Roger Waters The Wall San Francisco Complete Multi-Cam Edit

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
1st Dog In The Park
Embryo
Embryo

Roger Waters The Wall San Francisco Complete Multi-Cam Edit

Post by 1st Dog In The Park »

Hi forum....

New to the boards. I just wanted to share this video I cobbled together. Before you immediately dismiss me as a potential spammer, give my post a quick read. There are no advertisements, there is no fee, it's a straight-up youtube video in two parts:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpsb5uf90yY (two opening videos precede actual performance - When The Tigers Broke Free (by Pascal) - AT&T Park Fan Arrival prologue)

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1qWh4mhTWA

I attended the May 11, 2012 Roger Waters performance of The Wall Live (10th row). It was so awesome, it inspired me to recreate it from footage shot by multiple fans. Sure it's essentially the same show that anyone else has seen; but as I saw it in both San Diego AND San Francisco, I can tell you with conviction that the stadium experience was far more impressive.

This performance was Rogers first at an American ballpark in quite a long time - so there is some significance to the appearance. I picked the very best footage I could find on youtube and used a lossless bootleg of the entire show as the companion audio track. The editing is reasonably sound, and the audio recording is very good (recorded near my position in the audience).

95% of the video is from AT&T Park, but there were a few areas where I did not have usable video that I utilized footage from other large venues to fill the space - it is hidden pretty well, so unless you're looking for it (or have seen every Roger Waters clip out there), you probably won't notice it. Also the resolution isn't awesome but passable, there is obviously some shaking, and youtube's import of my video caused some areas of the show to be out of sync with the video by about 1/10 of a second... doesn't sound like much, but if you're looking for it - you'll spot it. My advice - don't try looking for it. Note: The file on my computer is perfectly synched so this has something to do with the way youtube imports.

In between a few select songs, and during the pre-show announcement, are some photos I took from my seat during the performance - they do not adversely affect the show - they just fill some empty space.

I hope you watch, I put a lot of effort into this... and I felt like sharing it with my fellow Pink Floyd fans. This seemed to be the perfect forum to make that happen. If you like it, let me know.

Thanks, Eric (1st Dog In The Park)
henno

Re: Roger Waters The Wall San Francisco Complete Multi-Cam E

Post by henno »

WOW !!!!!!!!!

wow wow wow... i have to admit im absolutely astonished by the quality of the audio recording accompanying the video here... was it a soundboard recording? if not how did the recorder get no audience noises?

it is quite obviously a labour of love as it is clear it took quite a while to produce something as concise and entertaining... very well done... and thank you.

have you thought about uploading this to a site like dimeadozen?
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Just seen a snippet of this and it looks great!! I shall look forward to watching all of this a.s.a.p., having not been able to attend any of the shows...so far! Nice one, and thanks, Eric. [-D-]
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Just started watching, wonderful video. Great job. Thanks for sharing. I shall do a blog entry on the video and post on Facebook to spread the word.

P.S. I deleted your other topic to just keep this one.
1st Dog In The Park
Embryo
Embryo

Thanks to everyone so far. It is nice to hear that my efforts haven't gone unnoticed.
henno wrote:WOW !!!!!!!!!

wow wow wow... i have to admit im absolutely astonished by the quality of the audio recording accompanying the video here... was it a soundboard recording? if not how did the recorder get no audience noises?

it is quite obviously a labour of love as it is clear it took quite a while to produce something as concise and entertaining... very well done... and thank you.

have you thought about uploading this to a site like dimeadozen?
It is not a soundboard recording, but it has been cleaned up with a sound editing tool (Soundforge). Credit has to go to "Daspyknows" for that one; I just mixed it in.
Keith Jordan wrote:Just started watching, wonderful video. Great job. Thanks for sharing. I shall do a blog entry on the video and post on Facebook to spread the word.

P.S. I deleted your other topic to just keep this one.

I appreciate any extra exposure you are willing to provide - not looking for money here, just want to share the experience.

I only wish I had used better editing tools and had better video; but hey, it a'int a perfect world.
Last edited by 1st Dog In The Park on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

1st Dog In The Park wrote:I appreciate any extra exposure you are willing to provide - not looking for money here, just want to share the experience.

I only wish I had used better editing tools and had better video; but hey, it a'int a perfect world.
You have done a great job as it is. I posted a blog post, on Facebook and will send out to 30,000 people on the newsletter tomorrow.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/blog/ ... -show-2012
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

From someone who has done a couple of multi-camera edits (iShoot, iEdit and Take Me Out to the Wall Game) I really appreciate the work that went into this. Great job! [-D-]

But please note that because of the lossy nature of the footage this wouldn't be allowed on Dime.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link to the one I cut from the 2010 tour. It's available in full HD on Blu-ray on Dime and Yeeshkul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHYvprDuaE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g9U9DVa ... ature=plcp
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Post by Meandthem »

F****** amazing job, Eric.
Beats most of the - I'll rephrase that - ALL the stuff I've seen!

I'll link to this to my PF-friends...
moonrock62
Axe
Axe

Post by moonrock62 »

Eric-this is brilliant and clearly a lot of work has gone into it- thanks for sharing it with fans-much appreciated. I love your intro to it as well- very clever mix of audio and video to tell a story. :D
1st Dog In The Park
Embryo
Embryo

moonrock62 wrote:Eric-this is brilliant and clearly a lot of work has gone into it- thanks for sharing it with fans-much appreciated. I love your intro to it as well- very clever mix of audio and video to tell a story. :D
I can't take credit for the intro... I recycled it. That was created by "Pascal" (only known name).

Thank you for the kind words, all.