Roger's Question

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Roger's Question

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

On the CD "IN THE FLESH", at the end of the song, "Wish You Were Here" Roger made a comment "how I wish "THEY" were here"

If he had said "how I wish "HE" was here" I would believe he was referring to Syd. Is he referring to David, Rick and Nick???? :-k
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

It does seem like a pretty clear way of him saying "I want a Floyd reunion". That and all the other stuff he's said in recent interviews.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Hmmm...reminds me of Roger's "speech" at Live8 at the beginning of Wish you were here.

It was pretty mature of him to say that...it was something along the lines of

"It feels good standing up here with these 3 guys again" and he mentioned that Wish you were here was dedicated to Syd. Rather touching actually.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:Hmmm...reminds me of Roger's "speech" at Live8 at the beginning of Wish you were here.

It was pretty mature of him to say that...it was something along the lines of

"It feels good standing up here with these 3 guys again" and he mentioned that Wish you were here was dedicated to Syd. Rather touching actually.
stop it your making me cry :cry:

:lol:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

1 can only hope that Roger ment it and will work to show Dave that he still does.Rick and Nick seems to have already drank the Kool-Aid so it falls to Dave.This is the only hope for a 4 man Floyd that the world wants.
mosespa

Re: Roger's Question

Post by mosespa »

AtomHeartMomma wrote:On the CD "IN THE FLESH", at the end of the song, "Wish You Were Here" Roger made a comment "how I wish "THEY" were here"

If he had said "how I wish "HE" was here" I would believe he was referring to Syd. Is he referring to David, Rick and Nick???? :-k
I hate to rain on everyones "premonition parade," but I think that was Roger's way of connecting with the crowd further.

To me, it translates as follows:

"Whomever was in your mind while that song was playing, I wish they could have been here, too."
Stween
Axe
Axe

Re: Roger's Question

Post by Stween »

AtomHeartMomma wrote:On the CD "IN THE FLESH", at the end of the song, "Wish You Were Here" Roger made a comment "how I wish "THEY" were here"
It's way more likely that the 'they' he refers to were the casualties caused from the Kosovo war around that time.
henno

Post by henno »

i always though it was 'how WE wish they were here'.....

thus that would mean that its aimed at all persons that the audience wish were there... he said the same thing at the gig in Ireland.... :?:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Hard to listen to that song live and not think of someone you once knew or even still know but are nowhere near, so the 'they' refers to those the audience are surely thinking of

Got to say it's touching when you hear a live recording and the crowd are all singing along, each one of them reflecting upon someone else and joined in this big moment of thinking of them and others dear to the rest of the audience