Moscow Show Revealed The Setlist: Spoiler Inside

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

jambo wrote:I think that Sheep will be pretty bad, seeing as though Roger can't sing anymore :( .
Well, you were wrong about that. His vocals on Sheep were very good.

Oh, and the Gunner's Dream was excellent as always..and The Fletcher Memorial Home..outstanding version! He definitely can still sing! Brilliant guitar solo in Leaving Beirut, it sounds much better than the studio version.
closer
Axe
Axe

Post by closer »

PublicImage wrote:
jambo wrote:I think that Sheep will be pretty bad, seeing as though Roger can't sing anymore :( .
Well, you were wrong about that. His vocals on Sheep were very good.

Oh, and the Gunner's Dream was excellent as always..and The Fletcher Memorial Home..outstanding version! He definitely can still sing! Brilliant guitar solo in Leaving Beirut, it sounds much better than the studio version.
I couldn't agree more.
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

I heard that Waters lip-synched, is this true? :( It was over there at the torrent on Dime a Dozen.
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

I love Have A Cigar. \:D/ Almost makes up for the aural torture of Vera and Bring The Boys Back Home. :x
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

FloydCouncil wrote:I heard that Waters lip-synched, is this true? :( It was over there at the torrent on Dime a Dozen.
Absolutely not. That is definitely live!
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

I'm listening to Sheep right now... He absolutely rocks on it.
mourinho
Axe
Axe

Post by mourinho »

FloydCouncil wrote:I heard that Waters lip-synched, is this true? :( It was over there at the torrent on Dime a Dozen.
no. that?s a lie. maybe the persons that said that thought than when jonh carin was singing roger was doing playback.... :evil: some people next to me thought that....naiveness....

roger waters would never do playback and trash his reputation :shock:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

mourinho wrote:
no. that?s a lie. maybe the persons that said that thought than when jonh carin was singing roger was doing playback.... :evil: some people next to me thought that....naiveness....

roger waters would never do playback and trash his reputation :shock:
Why not - he's done it before
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

with how rough he sounded at live 8, a lipsync wouldnt shock me
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

jedi with crazy diamonds wrote:with how rough he sounded at live 8, a lipsync wouldnt shock me
Shouls even perform at all then ?

:lol:
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

I'm not sure folks, he's sounding pretty good on this tour. Ok there were 2 occasions where Roger lyp-synched: One was for the ITF video on "Every strangers eyes" for one section of the song they had the original vocals playing. I'm assuming that at the concert Roger messed the vocal up and this bit was added on later. So at the actual concert they heard live Roger. I've heard bootlegs from this tour and Roger does not use the recording on them.

The only other occasion was on The Trial from "The Wall live in Berlin" but you must consider for both of these cases that it was done so that the official product would sound better. I would imagine that had either of these performances not been planned for an official release Roger wouldn't have lyp-synched.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

In the pix on brain-damage.co.uk he has a Mr. Screen...sort of smaller one, a baby Mr. Screen :) And the screen extends past it to the sides, like the Australian PF stage. Anyone know if he has an airplane for On The Run or what kind of film he uses for it? That would kick ass to see the airplane fly across the audience at the Hollywood Bowl :)
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Mr Screen....how did that name originate ? :-k
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

On the LIVE8 DVD he re-recorded the vocals, and there are strong rumours from deep inside the rio concert, that Rog sang along to a tape of him singing the songs. So it was live+tape.
towg

Post by towg »

How is 360 degree sound possible?

Think about it.