Roger Waters - The Wall Live 2011 DVD/CD recording

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roger Waters - The Wall Live 2011 DVD/CD recording

Post by Keith Jordan »

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... ger-waters

According to Roger Waters website all 6 shows at London's O2 arena will be filmed and recorded. Hence there will probably be a DVD and a CD of The Wall Live tour in 2011.

According to a note on Roger's website, "Roger Waters will be filming and recording all 6 shows at The O2 Arena in London in May. For these shows, photographs are permitted but we must insist on NO Flash photography. Flash wipes out the images projected on the Wall, which are the most important part of the show. Any person who uses Flash will have their camera confiscated and could be removed from the Arena."
David Gilmour at London O2 Shows

As only the London shows are being recorded it would make sense that David Gilmour does his guest appearance at one of the 6 O2 Arena shows! This is pure speculation but it seems like the most logical venue for him to play at considering he doesn't live too far away from the O2 also!

Get tickets for The Wall Live tour in 2011!
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger Waters - The Wall Live 2011 DVD/CD recording

Post by Cowards »

Cannae wait, though chances of Gilmour subbing in on the first show are slim, at least I might be on a blimming DVD!
desoc111
Embryo
Embryo

Post by desoc111 »

Just what the world needs, yet another slick Floyd-related live CD. Personally I'm waiting for the treasure trove of live recordings that must exist from the band's heyday, circa early to late 70s. And I'm waiting for new music, not the umpteenth version of "Comfortably Numb."

It occurred to me, the demise of Syd Barrett's health sparked something within Roger Waters to come to grips musically with what had happened. The band has lost Syd and it has lost Richard, something the surviving band members must feel acutely, as do we Floyd fans. It would be nice if Roger and Dave could heal their differences and make music in tribute to their two friends and bandmembers.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I don't have any problem with Roger releasing a DVD of his tour. I'm going to see it in Dublin in May and would like to have a professionally recorded record of the tour to remember it by. People might not like the Gilmour led era of Pink Floyd in the same way as they did when Waters was in the band but at least those who are interested can buy Delicate Sound of Thunder and Pulse off the shelf of their record store. The same with the live shows which Roger and David did over the last decade. Again perhaps not to everyone's taste but it is a good thing that they exist.

Though I do agree with you on the other points. New music is unlikely to appear but it would be such a great thing if we could have proper, good quality live recordings. I'm just hoping that when Pink Floyd either re-signs a new contract with EMI for the physical distribution of their music or goes elsewhere, that it will mean that we might see some of this stuff come to light.
mrsmokeybear
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mrsmokeybear »

Gilmour on Saturday night will be good for me....
srijken
Embryo
Embryo

Post by srijken »

Hmm, does this mean that contrary to most gigs, photography is allowed? Is that just for those 6 shows, or for all shows?
Muzz211
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Muzz211 »

I saw the show in Vancouver and no flash was allowed.

Going to see it again too - flying to London to see some of the O2 shows. If gilmour shows up it will be a real Floyd love-in!
F41NXS
Axe
Axe

Post by F41NXS »

My thoughts have been on the same track that david Gilmour will appear at one of the London shows (it all makes perfect sense).

I flew over to Las Vegas last year to see Roger Waters at the MGM and it was a good show. I must admit it was a bit dissapointing as I prefered "In the Flesh" and think that was the best concert I have attended.
The Wall was good but I am considering selling my London tickets on the 18th as ive already seen the show and it never gave me the "whall" factor to rush and see again which is dissapointing. Im not sure whether to go or not, I would rather just see him do a gig, the band on stage without the show.

People will say what! how can you say that, but i felt when i saw him play "In the Flesh" he gave his all to the audience, where as with the wall, he is playing a part in the "show"

the show must go on.

ranick
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ranick »

Well all the O2 shows will be filmed as we know....
But know what?there is "an opportunity to film the Wall in Greece in early July"
The only official so far is tha Milan shows rescheduled due to that opportunity.
Nothing official about Greece....
Imagine Roger and Dave in Greece, filming the Wall and then vocations....Great
But as it is not official, i think i use my ticket for London on the 11th of May and visit UK, just to be sure....
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

You have pretty much said the same thing 5 times now. Feel free to explore some other threads too. :D
ranick
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ranick »

Keith Jordan wrote:You have pretty much said the same thing 5 times now. Feel free to explore some other threads too. :D
You are absolutely right.....sorry....
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Join the party, get involved in some other topics too. 8)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

We have topics?
F41NXS
Axe
Axe

Post by F41NXS »

mosespa wrote:We have topics?

indeed we do
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
apocalypse
Knife
Knife

Post by apocalypse »

Any guesses when this will be released? I'm still buzzing from seeing the show on Saturday. Sad now it's over. Might look into getting tickets for another date later in the year.

I was watching the gelredome show on youtube yesterday and was thinking about the official release. I was thinking it would be interesting to see this in a bluray 3d release. If it were released like this i may just buy a blu ray 3d compatible player to watch it on.