New Waters Song: Hello (I love you) - From "The Last Mi

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Heartland
Axe
Axe

Post by Heartland »

Keith Jordan wrote:Stay on topic. Read the forum rules please about sending threads off topic and killing them.
I think we all just got cyber spanked :shock: :cry:
matknny
Hammer
Hammer

Post by matknny »

Heartland wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:Stay on topic. Read the forum rules please about sending threads off topic and killing them.
I think we all just got cyber spanked :shock: :cry:
Don't worry I've been told enough in my day

And Im glad to hear about a new Waters song :D
hummingman
Blade
Blade

Post by hummingman »

Doesn't sound like Roger's music in the trailer. By the way, Roger collaborated with Howard Shore, who also scored the soundtrack for The Departed, where Roger's Berlin version of Com Numb was featured.
PDiamond
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PDiamond »

jedi with crazy diamonds wrote: and for the record, i saw the title and first thought was a doors cover... now i see it is not a cover, i am dissapointed.
strange... the dutch music magazine "Oor" says on their website that Roger had recorder a cover version of the Doors song Hello (I Love You) :?

http://www.oor.nl/news_details.asp?id=3509
http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=1239

am I not getting something right or what? :roll:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The film studio press release says it is an original song so those other sites are probably very wrong. :?
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

Strange how the press release states that this is only the second time Roger has recorded an original song for a motion picture (or words to that effect). I am assuming the first time they refer to would have been "Lost Boys Calling", but then what about the material he wrote and recorded for "When The Wind Blows"?

Wouldn't it be awesome to have Roger roadtest his new song in the setlist of the upcoming tour?
RogerWatersxoxo
Embryo
Embryo

Post by RogerWatersxoxo »

i hope it is good :n)
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

Someone on imdb said they heard the song during a test screening of the film and it was a incredable song.

Link to the post
hopthepond
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hopthepond »

Dowie100 wrote:Someone on imdb said they heard the song during a test screening of the film and it was a incredable song.

Link to the post
you can listen to 80seconds of the track here!:

http://newlinerecords.com/pages/mimzy/r ... player.htm
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

hopthepond wrote:
Dowie100 wrote:Someone on imdb said they heard the song during a test screening of the film and it was a incredable song.

Link to the post

sounds very good to me!! 8) I´m quite amazed about his voice there too! Very promising for his new album (if we will ever see it)
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Roger's better off singing in a lower range, especially these days when his voice isn't what it was.

Sounds good. it's got a memorable tune. After the first hearing I could still remember the chorus and after the second hearing, the verse.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

It sounds good from that clip. The vocals in the chorus sound excellent!
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

hopthepond wrote:

sounds like a Lionel Richie rip off to me.

and whats with the line "is there anybody out there" thats stolen from a pink floyd song :roll:

:lol:
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

80 seconds? it was only 45 seconds. I can't really voice much opinion until i have heard the rest of the song, but from what i hear i like it. His voice is in good shape, much better than the KAOS and ATD recordings IMO.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Wow his voice sounds great on the chorus. Better than it has in years. I hope he does lots of vocals like that on the new album, I miss Roger's screaming :wink:

It's pretty strange, cause Roger hasn't sung like that since Pros and cons of hitchiking way back in 1984. The only exception I can think of is his vocals on Home from Radio Kaos. But otherwise, he hasn't sung like this for about 20 years. Why would it be that he's suddenly wanting his voice to sound better? It doesn't make since that he was "incapable" of singing like that for the past 20 years since he's now much older. I wonder what kind of "processing" goes on with Roger's voice...
Last edited by The Gunner's Dream on Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.