on both sides of the fence?
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I bet 3600 quadrophonic sound system is a misprint
should be 360 then a degree sign
&deg ? ALT + 0176 ? %%d ?
cant figure out how to make that sign
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Don't worry about a Capital Area show. I live in 10 minutes north of DC, so I watch for these things very carefully. I heard on 94.7 "The Arrow" that they would be posting more info about a D.C. venue in about a week. The second those tickets go on sale, I'm buying them. So keep listening in and watching their website.
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

goldeneagle33 wrote:I also noticed Jon Carin was in the band, I guess he is allowed to sit on both sides of the fence?
He already was. He played on the Division Bell tour and then on Waters' In The Flesh.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

ordering my tickets today!
PointSource
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PointSource »

just got my tickets for cleveland show today........will get tickets for detroit show saturday morning 230am........ :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

PointSource wrote:....will get tickets for detroit show saturday morning 230am........ :D
Two hundred and thirty AM?? What sort of crazy time is that!! :lol:
lkb
Embryo
Embryo

Post by lkb »

FYI-Looks like they added a second show to the AMEX presale for Hollywood Bowl. Tickets go onsale at 5:00 today in LA.
PointSource
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PointSource »

Keith Jordan wrote:
PointSource wrote:....will get tickets for detroit show saturday morning 230am........ :D
Two hundred and thirty AM?? What sort of crazy time is that!! :lol:
i get off work saturday morning at 215am :D
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Have the tickets for the Nissan Pavillion gone on sale yet? The prices I have seen are...atrocious, and there is such poor selection. I pray that they have not sold out, and that the start date is May 20, like it says on the site. Somebody please tell me that this is the case.....

Otherwise, there is no way in hell I will ever be seeing Mr. Waters on tour, unless I win tickets.
goldeneagle33
Blade
Blade

Post by goldeneagle33 »

nemesis11f wrote:The prices I have seen are...atrocious, and there is such poor selection.

Otherwise, there is no way in hell I will ever be seeing Mr. Waters on tour, unless I win tickets.
What's with your attitude? Don't you know it's going to be a monster if they all pull together as a team, you know it's called riding the gravey train?
:twisted:
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Irrelevant. I take some comfort in the fact that these are presale tickets, and auctioned ones at that. And as for my attitude, I don't care how good they are, and although I am a die hard Waters fan, I won't pay 600 dollars for mid-row seats. That's not stupid, it's logical. And trust me, the economics of it work out; My family of three would spend almost 2000 dollars to see one concert. We could spend FAR less taking a vacation to England for a week. But that's beside the point. The point is, if those tickets don't come down in price, no one is going to be anywhere near the stage at the shows, they'll all have lawn seats. 600 dollars is too much for a mid-distance seat. PERIOD.
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

You mean I'll be all by myself at the front??? COOL!!!
Although, when I record the show I do prefer to have some crowd noise for ambience... hmmm... I'll turn around and wave - then you cheer. OK?

8)