Lineup for the KAOS tour

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Lineup for the KAOS tour

Post by Groovybass77 »

What was the linu-up of musicians for Rogers KAOS tour. I have been listening to the Goodbye Mr. Pink Floyd recording and am very interested. the guy who is singing Have a Cigar is amazing. The guitar work is interesting as well, and i believe Clapton is gone at this point and Beck hasnt come.
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

I believe it's :
Graham Broad ,Drums
Paul Carrack ,Keyboards ,Vocals
Doreen Chanter Vocals
Mel Collins ,Sax
Andy Fairweather Low,Guitars
Katie Kissoon,Vocals
Jay Stapley,Guitars
Jimm Ladd,DJ
RW,Bass
I think Paul Carrack does the vocals Dave Gimour would usually do.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

I was pretty irritated with Paul Carrack singing Have a cigar. I liked the hilariously off-key versions Roger sang on the 1984 tour.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

I am actually quite open to other peoples singing Pink Floyd songs. I actually love Van Morrison's singing on Comfortably Numb. On the other hand, i cant stand Fred Durst because he just had to rewrite the song and make it worse before he could sing it just like every other crap Limp Bizket song, and Korn who turned Another Brick in the Wall into a Nu Metal song....the worst thing you could do to a Floyd song.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

It's fun to hear other people sing Pink Floyd songs when they do it with their own style (as opposed to imitating David Gilmour). The NPF album is a good example of Floyd covers done right; the artists all put their own mark on it. Kind of like what Roger and his band did on the P&C/KAOS tours; it sounded far better then than it did when they tried imitating the Floyd on recent tours.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Tenniru wrote: The NPF album is a good example of Floyd covers done right; the artists all put their own mark on it. Kind of like what Roger and his band did on the P&C/KAOS tours; it sounded far better then than it did when they tried imitating the Floyd on recent tours.
Except of course for the fact that Roger sang ALL the songs on the Pros and cons tour...