Want Roger Waters to play more solo mateial??

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

1984. The only reason I got P/C bootleg that wasn't Radio City Or Bust (and even that was a disappointment... were the radio/soundboard techs THINKING that night?), aside from Eric Clapton.
I forgot about that last verse. I guess he could always do it in his modern-day "Sheep" voice with the singers on backup... that seems to help amplify his battered voice.

Out of curiosity, what would the best '84 bootleg be? Aside from the tinny Swedish Neurotica? That seems to be the one year where he was the only singer through the whole show; he even felt confident enough to do the deathtrap that was Money (and the whole show was a respectable Roger Waters show as opposed to a Pink Floyd imitation, excepting that one song).
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

I really like the Montreal show which I believe was on July 31st of 1984.

The video version is the one shot from the back of the concert hall. Not the best quality, but suitable.

I'm not sure about audio sources of this show. I'm sure they exist but under what titles I'm not sure.

Here's several titles to choose from:
Pros and cons of live hitchiking
Pros and cons of New Jersey
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

drafsack wrote:If you have ever seen Rog live then you will know that during his solo stuff the bars and the toilets suddenly fill up
That's because those people are ignorantly brain deficient enough to not have the capacity within their minds to allow interesting emotive songs into their conciousness unless it has a 'Pink Floyd' brand name attached to it.
Personally, i'd be very much in favour of him dropping some of the PF stuff in order to hear Amused to Death in full no come to think of it, id rather hear that album in FULL and disregard DSOTM. In all honesty, most of the songs bar one is it are sung by someone that isn't there so that's a big chunk of the 'feel' and 'vibe' sadly lacking.