Roger Waters The Album Collection Boxset

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Roger Waters studio and live albums are set for a re-release packaged in a nice box set and feature 8 mini LP styles CD cases and 16 page booklet.

The albums are not remastered but, if you haven't got the albums already, then it would be an excellent time to spend a little cash to get an absolute load of albums!

If you live in the UK, then you can pre-order the box set from Play.com for only £32.99 (see link below) there compared to £37.99 on Amazon.co.uk! If you are in the USA or rest of world, then you can pre-order from Amazon.com for $46.46.

http://playcom.at/neptunepinkfloyd?CTY= ... fer=search

Roger Waters Box Set Contents

The contents are all of Roger's studio albums as well as live albums and DVD.

The recordings included are Pros & Cons, Radio KAOS, Amused To Death, In The Flesh Live (2CD & 1DVD) and Ca Ira (2CD).

If you haven't got half of those, then you should definitely treat yourself! Go on, you know you want to!

Your Thoughts?

Many of you will have thoughts and opinions on the new box set here. There is no new material to be found on any of the discs but, as mentioned, this purchase is a bargain if you only own one or two of Roger's ablbums. If you haven't heard Amused to Death then you are certainly missing out! Share your opinion on the NPF forum on the
Naughtrish
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Roger Waters The Album Collection Boxset

Post by Naughtrish »

And no Flickering Flame? I reckon it is a compilation but it has some nice stuff not found anywhere else (Knockin' on heaven's door, Each small candle, and a couple more)
Anyway, I have all his CDs, so no box for me -for now. I wonder if it will be among The Wall Tour merch (if he ever comes to Argentina)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think Flickering Flame was released on another label. I could be wrong though.
Naughtrish
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Naughtrish »

In my FF CD it says Sony Music (in the front cover) and Columbia Records :?:
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

it's a shame he didn't bother to make a "rarities" dics. some of his songs from Music From the Body, demos of unreleased songs, When the Wind Blows second half and some rare live cuts would have been nice to hear.
this is yet another missed opportunity from the Floyd camp.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

He could have also included the missing songs from "Radio KAOS" in this issue. The only thing I don't own on CD here is "Ca Ira", which I don't really find worth getting the whole box set for.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

by including the live album and the opera it looks as if he's been more prolific than he actually has over the last 28 years

but the set is missing: Music From the Body, When the Wind Blows and the Berlin Wall
and as everybody else has said there could have been a nice rarities disc - the few stray songs that appeared on Flickering Flame, Leaving Beirut and whatever the shorter song was that was its virtual flipside, er, some more film soundtracks, and of course the KAOS singles
that would have been (almost) a ceedee's worth

now that rumoured vinyl Amused to Death, that I'm excited about
Felix Atagong
Axe
Axe

Post by Felix Atagong »

And completists will want to know that there are actually two different versions of Ca Ira - the French and the English. But of course two versions of Ca Ira would be a kind of overkill in the box.
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Most of my thoughts were already posted above me. So I'll just say: I agree with you.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

i'm wondering though, does this appeal to the collectors?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Well, I think Live in Berlin is being re-released as a cd / dvd combo this year (the dvd portion, as far as I know, actually includes the uncut television broadcast version as a bonus).

I have all the albums, but my Ca Ira is the one with the dvd.

I probably won't buy this, but the little mini-album replicas would be cool - take up less space on the shelf.

Yeah, too bad about the missing items.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

nosaj wrote:I probably won't buy this, but the little mini-album replicas would be cool - take up less space on the shelf.
I hate those. They get torn up very easily, and you never know which album is which because there's no space on the sleeve spine to print the album name. Unfortunately, this kind of packaging is slowly becoming a standard, since it's much cheaper than a regular plastic case.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

It also doesn't contain the odd tracks he's released
Kojima-naked
Blade
Blade

Post by Kojima-naked »

no vinyl edition, which would be lovely considering a vinyl copy of amused to death will easily set you back >$100 us. I know Im in the minority here being as most people my age barely know what a record is. but to make a point, gilmours on an island got a very nice release, so did the live album, even the syd barret best of is getting one.

Im just saying I have this large stack of cash im trying to give to roger and hes making it very difficult.
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

Not for me. Amused is the only one of merit. The rest range from ok to no thanks.