Waters NA Tour

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Waters NA Tour

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

Even though I was able to get tickets at MSG in NYC on 9/13 with someone else's Amex card, I also got seats for 9/12 when they went on sale to the public. :D I applied for my own Amex card specifically to get early tickets to concerts. Too bad I didn't know about that when tickets for David were on sale. :cry:
I saw Roger in 2 separate concerts.....KAOS in MSG in NYC back in the late 1980's, and again when he toured In The Flesh, once at PNC Arts Center in NJ, and at MSG in NYC, l999 and 2000. :D. Hope to see many Floydians there. :D
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

ESLAFTK2112 wrote:
nemesis11f wrote:Since I'm listening to "Veteran of the Psychic Wars", I have to say, I would give anything to have BOC tour in the US. Man, that would kick ass to see them live, ohhh man (having a joygasm at the prospect).

Man, it's a pity I won't be home for Summerfest; Foreigner, Styx, and BOC all at one venue within days of each other. More proof to the point that Milwaukee is the single greatest city ever to grace the face of this Earth.
Foreigner without the voice Lou Gramm is DEAD! Styx without the voice and keyboards of Dennis DeYoung is DEAD too! BOC I don't care.
I quite agree. I mean, what is the point in touring if the one main voice of your band is gone? It works with Floyd, as Gilmour and Waters had fairly equal amounts of singing, up until like the Final Cut, and even so, they have enough older and solo material to get them through a concert.

Also, don't forget that...whatshisname...the drummer from Styx is dead, as well, as I recall. It is such a pity that all of the good bands had to break up, and we are left with "modern music" which is synonymous with the word "shit".

It just upsets me, seeing all of these fools jump on the bandwagon, just to garner themselves some fame by leeching off a band name, when they can't hold a candle to the original members.

Anyways, any other people on here going to the Bristow show?
JT
Blade
Blade

EXTRA TICKET TO WATERS 9/23 SHOW AT NISSAN PAVILLION

Post by JT »

Hey guys my friend can't make the show and is trying to sell his ticket. It's section 303 row B seat 25. He's asking $100 which is about $10 cheaper than what he paid for it with fees (I know this because I bought 8 tickets in the same section) So you can save a few bucks.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Sucks to hear about your friend, man, that is a real bummer. I would even put a family emergency on hold for this concert. (Well, not really). If the offer is still available, however, I might know someone who is interested, although the seating is bad, but at least its at the front of 303.
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

nemesis11f wrote:Sucks to hear about your friend, man, that is a real bummer. I would even put a family emergency on hold for this concert. (Well, not really). If the offer is still available, however, I might know someone who is interested, although the seating is bad, but at least its at the front of 303.
Still available, actually the seats are pretty good because they are dead center. I'm actually sitting in row A of the same section. PM me if your friend wants them.

I know what you mean, I have been looking forward to this concert for quite sometime. But he isn't heartbroken because he wasn't a big fan, he was mostly going because a lot of us were going and he wanted to hang out.
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

FYI, Echoes Hub is giving away a ticket to Roger's show in Seattle... :wink:
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

nemesis11f wrote: Anyways, any other people on here going to the Bristow show?
Yep. Myself and my father got lawn tickets; I'll have a green, homeless-looking coat and extremely large hair. You won't miss me. (I was recognized by another NPFer at the Regal Cinema Gilmour showing in Reston for similar reasons.)
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

Tenniru wrote:
nemesis11f wrote: Anyways, any other people on here going to the Bristow show?
Yep. Myself and my father got lawn tickets; I'll have a green, homeless-looking coat and extremely large hair. You won't miss me. (I was recognized by another NPFer at the Regal Cinema Gilmour showing in Reston for similar reasons.)
I also spotted you at the Parcel Plus in Cascades with your dad ..... you are very recognizable !!!!

I will also be at the Bristow show.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

I got my tickets!!!

Post by Groovybass77 »

I got my tickets for the show in Massachusetts. I cant wait!
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

Anybody hear of any differences in the setlist since Syd's death ? Can I look forward to something special ?
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

At Lucca Roger dedicated the song to Syd (accidentially revealing a vocoder on his voice that made it sound like everyone was singing along... OOPS). I don't know if he's kept doing that, or if he's fixed that vocoder.
I wish he'd add something to his setlist, as both a tribute and a spicing-up of the setlist as he hits the North American tour.
Apples And Oranges would be nice. For comedic value.
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

When he played Nissan for the In The Flesh tour he dedicated SOYCD and WYWH to Syd..... So I thought we might get a set list change as well considering the circumstances. Only time will tell I suppose, but I would think he might have done it already if he was going to be moved enough to do it at all.