Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010 and 2011

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.

Would you go and watch Roger doing The Wall live in 2010?

Yes Definiately!
77%
Possibly
12%
Indifferent
3%
Probably not
4%
Absolutely not!
3%

Total votes: 121

AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Re: Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010 and 2011

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

Saw "The Wall" in 1980 Nassau Coleseum,Long Island, NY, USA.....was a great show. Also saw several of Roger's solo performances. Hope it is not like "The Wall in Berlin" with various artists performing the songs.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I wonder what he will do to make it pay this time
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

This is certainly great news that he is doing something.
And I would probably go and see the show if I had the chance.
It might look great, but I fear it will sound terrible without Davey as a music director.
We'll see...
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

fingers crossed for australian shows..... but i doubt it.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I suggest a highlight for them shows:

Roger swims out of jelly lava, and yells:

KIYAAAAAA!!!
apple
Embryo
Embryo

Post by apple »

I'd like to see it live though now it may not be so sharp and powerfull as then. Would be nice reunion if Nick and David joined, but I doubt it. Roger's voice lately didn't sound very well so we'll see some interesting guest vocalists I think. Also in 2010/11 might be possible to bring some technical inovations on stage like three dimensional projections and such... who knows? But there is definitely gonna be something interesting about it, otherwise Roger wouldn't bother, would he. So I will travel to see it, especially if some of the shows is near Czech republic where I live. I'd be also pleased if he came with something new. But it seems that the wall was a bit of a prophetical piece and Roger seems to be warried about the future of mankind so he may want to bring back this stuff again, third round. People still seem to be anxious to build highest possible walls around themselves. Me too, whenever my downstairs neighbour pisses me out with his impossible family noises.
malusienka
Knife
Knife

Post by malusienka »

I hope it will be somewhere near me... If the concerts would be only in England and USA, there's no hope for me that I could be there.
I'm waiting for those concerts, but, please Roger, choose Poland for one of your concerts!

I know that there's only a small possibility that he would make a concert here, but, maybe... [-o<
aglaia
Embryo
Embryo

Post by aglaia »

8) Yes definately want to go
Lello
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Lello »

SURE I WILL BE THERE!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Hopefully he will play in Lisbon, failing that, sure I will travel.

<ii> <ii>
igorynka
Embryo
Embryo

Post by igorynka »

malusienka wrote:I hope it will be somewhere near me... If the concerts would be only in England and USA, there's no hope for me that I could be there.
I'm waiting for those concerts, but, please Roger, choose Poland for one of your concerts!

I know that there's only a small possibility that he would make a concert here, but, maybe... [-o<
Hey, what's the problem? :) England is just less than 2h from Poland, there are lots of cheap flights to England, one night in any hostel won't be that expensive I guess...
I'm starting to save money on "European-Trip" :P "It would be so nice" if it was England or Germany.

I was on Roger's gig in may'08 (Landgraaf, Netherlands). I spent 18h in bus to Aachen, then I was sitting nearly half a day on my ass, in front of venue gates, then spent night sleeping in sleeping bag :D in bushes (I was lucky - that day/night was the warmest day/night in Netherlands by that moment :D), then 10h wandering in Aachen (waiting for bus to Poland), and then next 18h in "come-back" bus. It was trip of my life so far :D and one more - IT ALL WAS WORTH :P

Let Your dreams come true...whatever the price is :D
flosyd
Axe
Axe

Post by flosyd »

1000000000 % i'll be there :D <ii> can't wait!!!
jude111
Axe
Axe

Post by jude111 »

I'm totally indifferent, and unless tickets fell in my lap, I wouldn't bother. It's not 1979, it's 2009. I wouldn't go, for the same reason I wouldn't see any oldies act performing songs from 30 years a go.

Come on, Roger, do something new. I can't imagine you are short of cash, so what's the point? All you'll do is embarass yourself. My advice: hole up somewhere with an acoustic guitar, write 20 songs or so, record them, and tour it at small venues. Now *that* I would pay to see!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

i would definitely go, though i would fear that with the wall purely in his hands it will turn in to a mess of female backing vocalists and somehow even more over the top production
hertogjejan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hertogjejan »

I would definitely go,just because its Rog, I would prefer that he did a live show of ATD complete with hedonistic video,blimps and effects.
I go to anything floyd related...I'm like that.
Prisma
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Prisma »

Uniike DG, Roger Waters has given us the opportunity to live the dream of Pink Floyd lately, and beyond Europe.

Those of us who came into the club quite late really appreciate this opportunity. [-D-]

After reading previous posts about this subject I understand that several members lived that dream 20 years ago or maybe more, but not all of us did.

For us it doesn't have anything to do with voices or platforms, locations or happy years on the road. It has to do with the magic this means yet. We still live it, and hopefully will keep living it.

When I received the last newsletter I immediately informed my Floydian pals. We live in Latin America, where, although more and more are realizing it is a great market, we still get happily excited to receive guests from such a high level in music history.

As an event organizer and promoter I am happy to focus on doing my best to send fans to different venues, but most important for me: being one of those fans \:D/

I will go, definitely!

Prisma
From sunny and green Costa Rica 8)