Roger Waters interview scan

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Roger Waters interview scan

Post by MadJedi »

here is an interview Roger Waters did for playboys dec 2005 issue.
i scanned the very short interview for you all, i figured some of you
might have missed it...

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

A comprehensive Playboy interview!! ;-)

Thanks Jedi.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Would you mind scanning the rest of the magazine for me please? I just like to have things complete :wink:
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Would you mind scanning the rest of the magazine for me please? I just like to have things complete :wink:
OINK OINK OINK!!!!!!
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

i like the comment about words to "wont get fooled again" maybe this was about floyd?
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

Based on that interview Pink Floyd will never do an album together again, there is no way David will let Roger have his way with a whole album again.

Ohh well, I suppose never say never.
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

lol, I love the fact he just outright comes out with 'The Who and Pink Floyd were just better' Awesome.
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

Dowie100 wrote:Based on that interview Pink Floyd will never do an album together again, there is no way David will let Roger have his way with a whole album again.

Ohh well, I suppose never say never.
Well, that also depends on what Rog defines as arguing.. If he means someone else suggesting a different way - then no, nothing will ever happen. If he means actually having a proper argument because either one of them isn't getting their own way on certain things...hmm..maybe it wont happen...

If he means creative disagreements that end up in a decent bit of music, with a contribution by all? Maybe...just maybe..
Atom Heart Sun
Blade
Blade

Post by Atom Heart Sun »

Hmm I think what he is really saying is between the lines, and actually it is very positive!

"I might be prepared to make a record, but there's no fucking way I'm going to argue with him about how to make it. It was horrible to have to fight with somebody about how to make Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall. Of course, the results were spectacular."

It's only my little theory of course, but bear with me and I'll tell you what I think he's really saying here:

"I might be prepared to make a record.."

Simple: "I would love to record with all the boys again."

"..but there's no fucking way I'm going to argue with him about how to make it."

Here he is NOT negatively saying "I expect only trouble from working with Gilmour, whom I find to be awkward.." etc.
I believe he is actually saying "Dave, it would be great if we can work together again and I am hoping we could try hard to get by without arguing.."

"It was horrible to have to fight with somebody.."

In other words, "I regret all the fighting and have no intention of doing so if I can help it if we do work together again.."

"..about how to make Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall. Of course, the results were spectacular."

Given the track record, "..if we did have differences of opinion I hope we could still get through it (maybe better than before though!) because often we have emerged from it with some great records anyway that we are both still proud of even today."

I think that this is largely what Waters has been saying between the lines in many interviews of late.
We already knew all this though really, didn't we? What we really need now to move things on is for David to become more positive and decide that maybe Waters isn't going to turn into a monster again.
Having said that, perhaps the events since '86 have slowly begun to temper the Waters ego a bit and teach him to respect his former bandmates a little more..
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

DoctorFloyd wrote:Well, that also depends on what Rog defines as arguing.
Roger being a learned intellectual type probably defines arguing the same way Michael Palin does in the Monty Python argument sketch
Dave probably listens to Rog formulating his connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition, and hears an intellectual bully, while Roger listens to Dave telling him whats wrong with his song and hears the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says

he almost gets something in that interview though: it was horrible to go through all those arguments, but the results were spectacular
he had nobody to argue with from The Final Cut on, and the results are unedited Roger for better or worse
having to defend his songwriting to Dave, and occassionally accept legitimate criticisms, made for better records
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

mmmm i hope Playboy also does an article on India Waters...