Neal Adams and Bill Sienkiewicz artwork for 2006 Rog tour

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Neal Adams and Bill Sienkiewicz artwork for 2006 Rog tour

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

So I'm having a little browse online for Bill Sienkiewicz (I'm currently rekindling a nearly forgotten adolescent enthusiasm for comics at the mo) who might just be one of my all-time favourite comics artists ever and I come across the following at Neal Adams' site.
Neal Adams wrote:Pink Floyd?s Roger Waters and What I Did this weekend. And why I?ve got to see him on tour...
Roger Waters is going on tour on June 4, 2006. But just now he's working with Sony to put his incredible show together for his audiences.

... Scheduled to be his first number?

A new incredible song narrated and based on a real incident from his life. As a young man traveling in the Middle East.

The filmed show for this song is not a film but panels from a comic book.

A comic book story illustrated by Bill Sienkiewicz and yours truly.

The project is grand and yet totally personal. The work from Bill and myself illustrate a straightforward story. A simple story so personal, simple and revealing of humanity that Roger felt, if you can believe it that only comic panels will do the trick.

The star of this story is Bill Sienkiewicz.

Me, I helped along the way in the last 3 days to tell the story.

The story? I don't know if this isn't the greatest song that Roger Waters has written... but for me, after all his brilliant songs, this, this one is the greatest.

Believe me when I say Roger will be sharing his soul with you if you get to that concert.

Bill, and I we were very lucky.
Wow.

Here are some piccies. I'll leave you to work out who did what.

J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

yeh I noticed that a while ago, shortly after the Lisboa concert I found a link to Adams' website which I think youve found too
we can only see bits of the pictures from that Rock In Rio broadcast,
I hope if/when Roger puts out the official tour DVD he includes all this Leaving Beirut art as a bonus

I know Bill Sienkewicz did a lot of Marvel Comics in the 80s, but the only thing I have of his in my personal collection is that abandoned Big Numbers project he started with Alan Moore (2 issues and waiting..., ..., ... )
Neal Adams of course did legendary work on Batman and Green Arrow in the early 70s, and some issues of the XMen in the late 60s, I think some Avengers as well
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I like those. If I could draw like that, I would do loads for the NPF Magazine! 8)
Dydion
Axe
Axe

Post by Dydion »

Bill's work, I think, was best in THE NEW MUTANTS. But I like his earlier stuff, too, like MOON KNIGHT.

I love Neal Adams, always have, even back when I was 13. I have bought his comics over the years and have all the GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW, and have most of his THE UNCANNY X-MEN, AVENGERS, BATMAN, , and of course, DEADMAN. I think it was the DEADMAN short stories that made me sit up and take notice of him when they were appearing in the back of AQUAMAN comics. I also have numerous others that I bought for his cover art: THE WITCHING HOUR, HOUSE OF MYSTERY, STRANGE ADVENTURES, WORLD'S FINEST, Tarzan paperbacks...ahh, what a trip down memory lane...:wink:

Gives me a gush of admiration for Waters: Neal Adams and Bill Sienkewicz are my two top favorite comic artists of all time, followed by Jim Steranko (NICK FURY, AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D.) and Mike Kaluta (THE SHADOW).
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

My top three Bill Sienkiewicz books would be (in no particular order) Elektra: Assassin, Stray Toasters, Voodoo Child (the illustrated story of Jimi Hendrix) and his half of the Brought to Light book. No wait, that's four. Well, three and a half really. May as well add the EPMD and RZA as Bobby Digital album covers too. Does that make three and three quarters?