Hyde Park meet-up ?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Land into Gold
Axe
Axe

Post by Land into Gold »

thrill-seeker wrote:I did a little searching around and I've been told that the entrance (possibly the only one) is the one near Hyde Park Corner. Just thought I should let you know :)

What time is everyone thinking of waiting outside the entrance at ? (gates open at 2pm).
You're correct.

Thrill-seeker, did we meet in the pub prior to David's show on the Monday?
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Land into Gold wrote:
thrill-seeker wrote:I did a little searching around and I've been told that the entrance (possibly the only one) is the one near Hyde Park Corner. Just thought I should let you know :)

What time is everyone thinking of waiting outside the entrance at ? (gates open at 2pm).
You're correct.

We did indeed :D It was nice to meet you :D
Perhaps we might bump into each other amoung the 50,000 other fans :D

Well I'll be there roughly around 9 as well...or even earlier :o :) If so...I'll save a nice spot for everyone 8) :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Some advice for everyone thinking of getting there really early to be at the front, there really is no need, we managed to get 3 deep last night for Mode half hour before the band came on and that was with loads of Goldfrapp fans jumping around all over the place, it'll be a much more laid back crowd for Waters and easier to navigate through, just remember to go in from the side. Also the stage is VERY high so be prepared to come away with a bad neck if youre going to watch it from the front, your view will also be obstructed by the camera crew moving about filming for the screens at the sides of the stage.

I'll probably get there for about 4.
Land into Gold
Axe
Axe

Post by Land into Gold »

thrill-seeker wrote:
Land into Gold wrote: You're correct.

We did indeed :D It was nice to meet you :D
Perhaps we might bump into each other amoung the 50,000 other fans :D

Well I'll be there roughly around 9 as well...or even earlier :o :) If so...I'll save a nice spot for everyone 8) :)
It was good to meet you too. Hope to see you again on Saturday - I'm planning to take a banner, however, I'm not sure what to write on it ... I can only think of ...

Spit here! :wink:

Any ideas would be welcomed!
simpledumbpilot wrote:Some advice for everyone thinking of getting there really early to be at the front, there really is no need, we managed to get 3 deep last night for Mode half hour before the band came on and that was with loads of Goldfrapp fans jumping around all over the place, it'll be a much more laid back crowd for Waters and easier to navigate through, just remember to go in from the side. Also the stage is VERY high so be prepared to come away with a bad neck if youre going to watch it from the front, your view will also be obstructed by the camera crew moving about filming for the screens at the sides of the stage.

I'll probably get there for about 4.
I think you're right Stu. I'm probably gonna hide out in here for bit.
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ ... wn/Mayfair

How were Depeche Mode?
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Land into Gold wrote:Hope to see you again on Saturday - I'm planning to take a banner, however, I'm not sure what to write on it ... I can only think of ...

:lol: :lol:
That would be a fantastic banner. I would pay just to see his reaction :D

I do actually have an idea for a banner. I really would love to tell you however I have to keep this one quiet so no-one steals it ! :D

Yes, hope to see you too on Saturday :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Land into Gold wrote:How were Depeche Mode?
Absolutely brilliant, I think that was the best show I've seen them do since 1988!! They played Photographic which is a really old favourite of mine that I never thought I'd see them do live again, that made my day! Thomas Dolby was on as well, he was superb, surrounded by synths that he was programming as he went along, I like that sort of thing :D Saw the Flaming Lips and Massive Attack there on friday too, was particularly pleased Massive Attack had Liz Fraser guesting, I love The Cocteau Twins but never saw them live, Flaming Lips ruled the day tho, a brilliantly bonkers show with the best version of Bohemian Rhapsody I've ever heard (yep, even better than Bad News' version ;) ), god knows what their next tour will be like, they keep managing to take things several steps further everytime!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

simpledumbpilot wrote:yep, even better than Bad News' version ;)
Bad News did a version of that???
Land into Gold
Axe
Axe

Post by Land into Gold »

thrill-seeker wrote:
Land into Gold wrote:Hope to see you again on Saturday - I'm planning to take a banner, however, I'm not sure what to write on it ... I can only think of ...

:lol: :lol:
That would be a fantastic banner. I would pay just to see his reaction :D

I do actually have an idea for a banner. I really would love to tell you however I have to keep this one quiet so no-one steals it ! :D

Yes, hope to see you too on Saturday :)
I shall look out for your banner waving then :lol:
simpledumbpilot wrote:
Land into Gold wrote:How were Depeche Mode?
Absolutely brilliant, I think that was the best show I've seen them do since 1988!! They played Photographic which is a really old favourite of mine that I never thought I'd see them do live again, that made my day! Thomas Dolby was on as well, he was superb, surrounded by synths that he was programming as he went along, I like that sort of thing :D Saw the Flaming Lips and Massive Attack there on friday too, was particularly pleased Massive Attack had Liz Fraser guesting, I love The Cocteau Twins but never saw them live, Flaming Lips ruled the day tho, a brilliantly bonkers show with the best version of Bohemian Rhapsody I've ever heard (yep, even better than Bad News' version ;) ), god knows what their next tour will be like, they keep managing to take things several steps further everytime!
I'm so jealous particularly of Depeche Mode and even more so of Massive Attack. I'm a huge MA fan and Liz Fraser's vocals are superb! Wasn't able to get to Wireless this year due to work commitments and just missed tickets for Westonbirt Arboretum.

I saw Graham Coxon and New Order at the Wireless Festival last year. We almost had a Moshe going for New Order. Like you say, it was easy to get down the front although we did have to link arms a couple of times to stop people pushing in front of us.

I've heard the Lips are fantastic live. Sounds like I missed an excellent show.

Did you catch the Super Furry Animals?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Absolutely exhausted and a bit worse for wear (jonesy and his mates are a bad influence ;) ) but I had to say that was a blinding show!! spent a bit of time with thrill-seeker, Gem. and David Smith whilst watching Chris Difford country-fy Squeeze classics, he really shouldnt have, missed the worst bit of the football due to going to watch the Lightning Seeds who sounded shite, Waters played a blinder tho, was a bit disapointed that Gunners Dream has been dropped but hey ho, highlights for me were Fletcher Memorial Home, Sheep, Time, Vera / Bring The Boys... and Brain Damage / Eclipse, will post more when I'm more awake, just watching the footage back now, damn we sang loud!! :D
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

8)

Absolutley brilliant.

Good to see David, Gem and Stu again :D :smt006

I woke up this morning only to realise how much of a good time I had.

I gave my vocal chords a good workout all the way through - something you probably wouldn't do at a Gilmour gig.

Amazingly the highlight for me was Leaving Beiruit :lol: That was the first time I heard it and it really caught me :) Other highlights were Sheep and the whole Darkside set :wink:

Great score in the footie though....have a good time Jonesy ? :P :twisted: :D

Stu, what kind of footage did you get....did you focus up on the screen ? :)

Did anyone here this being broadcast on Virgin ? :?

I look like a lobster right now.....fat lot of good the sun cream did for me :(

Anyway.....got to go :o

:D
Zoophobia
Axe
Axe

Post by Zoophobia »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Absolutely exhausted and a bit worse for wear (jonesy and his mates are a bad influence ;) ) but I had to say that was a blinding show!! spent a bit of time with thrill-seeker, Gem. and David Smith whilst watching Chris Difford country-fy Squeeze classics, he really shouldnt have, missed the worst bit of the football due to going to watch the Lightning Seeds who sounded shite, Waters played a blinder tho, was a bit disapointed that Gunners Dream has been dropped but hey ho, highlights for me were Fletcher Memorial Home, Sheep, Time, Vera / Bring The Boys... and Brain Damage / Eclipse, will post more when I'm more awake, just watching the footage back now, damn we sang loud!! :D

SDP please put whatever you got on NPF torrent I would love to see it!!
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Here's some photos from the gig then :
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/andyga ... as,1%3af,0

I'm still on a high from it all :D and have had hardly any sleep in the last week. The hostel was a waste of money I think. Total crap. :lol: There were to guys snoring away the whole night and one of them picked a great moment to get sick all over the room at 2am :o Dodgy curry his excuse was :roll: :lol:

Enjoy the photos.

Videos will be on the way soon :D
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

PublicImage wrote:http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/andyga ... pg&.src=ph

Is that man called Floyd?
Could be :o That guy was in all 15 (roughly) of my photos I tried to take that day :evil: :evil: A year ago yesturday 8)
djh
Embryo
Embryo

Post by djh »

> Did anyone here this being broadcast on Virgin ? :?

Yes, on Sunday they played Money and Wish You Were Here with a short chat with Nick Mason in between.