Tour Blog

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Tour Blog

Post by Yucateco »

i haven?t found this posted here, but Ian Ritchie, the sax player on Waters tour has his own tour blog! Nice read with some interesting details and some very nice backstage fotos:

http://ian-ritchie.com/rwblog.htm

and Kilminster has a tour blog too!

http://www.davekilminster.com/DiaryRWEu ... ur2006.htm

i want to be on rogs band :lol: :

Monday 19th June 2006

OK, today we get spoilt!! Roger has a villa in Greece that he hasn't seen for quite a while, so a couple of helicopters are hired (and a coach, for the less adventurous members!!) and we're off to Rogers place for a barbeque!!! And what a place... right on the beach too!!! A perfectly idyllic setting... The caretaker has hired some chefs in to prepare the food, and Roger takes some of us out for a boat trip while we wait for the others in the coach to arrive. The water is wonderful too... absolutely perfect for swimming... :O) and the barbeque is just out of this world, as we're treated to a huge selection of local delicacies... culminating in two lambs that have been roasting slowly on the spit for the last few hours!!! It's been a lovely day, and everyone seems very content during the long drive to the airport.... Just a short flight to Istanbul now...
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

very nice especially the pictures of Dave Kilminister. it's really a look behind the scenes :P
henno

Post by henno »

i love this post:

Thursday 29th June 2006

Today we fly to Cork for possibly the loudest audience yet?!!! They're amazing!!!!! It's a fairly small venue in a marquee, but the 5000 people there make an incredible noise!!! There's a power failure during 'Perfect Sense' so we finished the first set a little early, but came back on and rocked the second set!!! It was also nice to have Nick back on drums... :O) After the gig we fly straight back to Stanstead and board a minibus to the hotel...
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

henno wrote:Thursday 29th June 2006

Today we fly to Cork for possibly the loudest audience yet?!!! They're amazing!!!!! It's a fairly small venue in a marquee, but the 5000 people there make an incredible noise!!! ..
Cool .... I played my small part in the noise :smt038
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Sunday 2nd July 2006 : London/Roskilde/London : We flew straight to Roskilde from Luton airport around 4.00pm. Arrived at the venue with just enough time to have a quick steak, warm up my sax and go onstage. Despite the lack of soundcheck the onstage sound was one of the best we have had. ( outfront sound is always amazing thanks to Trip and Bob ). The audience numbered around 90000. The biggest crowd of the tour. Pat was in paerticularily good form on 'Perfect Sense' and I think everyone in the band played even better than in London. Definitely a highlight gig of the tour. On the return to London we got held up by customs in Luton and stood around on the runway while they did who knows what with our passports. Welcome back to England! We have a few days off in London now before the Rotterdam date on friday.
This brings a tear to my eye! 90.000 people! And believe me, we sure as hell let 'em know we enjoyed it.