Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010 and 2011

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.

Would you go and watch Roger doing The Wall live in 2010?

Yes Definiately!
77%
Possibly
12%
Indifferent
3%
Probably not
4%
Absolutely not!
3%

Total votes: 121

floydfreak420
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010 and 2011

Post by floydfreak420 »

Hello, I just joined NPF but I've been a Floyd fan for many years. Unfortunately I did not attend any of the original Wall shows (or Berlin) so I would love to see a complete Wall show. At the beginning of the 99' - 02' tour, Roger was opening the show with the entire first side of the Wall (album). He also played Comfortably Numb during the 2nd set and it all sounded great. If that's a hint of how a complete Wall show would be, I would definitely go see it. Of course I would love to see all the visuals as well. Just for the record my first Floyd related show was in 1984, "The Pros & Cons" at the Meadowlands Arena in East Rutherford, NJ.

I am happy when Roger does anything but I have been waiting so long for a new studio rock album, I am worried that these Wall shows will prevent him from ever releasing one. I would love to see him tour "The Wall" but I would much rather hear & see new material. If I could have it my way, the tour would consist of a new album for the first set and the Wall for the 2nd set with a few classic encores from ATD or Pros & Cons. I guess that's just a pipe dream...
moonrock62
Axe
Axe

Post by moonrock62 »

[-D-] Yeah- I'd love to go to the concert and yes it is a fantastic idea. Now the big ask would be that Australia is included in tour. Roger played in Oz in '07 and I travelled to Melbourne from regional Australia for that.
Not Now John
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Not Now John »

I have to agree that I find the Berlin show to be the least interesting of his performances. Maybe I should watch it again, but I've tried several times and each time I'm as disappointed.

As for this tour, i have a good feeling it will happen considering I can't imagine RW on the sidelines for too long after the success of his previous tours. If there's any time to pull it off now is it , and I don't think he will let us down. It may not be as grandiose of a performance as the original. but it's the music that defines the performance and I have no doubt that he can deliver on a very high level. I would imagine it to be a scaled down performance with some of the effects replaced with high resolution video and choreographed lighting, but if you caught any of the DSOTM tour, you can rest assured Roger will bring the magic and it will be a mass success. He will no doubt make a fortune on this tour, but will return the favor with giving us something we have always wanted to see.
Smorgie84
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Smorgie84 »

With today being the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, I feel I must contribute something to this thread. I was fortunate enough to attend both the original 1980 Wall performance in New York as well as the 1990 Berlin show.

For the original show, I was 13 at the time. We lived in the Chicago area, so we flew to New York for the evening. My parents were huge Pink Floyd fans and took me out of school for the afternoon. They told me I had a dentist appointment, but I soon caught on to the surprise when I saw signs to the airport. I was back in school the next day with my Floyd t-shirt and was the envy of my entire 8th grade class.

In 1990, I made a solo trip to Berlin and saw Roger's performance of the show. The conditions were awful, having had to wait in Potsdamer Platz for about 12 hours on a hot summer afternoon with 200,000+ people. The sound was terrible and I could not see much since everyone was standing on the same level. But the experience of being there was amazing, and I can say I actually helped chop down remains of the Berlin Wall. The DVD/CD fixes up all the technical missteps that I heard first hand in Berlin.

It would be nice to see Roger resurrect this project one last time. But what is going on with his long-awaited solo project. It will be almost 20 years since Amused to Death. Will we ever get any new material from this man? He will be pushing 70 when this is over.
pvdossel
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pvdossel »

Definitely I'll go...if he performs in Holland (or maybe Germany) but only because I'm a "Wall" addict ever since seeing the REAL 80 and 81 shows in London Earls Court.
Reason I also went to the Australian PF performing in its entirety.

I'm not going for seeing/hearing Roger, because I more or less had it with his SEMI-live performances!

Wonder how many songs he will playback this time...maybe nice for a poll or new forum topic?

Hope that Snowy will be there though....
juli_waters
Embryo
Embryo

Post by juli_waters »

I would absolutely go!

I'm a pretty new Pink Floyd fan (only about a year old so be nice to me!) so I haven't seen them or even Roger solo yet.

I'm really looking forward to some new news from his management regarding the tour. I sounds pretty likely, he was really upbeat about it in the issue of Mojo.

*fingers crossed*
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Who are all these people?
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Old time PF fans, we just fell in a parallel twilight zone NPF universe.
Vera Lynn
Blade
Blade

Post by Vera Lynn »

Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
Hope Roger will remember Montreal!
I'll be there when pigs fly....because with Roger they do!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Picked this up from BD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMDGmDUNJQY
floyd_beatles_95
Hammer
Hammer

Post by floyd_beatles_95 »

Damn!t wrote:Picked this up from BD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMDGmDUNJQY

:smt055 :smt049
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Looking forward to booking my tickets! 8)
floyd_beatles_95
Hammer
Hammer

Post by floyd_beatles_95 »

Keith Jordan wrote:Looking forward to booking my tickets! 8)
You and me both! I am uber-excited!

:D \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :D
Hamoen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Hamoen »

I really hope the show will go on....

The wall is the music piece which made me a floyd fan!

The 1980 tour was a bit to early for me... (I was 1 year old...) So i hope to catch this one!!!
ally
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ally »

well, i'm a david gilmour girl. always have been, probably always will be. but if roger's tour took him anywhere near me, and it wasn't too expensive, i'd be there in a heartbeat. there's no way i would pass up seeing any member of my all-time favorite band :D