Roger Waters 2008 Concert Dates

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.

Would You Like To Watch A Roger Waters Concert in 2008?

Yes
86%
No
8%
Indifferent
7%

Total votes: 91

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roger Waters 2008 Concert Dates

Post by Keith Jordan »

According to the informative and well connected Brain Damage website, Roger Waters will be performing at least two concerts in 2008.

Roger, who is the ex-bass player and "creative force" behind Pink Floyd, will be performing his Dark Side of the Moon show at Pinkpop venue of Megaland, in Landgraaf, The Netherlands, on May 11th 2008. This is the day before the Pinkpop Classic festival, which itself is followed by the main Pinkpop festival. Tickets for the show went on sale today at 10am, through Ticketmaster's ticketservice.nl, livenation.nl, and other normal outlets.

Roger will also be playing his Dark Side Of The Moon show at Fionia Park, Odense, in Denmark on May 13th, 2008. Tickets for the concert, which starts at 8:30pm, went on sale on December 19th on http://www.danbillet.dk and http://www.billetnet.dk.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Roger Waters 2008 Concert Dates

Post by Yucateco »

if he comes anywhere near Munich, i will go and see him again, even if it´s the same show. 2007 concert was awesome!
Jujufloyd
Axe
Axe

Post by Jujufloyd »

I saw him in 2002, in 2006 and in 2007. If he comes to France in 2008, of course I will go ! :D
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

I would love to see him again in 2008. It was such an awesome show last April. Perhaps we should go to Denmark :?
Edit:
We're going to Landgraaf near Heerlen which lies nearly round the corner. It only takes about 1 hour to drive there from Cologne. So on May 11th I'm gonna see him again. BTW : Tickets go for 59 €.
Last edited by alma on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkest Side
Axe
Axe

Post by Darkest Side »

Sure, I'd go...........if he actually came to Australia again!!!!!!!!!! Which is about as likely as the possibility of Gilmour coming down under.

I went to the first show of his 2007 world tour (Melbourne) and it was awesome. Mind you, at that stage, there were still a few bugs in production waiting to be ironed out.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I would love to see him live. I am holding out hope that he does at least a limited engagement tour here in the US.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Although I'd love to see him tour again (I'll probably even buy tickets), I DESPERATELY hope he doesn't do that tired DSotM setlist again. He's been through it hundreds of times, note-for-note. I'm not asking for KAOS, but at least play something else? WYWH? At least shuffle the encores and first set a bit? I don't want to pay for two identical concerts.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

True.

Say, what's wrong with the poll? I noticed you can change your vote any time. :?
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Hey, think of it this way: arguing about things might actually have an effect on the numbers.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

i was on holisay when he came to melbourne so i missed it
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Tenniru wrote:Hey, think of it this way: arguing about things might actually have an effect on the numbers.
And in the light of new evidence we'll be seeing the same show over and over again if we went to see Waters in 2008, I changed my vote to "No". :lol:
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

I don't have a problem with a identical setlist. The april concert was that brilliant that I would actually enjoy a repetition. One might consider it like going to the philharmonics to listen to a Beethoven symphony for example. When you go to there you know exactly what to expect. You're attending the concert for the sheer pleasure of enjoying something beautiful.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I would be more than happy to see the same set list again and again but due to the fact I don't grow money on a tree, I wouldn't be much happy to spend over 200 Eur (ticket + ride + food + booze + some souvenirs) on something I've already seen before.
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

Agreed. Now I understand your point of view. For me it's easy. The concert in the netherlands is close to the place I live, so I don't have too many expenses.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I've seen that set more than once and it was great everytime :) I'd pay a lot to see even the same set list again, we won't have the chance much longer!

It was actually the cheapest concert I've been to in a long time