Waters NA Tour

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
DrDark
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DrDark »

Posted April 27, 2006 06:20 AM
So,

This afternoon I'm reading this article in the new STONE and it's talking about how Ticketmaster, Concert Promoters and Artists are now setting up bidding wars for the best seats in the house. The article said that this was to curb the amount of scalping that occurs. One of the first artists to do this was Madonna for her up coming tour. Her tour producer is quoted as saying "Why should the money charged over the face value of the ticket go to someone else other than the artists." Which is total bullshit, becuase if you read futher into the article it says that most all of that extra fundage is being given to charities.

So where's the artist benifitting? Oh thats right it's a fucking tax write off for them. Shouldn't WE, as the buyer, be getting that tax write off, I mean it is OUR money that went to what ever charity these people chose.

Another reason why this is so fucking lame ass is that with Pre-sale tickets becoming the RAGE, there's never anything left to buy when the tickets finally do go on sale to the general public.

And the 3rd reason why this is so fucking stupid and hurtful to the artist, let alone the poor fucker looking for tickets. Now the scalpers will be grabbing all the good cheap fucking seats and charging Waaaaayyyyyy too much for them.

This all seems a bit funny to me as I was just doing a search for Roger Water tickets as he's touring the USA starting in September. Sure enough his tickets are over priced, cheapest being $56 bucks and they've already started auctioning off the BEST SEATS in the house at some venues.....Luckily nothing in the NYC area is set yet but I have a feeeling this is going to be another cluster fuck.

I was really wanting to see him, but if this is how I'm going to be treated as a FAN, I'll stay home.

I thought Roger was pretty much against this corporate bullshit!
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

It doesn't matter to me anyways regardless... he's not coming here and that's final. Thanks a hell of a lot Roger for NOTHING. :evil:
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

DrDark wrote:Pre-sale tickets becoming the RAGE, there's never anything left to buy when the tickets finally do go on sale to the general public.
"Pre-sale" is an oxymoron bud, similar to "free". All it means is you are able to purchase tickets from locations that don't require a human interface to complete your transaction, I.E. internet and electronic phone sales. When you have to go somewhere and interact with a real live human person, that's called a "regular sale". After you've finished studying what I've said, post again and I'll tell you how you can get Roger Waters tickets for "free"! :wink:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

My tickets should arrive in the mail in August!!!
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Hey, you want free tickets? Just write to Mr. Waters saying that you are a severely diseased person with a "horrible degenarative disease" that will cause you to expire in December of '06. You're GUARANTEED free front-row seats. Don't forget to mention that the disease has no external symptoms, and that seeing him in concert will be the only cure for this disease.
DrDark
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DrDark »

Mooner Posted:
"Pre-sale" is an oxymoron bud, similar to "free". All it means is you are able to purchase tickets from locations that don't require a human interface to complete your transaction, I.E. internet and electronic phone sales. When you have to go somewhere and interact with a real live human person, that's called a "regular sale". After you've finished studying what I've said, post again and I'll tell you how you can get Roger Waters tickets for "free"!
So how does one get tix for "FREE" or pre-sale as they say.

According to Ticketbastard these "FREE" tickets are only available to those with American Express Cards, of which I do not own.

I'm assuming getting them "FREE" as YOU say, would require some hacking?

I'm not trying to screw Roger out of his ticket money by any means. I'm more than willing to pay a decent ticket price.

BTW.....Is Rog donating the funds collected for the AUCTION sales? And if so, which charity is he donating to and what percentage of the Auction price is being donated?

I'll need this information for TAX purposes.

[/quote]
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

Tenniru wrote:Don't forget the Capitol... come on, Rog, don't be like Dave and pass me by!
Looks like he's playing Nissan Pavillion. I saw In the Flesh there and it was awesome !!!!

I live in Sterling also .....

Something else to think about is the concert at Jones Beach in NY. I grew up in NY and that was my favorite place to see a concert. It's only about 4.5 hours from us .... and it's right on the beach, the Atlantic Ocean is your backdrop.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

WOO-HOO!!!! Got my ticket on Monday..... :D

Back a ways from the stage, but DEAD CENTER!!! :smt040
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Re: Waters NA Tour

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

Peppla wrote:Just got an email forwarded to me. It was an announcement to premium seat holders at the Air Canada Centre to purchase advance tickets to a Roger Waters concert in Toronto on September 20th! Does anybody have any info or has heard about this?
Check out Ticketmaster....they have most of the venues listed.....
I just ordered my tickets for Madison Square Garden in New York City....will be going on 9/13/2006. :smt035 :smt041 :smt039
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

J Ed wrote:so how much are they?
and are they available to the general public?
Most tickets will be available to the general public this Saturday, 5/15, although many tickets were sold to those who have American Express cards. I just found out about Amex a few days ago, and used someone's card to buy my tickets. I just applied for an Amex card so that I can buy tickets earlier. Too bad I didn't know about this when the tickets for David Gilmour were on sale.
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

FloydCouncil wrote:
goldeneagle33 wrote:I also noticed Jon Carin was in the band, I guess he is allowed to sit on both sides of the fence?
He already was. He played on the Division Bell tour and then on Waters' In The Flesh.
I was going to give the same answer :D
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

JT wrote:
Tenniru wrote:Don't forget the Capitol... come on, Rog, don't be like Dave and pass me by!
Looks like he's playing Nissan Pavillion. I saw In the Flesh there and it was awesome !!!!

I live in Sterling also .....
Hey, small world. If you ever see a dissheveled teenager whose only discerning traits are a shocking amount of hair moving in all directions attempting to cross a road (I hike... a lot), you have a new excuse not to flatten me with a car.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

I got my tix this morning for 9/15/06 ~ Jones Beach

Does anyone have a set list yet?

Thanks,

Matt
Dydion
Axe
Axe

Post by Dydion »

What gets me is that there is NOTHING in the southern US. Is it our body odor??
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

Dydion wrote:What gets me is that there is NOTHING in the southern US. Is it our body odor??
Dunno, buddy. Maybe it's because everytime Waters came to the South, for some reason, he kept hearing dueling banjos playing in the background. Yee-ha! :lol:

On a related topic, though, my tickets for the 9-30 Noblesville show came in this week! Yee-ha!