Waters NA Tour

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

Dydion wrote:What gets me is that there is NOTHING in the southern US. Is it our body odor??
Don't feel bad. Roger and David both advoided Minnesota entirely. :cry:
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

They avoided Florida as well. I saw PF in 1994 and RWaters in 1999 and 2000 when I was a Mass resident.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Just got tickets for the Bristow show. Good ones, too, very good ones. I think I'll be riding this euphoria for the next six or eight months. Still can't believe he is coming so close. Damn, what luck I must have.
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

nemesis11f wrote:Just got tickets for the Bristow show. Good ones, too, very good ones. I think I'll be riding this euphoria for the next six or eight months. Still can't believe he is coming so close. Damn, what luck I must have.
I assume that was an AMEX pre-order ? I'm looking fwd to getting tickets this Saturday at 10am when they go on sale .... for the Bristow show.

Where are you sitting ?

I'm going to try and get third tier dead center ... i believe thats section 303 ...
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

It was the AMEx presale. I'm in section 103, row R. As far as I'm concerned, those are incredible seats, and 80% of the audience is BEHIND me, so less fools standing up. I was mega-pissed, as all of the Orchestra seats were sold out for the Pre-sale. Meh, at least I have them. DO you think it would be possible to bootleg that performance? I think it would be neat to put up a show from OUR area on the site for once.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

By the way, as I write this, I cannot help but wonder as to what the full set will be. I know that the event is being advertised as "Dark Side of the Moon-Live", but I am still wondering if it will be more like his "In the Flesh" tour, and have DSOTM as the second half, with a "best of" (or whatever) in the first half. If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate it. On the other hand, it would be nice to keep it a suprise until I arrive. Never mind, I'd like to know.
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

Nissan Pavillion is very good about searching you on the way in. It would be very difficult to get the equipment in. When I went there to see In The Flesh they were so slow about checking everyone that the show started with hundreds and hundreds of people still in line to be checked and there was almost a riot. People started screaming "TEAR DOWN THE WALL"
I'm not an experienced bootlegger but I would think it's one of the more difficult spots to try.
Sounds like you got good seats, I'm hoping for something in the center even if it's third tier.... wish me luck !!!
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Good Luck, I hope you get tickets. This will most likely be his last tour; if not this than the rumored 2007-8 tour for his rumored "upcoming" album. In any event, this opportunity is too good to miss, and I sure as hell won't miss it because some fools find a recorder on me. Which brings up another good question: how much equipment do you need, anyway? That really is irrelevant, however, so I don't expect ansewrs to clog this thread, although I am very curious. (Also, the parking lot at the Nissan opens at 5:30 I think, and I am getting there at 5, as the gates open at 6 or 6:30, and the concert starts at 8. This way, you can pile up on merchandise, and get all of your buisness done BEFORE the concert, and not AFTER or DURING). I don't know why I am writing any of this, but hte fact I am now sleep-deprived for 5 days (averaging 3 hours a night), so whatever. Who knows, Mr. Waters may appreciate punctuality.....
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

OK - I got tickets. Sec 303 row A !!! I like the first row of a level because you generaly don't have any probem with people standing in front of you and you have plenty of room. Also section 303 is dead center so I'm pretty excited.
I have the same plan you do, get there early. Last time I waited until after the show to buy merchandise and the largest shirt they had was a medium. I won't make that mistake this time !!!
I'll be pre-gaming in the VIP parking ..... it costs a few bucks more but it's much easier to get in and out of.
I have a smile on my face that just won't go away !!!! I can't wait for the show !!!
maninabox
Embryo
Embryo

Post by maninabox »

I got tickets to Nissan Pavilion as well!!!! :D Section 101 row J, looks like I should be like 24 rows or so back. It states on their website:

*Only non-professional cameras will be allowed on this event. Detachable lenses and other professional-grade equipment will not be allowed. At the request of the performers, video and audio recorders are not allowed.*

I sat in section 103 row S back in 2000 and were pretty good seats. See you guys there!! Enjoy!!
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

I'm close to getting Pavillion tickets as well. I'm aiming at the seats I can afford; the lawn. Thank god for screens and loud sound. Since I can bring a lawnchair and possibly an umbrella, prospects for taping the show are all over my brain (put a long mic cable up the core of the umbrella, so it's above the croud, and have it sneak down under the chair and to an inconspicuous iPod).
Sadly the iPod (the best pice of equipment I have) can only pull off mono. Unless I use two iPods seperately and sync them later... hmm...
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

However, an umbrella would be suspicious as hell, if there is no rain. I think the best thing would be to know the guy who controls the soundboard, and have him just feed the mic inputs to a CD or hardrive.
Hope we can get more people going to the Pavillion on here. Can't wait until September, though.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Oh yeah, a lack of rain would be an issue. In fact, I'm likely too skittish and law-abiding to even try taping the show.

Someone with a better seat than me had BETTER do it, though.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Tenniru wrote:Oh yeah, a lack of rain would be an issue. In fact, I'm likely too skittish and law-abiding to even try taping the show.

Someone with a better seat than me had BETTER do it, though.
Hell if it is a hot sunny day an umbrella would be a must.You could use it as you said without problems especally if your or 1 in your party is fair skinned.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

My outrageous amount of insulating hair and Medditerranean heritage are cursing themselves now, you know.

But my equipment is so bad, I think I might just hope someone with a better seat records it.