Hyde Park meet-up ?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Hyde Park meet-up ?

Post by thrill-seeker »

:smt006

I think I can guess already who might be going to this but I'm sure there's a few more. I know it's a few weeks away but might as well start a thread early.

I just wondering if anyone would like to meet up possibly before the gig and maybe afterwards too ? I'm sure most of us if not all will be sitting outside the gates as early as possible to make a run for the front when they open so maybe we could all find a nice spot at the front ? :)

I'm travelling down the day before (Friday morning) so if anyone else is doing the same then if you like we could meet up for a few drinks perhaps ? :)

Anyway, I probably won't be around here as much anymore as I've been spending far too much time on the internet and I'm now getting concerned about my sanity ! :o :D Also it's the summer here and it's rare to get so much sun in Scotland so don't blame me for soaking it up. And there are other reasons too.....But I'll still be particiapting in vines and doing my bit for the tribute night and the next CD (hopefuly there will be one) :)

Andy :)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Count me in. I'm coming up on Friday night

Hows about the others?

Oh, and quick question, any word on what time the show ends so far?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I'll be up for meeting up, probably wont go down to the front but it'll be good to say Hi beforehand so count me in too :D
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Excellent :smt023
Count me in. I'm coming up on Friday night
Well if you want to we could catch up sometime then. I've looked around for some decent pubs and bars. Where abouts will you be staying ? :)
Oh, and quick question, any word on what time the show ends so far?
I'm guessing 10 or 11 even. It's a bit too hard to say really....it could end up a bit like live8 running on later than expected :smt102
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

thrill-seeker wrote:Where abouts will you be staying ? :)
Not booked anywhere yet. Better do that soon. Some form of nasty and cheap hostel. Don't mind roughing it up for the night. On the second night i'm probably just going to stay in the station again to save 20 quid or so as the bus i booked for the next day is at nine
thrill-seeker wrote:I'm guessing 10 or 11 even. It's a bit too hard to say really....it could end up a bit like live8 running on later than expected :smt102
I was thinking that. My last bus on Saturday would have been eleven which seems a bit early so went for Sunday morning. Especially with Roger's set being 2 and a half hours long
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

i will have a meet up but i'm not rushing to the front either not sitting there all day to listen to a load of shite :lol: just make your way through gradually during the day :wink:

does anyone know what time the tube starts running on sunday or last thing saturday night cos we got to get to euston for 8:30 sunday morn but it would be better if there was a 24 hour bar at euston or somewhere near so we could stay in there all night and wait for the train ....?

im gonna have a look on the tinternet now to see whats what
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Oh great, another thread deliberately made to poke fun at the fact that li'll ol' jambo can't see any Pink Floyd solo tours, cause he lives in Australia :evil: :P.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

jambo wrote:Oh great, another thread deliberately made to poke fun at the fact that li'll ol' jambo can't see any Pink Floyd solo tours, cause he lives in Australia :evil: :P.
Good or bad, we don't start threads for you. You're not that popular. :P :o :D

If anyone's up for a little Pub meet on the Friday then that'll be cool of course.....I don't think I'll be able to shut up about this :lol: .....I just don't want to be lonely :cry:
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

thrill-seeker wrote:Good or bad, we don't start threads for you. You're not that popular. :P :o :D
:o :cry:

Will anyone from NPF be bootlegging this performance?
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

jambo wrote:Oh great, another thread deliberately made to poke fun at the fact that li'll ol' jambo can't see any Pink Floyd solo tours, cause he lives in Australia :evil: :P.
you?d better take your medicine by now, li?ll ol? vambo-jambo.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

zag wrote:you?d better take your medicine by now, li?ll ol? vambo-jambo.
The sauce helps to take away the pain. That and the dart-board with matknny's picture on it :lol:.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

thrill-seeker wrote:If anyone's up for a little Pub meet on the Friday then that'll be cool of course
Any londoners that feel like coming know any good pubs?

Oh, and thrills, how are you getting back? Are you bussing it after the show? If so what bus and comapny are you using? Curious to know if i can make it back to the burgh late through anything (though Megabus don't have it as an option)
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

David Smith wrote:
thrill-seeker wrote:If anyone's up for a little Pub meet on the Friday then that'll be cool of course
Any londoners that feel like coming know any good pubs?

Oh, and thrills, how are you getting back? Are you bussing it after the show? If so what bus and comapny are you using? Curious to know if i can make it back to the burgh late through anything (though Megabus don't have it as an option)
I've searched the net for some pubs around Hyde Park. I'll put some links up pretty soon and see which is the best one :)

I thought about getting the bus back but I've had to do that once before and I just can't stand 8 hours of it :lol: so I paid ?35 for a flight back (which wasn't that bad) since I prefer just to get straight home after. Does the megabus not run busses from Edinburgh to London ? :? Might be best just going to Glasgow then taking the bus from there to Edinburgh but that will probably cost the same as getting from London to Edinburgh on National Express coaches. So either option's goods :)
Will anyone from NPF be bootlegging this performance?
Maybe not from this board but you'll get your RoIO don't worry :lol: Virgin radio I think are broadcasting the show. But knowing what the radio's like most of it will be cut :roll:

:)
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

thrill-seeker wrote:Does the megabus not run busses from Edinburgh to London ?
Yeah it does, only cost 12 quid too :D Thing is if there was a cheap way of getting back right after the show then i would have gone for that instead, but at 35 quid that seems a tad steep so thinks i'll stick with the 9am bus.

Just means i've got to choose between a second night hosteling or just staying in the station again and saving cash
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

david have you looked at the train prices were paying 12.50 single fares there and back (manchester)and thr train is at 8.30 sunday ..just a thought :wink: