Watch 6 min video from The Wall Live DVD

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
crowman
Blade
Blade

Re: Watch 6 min video from The Wall Live DVD

Post by crowman »

The body language between them is a lot better than it was at Live8. :lol:
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Keith Jordan wrote:

danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

What the hell was Willem Dafoe doing at their side?
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

I used to love The Wall. I can't stand it now. I will probably never listen to it again and I passed on 2 chances to go backstage and watch it for free. Great artists keep creating new stuff. Period. This is such fluff. End it already. The immersion releases and the nostalgia tours.....it's all so empty. It's like paying money to look at a scrap book. I used to love Roger Waters but now I can't stand him. He does not speak for me or anyone I know. He's treated like a god which is never good for anybody.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Idisaffect wrote:I used to love The Wall. I can't stand it now. I will probably never listen to it again and I passed on 2 chances to go backstage and watch it for free. Great artists keep creating new stuff. Period. This is such fluff. End it already. The immersion releases and the nostalgia tours.....it's all so empty. It's like paying money to look at a scrap book. I used to love Roger Waters but now I can't stand him. He does not speak for me or anyone I know. He's treated like a god which is never good for anybody.
Hes touring an iconic album and an iconic and spectacular show.

For people like me who werent even born when the first tour was done its a fantastic opportunity, and looking at the popularity of the tour it seems lots of people are grateful for the opportunity to see it done live.
Matz
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Matz »

that's an awesome pic, complete opposite of the infamous youtube video.

when it comes to comfortably numb, I'll take a rusty Gilmour like in this video over Dave Kilminster any day. You can't touch David's feel and brillance with melodic guitar playing
Matz
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Matz »

nice of Roger that he didn't say "Please welcome the muffins on stage!!"
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Idisaffect wrote:I used to love The Wall. I can't stand it now. I used to love Roger Waters but now I can't stand him.
You and I both. In fact it has probably been a few years since I actively listened to Pink Floyd at all.
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

Idisaffect wrote:I used to love The Wall. I can't stand it now. I will probably never listen to it again...
:shock:
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

thefinalcut wrote:
Idisaffect wrote:I used to love The Wall. I can't stand it now. I will probably never listen to it again...
:shock:
Its not for everyone.

The concept and storytelling within the Wall is genius.

But the musical side of it isn't one of Floyd's better efforts and in that sense its perhaps not the easiest album to go back and listen to.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:
Idisaffect wrote:I used to love The Wall. I can't stand it now. I used to love Roger Waters but now I can't stand him.
You and I both. In fact it has probably been a few years since I actively listened to Pink Floyd at all.
i've enjoyed listening to them lately. that being said, nothing can warrant the sheer money-grabbing thing that has been the Floyd routine since live8 (and before). i cannot relate to what Roger's doing nowadays for the simple fact that it's too fucking expensive. he might be one of rock's greatest conceptualists, his messages are just lost in a sea of idiots exactly like the one he spat on in Montreal. except that those idiots are older for the most part, they have more money and they can behave or, at least, be told or forced to behave.
have you ever noticed that when you celebrate something too often, it loses importance and meaning?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Roger has milked the floyd legacy the most since Live8 what with the DSOTM tour and then the current Wall Tour 2 years so far touring it?
Just release The Wall Live 80-81 DVD this decade Roger thats what everyone really wants.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I don't really understand the complaints about the Wall tour being expensive. We had great seats at the LA Memorial Coliseum for $45 + $10 fees (cheaper seats were $35). The Pet Shop Boys played down the street at the Wiltern a couple years ago and charged $85.

And if PF needed money then Roger, Dave, and Nick would tour under the "Pink Floyd" name...they have plenty of money and give a ton to charities. *shrugs*
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Saw it twice, 1st night expensive seats, 2nd cheaper seats.

The cheaper seats were better because you got a view of the whole wall and could let the experience wash over you without having to jerk your head around.
MariahZ
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MariahZ »

they are having fun for sure. great energy and a powerful/historical artistic reunion.