Roger on ITV

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Roger on ITV

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Roger will be on the ITV news at 7 pm tonight

Just thought i'd let you all know :wink:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

ITV 1? I will record it! Then torrent it! 8)
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Yep it's on ITV 1...i saw it on the lunchtime news

the joys of being off on holiday :lol:
henno

Post by henno »

why would he be on the news???

is he the new england soccer manager??
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

henno wrote:why would he be on the news???

Maybe he has something special to tell us..... like he is actually God and he made the world and everything and was the only creative force behind Pink Floyd! :o
Lurking Fear
Axe
Axe

Post by Lurking Fear »

nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Keith Jordan wrote:
henno wrote:why would he be on the news???

Maybe he has something special to tell us..... like he is actually God and he made the world and everything and was the only creative force behind Pink Floyd! :o
No need to slam the fella, that kind of thing can get you banned temporarily around here; you don't want to end up on the LIST, do you? :wink:
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

Lurking Fear wrote:Probably commenting on this:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060622/ap_ ... aters_wall
i love this quote:

One of the concert site staff, identified only as Amit, told Israel Radio that monks at a nearby Trappist monastery had given their blessing to the concert and its powerfully amplified message of coexistence, but as members of a silent order, "It's not likely that they'll sing along."

funny.

what's up with this statement?:

Israel says the half-finished, 470-mile barrier will be 95 percent electronic fence and only 5 percent wall when complete.

whatwhatwhat?! does the fact that it's not technically a "wall" in most places make things better? i guess roger will have to rewrite some lyrics.
"all in all you're just another strand of electrified wire in the fence". hmm. doesn't really have a lyrical flow to it, does it?

hey roger. our "commander in thief" george bush is building a wall to keep out those dirty mexicans who want to work for pennies. maybe you can do a gig out in the arizona desert somewhere! perhaps next we'll build a wall to keep out those damn canucks and their cheap presciption medications. once that's done we can set up a naval blockade on the east and west coasts to keep the rest of you lot out! (of course hawaii and alaska will be out there, on their own, but who cares. screw'em. we got along just fine without 'em for a long time.) the nsa can monitor our overseas phonecalls to keep us safe from terrorists. google can filter our internet searches just like they do for china so that we don't have to be exposed to anything un-american. momma won't let anyone dirty get through. it'll be the best ever! we don't need to conquer the world. we'll just pretend that the rest of the world doesn't exist! (america collectively inserts index fingers into its ears.) "nanananana. i can't hear you!" and while we're at it, let's just ignore global warming and turn up the air conditioning. so what if places like florida, new york and california flood as the polar ice caps melt? who cares? the only people who live in places like that are hippies freaks and homos. we're better off without 'em.

wow, ranting makes me feel better. uh, what was the topic of this thread again? i seem to have steered us off course! oh yeah. rog is gonna be on tv. cool. next comment please.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

nosaj wrote:you don't want to end up on the LIST, do you? :wink:
if there's a list, i'm probably on it! god, it sucks to be me. no one understands. :x
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I just started recording the damn thing on ITV news and was happy that I had remembered about it. Then they had to stop the news story part way through as they lost the sound on the broadcast!! I hope the programme director is busying himself to fit it back in to the schedule else I will be writing them a stern letter and demanding a copy on DVD to torrent!!! :twisted:

Perhaps they will put it on the 10:30pm news this evening. I will look out for it.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

davidjay wrote:
if there's a list, i'm probably on it! god, it sucks to be me. no one understands. :x
I understand Brother.......... :D ..... ( Hands Birthday brother cheap prescription to ease the pain and get you on your feet again....Relax....Relax....Relax
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

davidjay wrote:
One of the rules of this forum is not to speak ill Roger or David, or something like that...only glanced at the rules once 8-[ If you don't follow the rules, you end up on a list, which could lead to banishment. :shock:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Luckily the idiots at ITV News were able to broadcast the interview on the 10:30pm news programme! All the sound people must be striking at ITN (who do the news for ITV and C4) becuase the sound levels in the news were all over the place and the Roger Waters interview had to be stopped at dinner time as it had no fuckin' sound at all!!! Ameteurs!!!! Anyway, they got the caretaker of the studios in to do the sound and were able to broadcast it hence I have it on a DVD recorded from Sky Digital.

I will edit it now, torrent it, make a lossy WMV of it and share it!! yay!!
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Keith Jordan wrote: Maybe he has something special to tell us..... like he is actually God and he made the world and everything and was the only creative force behind Pink Floyd! :o
And he would be right! :lol:
Lurking Fear
Axe
Axe

Post by Lurking Fear »

he's on CNN today, spray painting tired lyrics on Isreals wall:
javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/world/2006/06/24/hancock.wall.cnn','2006/07/01');