New Roger Waters album?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: New Roger Waters album?

Post by Damn!t »

Roger is touring Pink Floyd stuff right now.
Ok, he did most of the work on The Wall and is a creative genius, but we all heard his demos before others kicked in to refine it.
Roger Waters wouldnt sell 9 times River Plate if he toured his own material.
And The Wall as it is right now is NOT entirely his own material.
Plus, those are different times then they were in the '80ies and '90ies.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

The Wall on tour this year is currently the highest grossing tour of 2012, doubling Springsteen's receipts who's coming in a far 2nd.

On the AMLOR tour Floyd played the Rosemont Horizon 4 times. Roger performed The Wall 4 times in 2010 at the United Center. Floyd played Soldier Field for the Division Bell tour while Roger played Wrigley in 2012. He is at least finally drawing the same size crowd as Floyd did at their peak of audience attendance.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Well done to him.

I think its great that in an era of shite music hes reminding everyone what music used to be about, hes putting on a stunning show and pulling in the crowds.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Thanks to shine_on for the tip...

A newspaper in Quebec reported that Roger is firmly committed to record a new album.

Here's the link (in french):
http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/arts-e ... waters.php

And here's the translation (from google):

For the first time in 20 years, Roger Waters is firmly committed to record a new solo album. He wrote the centerpiece of his project and has a very clear idea of the concept he wishes to operate.

"During the tour of The Wall in South America, I started to write a play," says singer and bassist. "I worked on it for a few weeks and then I showed it to my group. We sat together at a meal, with the chorus and all, and it filled me with enthusiasm to make another album anytime soon. I found the song of all central concerns I have, and many of the songs I've written over the last 10 years seem to fit into the theme of it. "

Proof that the creative impetus of Waters is serious, the former Pink Floyd is busy finding collaborators. He directors on the radar, although he keeps to share names. However, he does not hesitate to open the theme dear to him: he will observe how the political and religious beliefs are deeply rooted and geographically related to education.

"If it is assumed that there is no" us "and not" them ", we're all" us "and all of" them ", then it bypasses these obstacles. It is this act of faith that interests me more than the commitment to a deity or another. I think the idea that religion is more correct than another does not in the sense that there are so many and they can not all be
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

kjek1 wrote:Well done to him.

I think its great that in an era of shite music hes reminding everyone what music used to be about, hes putting on a stunning show and pulling in the crowds.

[-D-]
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

But just suppose, if Mr. Waters actually plans to come up with a new album, what's he going to come up with? (don't take it in the wrong way finalcut, i'm just interested...).
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

rememberaday wrote:But just suppose, if Mr. Waters actually plans to come up with a new album, what's he going to come up with? (don't take it in the wrong way finalcut, i'm just interested...).
He has already commented on this and the theme of the album is what one can expect of Mr Waters; current political and social events that he finds disturbing.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

And that's the point....he's always political and social events he finds disturbing. Now it's never bad to point out social problems, but there comes a times when people stop listening to you because you're preaching the thing over and over again.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

RonToon wrote:He has already commented on this and the theme of the album is what one can expect of Mr Waters; current political and social events that he finds disturbing.
More whining? Oh boy. You know what's disturbing? Millionaires pretending they are down with the working class. Corporate rock stars patronizing their ignorant audience, trying to speak for them.

There's a reason that Pink floyd is still played on corporate radio stations everyday. Waters is a tool for the oppressors.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Idisaffect! It's been some time since I saw you post over here! :)
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

rememberaday wrote:what's he going to come up with?
There are several working titles being considered.

The post Wall dream
Get your filthy hands off my cash
One of the few
What Rog wants

..etc.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

I hear that it's gonna include a cover of Dogs of War. :lol:
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Come on and give us another welease Woger.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

I think he'll just do what he usually does and just get a few guys together then jam for a few weeks until he gets something down that'll do and then just bung that out! :roll: Then again maybe he'll spend years perfecting it...after he's finished touring The Wall so we might get one in about 2017!
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

im hoping we finally get The Wall 1980-81 and Wall Live 2011-12 released on DVD within the next year or so.