Arrow Rock 06-10

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Hankster
Embryo
Embryo

Arrow Rock 06-10

Post by Hankster »

whoaah! what a terrific show. Already after In The Flesh and Mother I knew that this one was way better than the Rio gig. The band was really tight (although there where some f*ck-ups like at the beginning of SOYCD...but as professional as they are, they recoverd very quickly), Roger was in great shape and the crowd was huge and above all: 'inspiring'. Singing-a-long, clapping, making the 'The Wall'-gestures, and spreading the hands in the air ...well...just like I said, it was inspiring. And I think that gave the band a reall big boost, besides the mistakes, they sounded awesome and primary: they really had a good time.

I already was in front of the stage from around 2 o'clock, with the burning sun right above my head. But when the sun finally disappeared behind the stage (which was a beautiful sight) it was only 8 o'clock so I still had to wait 1,5 hours (oh...my back...my legs: everything already hurts...) But then finally..the lights went out and the band entered the stage...fireworks...'In The Flesh' And I didn't feel one single little pain. And after Sheep (which he playbacked together with Fletcher) he pointed at the full moon (everyone looked behind) and he said "after a few minutes, we're gonna do....THAT". And all the 50.000...maybe 60.000 peoples exploded in one big "YEAAAAHHH"....oh....wonderfull!

Than Dark Side of The Moon...what can I say? It was magical. The soundeffects where very cool, and On The Run was great fun. There was not one hightlight during the secong set: everything was wonderfull. Although I've listened to the album a thousands of times, and I don't even have to put the CD in the CD-player to listen to it because I know every single word and bit, hearing the band playing the album live was a completely new experience. And Roger really enjoyed it. He waved, he smiled, he laughed, he almost cried, and he and everyone else in the crowd took a look now and then at the full moon in front of the stage in the black, summer Holland-sky. Wonderfull.

And then the encore...well, just great. You almost couldn't hear the band during Another Brick In The Wall, because of the singing of the crowd. I've been to a lot of concerts, and we Dutchies have a name to be very energetic at concerts...but I truly haven't experienced something like this crowd. This big...so loud...so positive...

To decribe last night in one word would be...."undescribable"

*and yes...he was lip-syncing during Fletcher, Sheep and it almost looked like he also did it during Brick, because I thought I heared a male-voice together with the clildren-choir and the backing singers while none of the male musicians of the band was singing and Roger was shouting at us at the edge of the stage (like always :) ) ....but like I said; the crowd was very VERY loud at that point so I could be mistaken. But miming or not; the show was awesome*

during Comfortably Numb (I thought during the second guitar solo...or the first), a fan runned from backstage to the edge of the stage where Roger was playing (with his eyes closed and smiling..like during Live8) and made worship-gestures on the ground at Roger. After a few seconds 2 securety-guys took him down..and Roger didn't see a thing...with his eyes closed and still smiling :)

highlights of the first set: In The Flesh, Leaving Beirut, Wish You Were Here
hightlights encore: Another Brick... and of course: Comfortably Numb

Only 3 hours of sleep...but it was worth it :D
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

I was there also, travelled a couple of hours to see Waters the second time in life. About lip-sync I can't tell a thing because I was to far from the stage (20 meters) for seeing it.
The atmosphere was indeed very good with a lot op people singing the parts of the lyrics they know.
And what a difference with Gilmour a couple of months ago! Gilmour solo sounds like PF but Waters is definitely the soul of Pink FLoyd: His voice isn'nt that well anymore but you can feel the emotion in every single note he (tries to) sing(s). Like a little child he stood on stage: You could see his happiness / energie during In The Flesh, Comfortably Numb, WYWH and a lot of other songs.

There band made indeed a couple of mistakes during the intro of Shine On, but so what? Was Gilmour in Paris without mistakes?
The Dark Side was great but I have to admit to al the non-Waters fans it sounds a bit like a cover-band when Jon Carin or his new guitar - player
did the lead-vocal. but again: so what?

It was a wonderful evening and I have enjoyed every single minute.

One question: The second keyboardplayer: was that really Harry Waters?
Hankster
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Hankster »

some clips from where I stood. With many thanks to Rik Oude Vrielink who made this video's possible..

http://rapidshare.de/files/22795454/Arrow.zip.html
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Thanks!
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Sounds like a good show. Screw ups are what make live gigs, some of my best concert memories are screw ups haha
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=99476

Roger Waters - 2006-06-10 - 'That!' (ARV003)

Recorded at Arrow Rock Festival, Lichtenvoorde, The Netherlands
10th June 2006

Sharp MD-MT15 and Sony ICD SX35 -> Adobe Premiere Pro -> WAV 44khz 16-bit -> Switch 1.05 -> FLAC

Track Listing:

1.01 In The Flesh
1.02 Mother
1.03 Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
1.04 Shine On You Crazy Diamond
1.05 Have A Cigar
1.06 Wish You Were Here
1.07 Southampton Dock
1.08 The Fletcher Memorial Home
1.09 Perfect Sense
1.10 Leaving Beirut
1.11 Sheep

Set 2
2.01 Speak To Me
2.02 Breathe
2.03 On The Run
2.04 Time
2.05 Breathe (Reprise)
2.06 The Great Gig In The Sky
2.07 Money
2.08 Us And Them
2.09 Any Colour You Like
2.10 Brain Damage
2.11 Eclipse

Encores
2.12 Another Brick In The Wall (part 2)
2.13 Vera
2.14 Bring The Boys Back Home
2.15 Comfortably Numb

Musicians performing:
* Roger Waters - Bass & Vocal
* Andy Fairweather-Low - Guitars & Vocal
* Snowy White - Guitars
* Dave Kilminster - Guitars
* Graham Broad - Drums
* Jon Carin - Keyboards
* Harry Waters - Keyboards & Organ
* Ian Ritchie - Saxophone
* Katie Kisssoon - Backing Vocals
* PP Arnold - Backing Vocals
* Carol Kenyon - Backing Vocals

I was standing in the front row, just a few meters away from mr. Waters himself. I recorded this
gig with two recorders (Sharp MD-MT15 and Sony ICD SX35), but what you hear is mostly the MD
recording (the ICD recording is audible in the lower parts).

When connecting my mics on my cap a security guy asked me if I was recording the show. I told him
that I am deaf and this was my concert hearing aid. He laughed and walked away :)

Because I was so close to the stage and the speakers (not to mention the sound and heat of the
firework) you hear a lot of bass in this recording. Sorry about that. During Southampton Dock
("Maggy what have you done?") you can hear my dad telling me he has to leave because his back
hurts from standing that long (we stood there for more than seven hours...).

cheers,

Arvid
Hankster
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Hankster »

and for those who haven't a dimeadozen-account, here is the same bootleg at Yeeshkul