Waters NA Tour

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
DrewDog
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DrewDog »

JT wrote:OK - I got tickets. Sec 303 row A !!! I like the first row of a level because you generaly don't have any probem with people standing in front of you and you have plenty of room. Also section 303 is dead center so I'm pretty excited.
I have the same plan you do, get there early. Last time I waited until after the show to buy merchandise and the largest shirt they had was a medium. I won't make that mistake this time !!!
I'll be pre-gaming in the VIP parking ..... it costs a few bucks more but it's much easier to get in and out of.
I have a smile on my face that just won't go away !!!! I can't wait for the show !!!
I'll be right behind ya' dude! Section 303 Row F. Don't stand up and block my view, or else I'll make you sit down!!! :twisted:

I'm a complete dumbass and forget the tickets went on sale Saturday morning. I didn't remember until the late afternoon. There were closer seats available, but they were on the fringes. I like to stay in the center. I live closer to the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ, but by the time tickets actually went on sale all that was left was the lawn. I refuse to get an American Express card just for better seats. I hate them and Ticketmaster. This "pre-sale" B.S. needs to stop. It makes me sick.

Sorry for the rant. At least I'm gonna finally get to see Roger in concert. It's one of those things on my list to do before I die. Now if I could only get to see him, David, Rick, and Nick on a farewell tour I could check another thing off that list. Can't wait till September!
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

My outrageous amount of insulating hair and Medditerranean heritage are cursing themselves now, you know.

But my equipment is so bad, I think I might just hope someone with a better seat records it
Well, unless someone tells me what kind of equipment to use, I wont do it. Also, I am not about to get thrown out of the damn concert just because I'm recording it. So you'll have to find someone else to record it.

Also, I don't see why people dislike presales of tickets. Maybe you should get an AMEX anyway, as they have the best promotional offers and such by far. It's just free-market capitalism; those who are able and willing to pay more garner better services and goods. That's incentive to get an AMEX right there: you got nosebleed seats because of it. I suppose the "Well, I'm still at the concert" buisness is alright, because you are going, as opposed to not going, but in this case, the opportunity cost actually outweighs your choice by far. In short: You were screwed.

By the way, how much did they gig you for the tickets, anyway?

****EDIT******
Roger Waters is also playing at a venue in PA, just letting you know...
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Well, thirty bucks plus a ten-dollar convenience fee (?) for one general-admission lawn seat. Thank god for Mr. Sheet and the Pavillion's house-screens.
Out of curiosity, how bad a view is it from the lawn? Is the venue flat, ascending from lawn to stage, or (preferably) descending? I might need to bring a footstool, possibly stilts.
Ringorocks

Post by Ringorocks »

Tenniru wrote:Out of curiosity, how bad a view is it from the lawn? Is the venue flat, ascending from lawn to stage, or (preferably) descending? I might need to bring a footstool, possibly stilts.
Call Gene Simmons. I'm sure he has a pair of shoes you can borrow.
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

Ringorocks wrote:
Call Gene Simmons. I'm sure he has a pair of shoes you can borrow.
:lol:
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Here is a neat site to check out. Has first-person pictures of what the individual seating areas. Pretty neat.

http://www.ascticket.com/nissan.html
Just click on the area you want. (Lawn is the big white area by the title.)

Here is a dircet link to the lawn pics....
http://www.ascticket.com/images/MIDLAWN.JPG

Hope that helps ya.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Woah, Center Lawn isn't bad at all! (Certainly miles better seats than, say, the McCartney show I was at). I guess I'll grab some binoculars, though.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Since I'm listening to "Veteran of the Psychic Wars", I have to say, I would give anything to have BOC tour in the US. Man, that would kick ass to see them live, ohhh man (having a joygasm at the prospect).

Man, it's a pity I won't be home for Summerfest; Foreigner, Styx, and BOC all at one venue within days of each other. More proof to the point that Milwaukee is the single greatest city ever to grace the face of this Earth.
WishIwasthere
Hammer
Hammer

Post by WishIwasthere »

Australia :smt089
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

WishIwasthere wrote:Australia :smt089
My dad was lucky enough to go in 1988, to Thebarton Oval in Adelaide.

Neither Rog or Dave are doing Australia, come on boys :( .
WishIwasthere
Hammer
Hammer

Post by WishIwasthere »

jambo wrote:My dad was lucky enough to go in 1988, to Thebarton Oval in Adelaide.
I was old enough to go back then, I just didn't have my shit together. O--O
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

EIN, ZWEI, DREI, A-HA!
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

DrewDog wrote: I'll be right behind ya' dude! Section 303 Row F. Don't stand up and block my view, or else I'll make you sit down!!! :twisted:
Don't worry about me DrewDog, I prefer to sit down and relax.....
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

WishIwasthere wrote:
jambo wrote:My dad was lucky enough to go in 1988, to Thebarton Oval in Adelaide.
I was old enough to go back then, I just didn't have my shit together. O--O
My dad was actually working for Thebarton council at the time, and had some input on setting up the concert. He got back-stage passes and briefly met the band. He was allowed to go anywhere to watch it :D.
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

nemesis11f wrote:Since I'm listening to "Veteran of the Psychic Wars", I have to say, I would give anything to have BOC tour in the US. Man, that would kick ass to see them live, ohhh man (having a joygasm at the prospect).

Man, it's a pity I won't be home for Summerfest; Foreigner, Styx, and BOC all at one venue within days of each other. More proof to the point that Milwaukee is the single greatest city ever to grace the face of this Earth.
Foreigner without the voice Lou Gramm is DEAD! Styx without the voice and keyboards of Dennis DeYoung is DEAD too! BOC I don't care.