The Pig flys over Pittsburgh 24th Small gig review /Spoilers

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Machina
Blade
Blade

The Pig flys over Pittsburgh 24th Small gig review /Spoilers

Post by Machina »

The gig was stunning .I was expecting something good but this was way better than I had hoped for .The band was tight and and the light show was unbelievable.The was no booing after Leaving Beirut just huge cheers and the same goes for Perfect Sense where the crowd went crazy over the Submarine in the Stadium swimming pool which fires torpedoes which let off an ICBM on the screen.Snowy played nearly all lead for the 1st half and Dave Kilminster did most of the second half ..Kilminsters solo's are perfect,Yes perfect !.The pig flew off at the end of Sheep .A large astronaut floats across the stage at the begining of Perfect Sense.They played from 8:15 to 10.45.Only faults were a slight screw up by snowy on the Comfortably numb solo and The roto tom Intro on Time is still not right.There's no lip synching at all .There's a millisecond delay from what's happening on stage to what's happening on the seven screens so I can see why some people think Roger is lip synching .He's not though .Get tickets for this tour you won't regret it.Don't go thinking you can smoke a joint and lay back to listen to Floyd songs .This is an in your face rock concert and it's freaking awesome.
Last edited by Machina on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ummagumma!
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Ummagumma! »

It was fucking amazing!
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

we have a topic for concert reviews right here http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=14062 . you should post it there. If the mods had listened to me and made it a sticky then you wouldnt have made the mistake of starting your own thread.
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

I'm doing a full review for that thread,Sorry about that.