Roger Waters Tour Date Announcements

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
milesalbert1
Axe
Axe

Re: Roger Waters Tour Date Announcements

Post by milesalbert1 »

They do allow you to pour your soft drink into a plastic pint glass , or wait for you to drink it. Being a seasoned and probably sad football fan i am used to this crap so normally take a plastic screw cap off a bottle in my pocket. I once knocked a couple of full plastic coke bottles over the edge of the upper tier at stamford bridge. Luckily there was only a few supporters underneath where i had knocked em off. I had a stewards fest all to myself. lol. If you havnt been to the New ( ish ) Wembley then you are in for a treat . Its emmensso. And plenty of room per seat unlike most sports stadiums. anyway gotta go, chow.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

I went to a number of concerts on the Genesis farewell tour in 2007 and venues seemed very hot on not taking your own drink in. I saw even soft drinks and water were being drunk or thrown away.
Don't know about Wembley 'til I get there next week!
I remember seeing Genesis at the old Wembley in 1987. I got two 1 litre cartons of orange juice, opened them carefully and replaced some of the juice with Tequila and sealed them up with superglue!! My date carried them in un-aware of my devious tricks. She was a bit annoyed when I told her but seemed to forget about it after consuming a certain amount. Bet you couldn't get away with that these days :lol:
pinkyblue123
Axe
Axe

Post by pinkyblue123 »

I've read on the Wembley site, that drinks have to be in "disposable containers," so we'll see what occurs, that's why I bought them at Tesco's price, rather than extortionate price they'll be charging. I suppose the old tricks of injecting oranges with vodka could work too! Lol. [-X
milesalbert1
Axe
Axe

Post by milesalbert1 »

pinkyblue123 wrote:I've read on the Wembley site, that drinks have to be in "disposable containers," so we'll see what occurs, that's why I bought them at Tesco's price, rather than extortionate price they'll be charging. I suppose the old tricks of injecting oranges with vodka could work too! Lol. [-X

Not forgetting the party seven down the front of ya jeans whilst trying to breath and talk. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz party 777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777sssssssssssssssssssssssss
pinkyblue123
Axe
Axe

Post by pinkyblue123 »

Need bloody big trousers to get a Party 7 down their !! :lol:
milesalbert1
Axe
Axe

Post by milesalbert1 »

3 DAYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ <ii>
Gibbin82
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Gibbin82 »

I am going to Wembley on Saturday, really looking forward to it, but it can't come soon enough it seems ages since I got the tickets back in the pre-sale. Sitting a little further back than I have done for previous shows so hopefully it will still be a stunning spectacle and maybe I will catch a few things I missed with being closer.

Also got standing tickets for Paris, which is going to be a whole new experience for me, first time to Paris, first time on the Euroshuttle and first concert abroad. Again bought during the pre-sale and apparently in the golden circle right up close, might even feel the wind on my face this time while the wall falls :)

Anyone else on here going to Paris?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Im going Wembley and standing on the pitch. I am going to establish myself just in front of the FOH mixing desk I think and take in a nice wide perspective view. 8)

I'm also going to have a few Estrella. 8)
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Its a real shame that the weather has turned a bit in the last few days. You can't beat an outdoor show on a lovely day.

Apparently they forgot the roof when they re-built our national stadium a few years ago! But the good news is (for Keith anyway)! that the rain is expected to clear tomorrow afternoon so it might be okay after all.

Only one more day to go <ii>
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Looks like the rain will stop around 2/3pm tomorrow so should be dry for the concert. But that could change rather rapid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2634549

WELBLEY!!!
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

Woooooooo!!

Looking forward to my first Floyd related concert tomorrow night. I was such a fool for letting the opportunity slip back in '11. but now the opportunity's back!

I can't bloody wait!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Well Wembley was good!! As ever Roger on his soap box spewing out his rhetoric, the usual twats who are more interested in having a good time, spilling beer everywhere, blocking your view with their phones and ipads, another twat with a laser pen etc, etc - (somebody should right a album about it). At the end we were flattened by the pig which was then descended on by a hoard of locusts ripping it to shreds.

As ever the sound and animation was great - apart from the ipad sized obstruction throughout most the show and we all had a good time and it only took us an hour to get out the car park.
Bahnstormer
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bahnstormer »

Was the pigs violent demise part of the show, or a malfunction ?

My firs Roger Waters concert - impressive !
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Bahnstormer wrote:Was the pigs violent demise part of the show, or a malfunction ?

My firs Roger Waters concert - impressive !
Part of the show - It was hovering over us during the trial and as the wall came tumbling down the security guards started pulling it down towards the crowd so that the crowd could grab hold. once there was a hole in it some people were putting their heads in to breath the helium - one bloke was biting it to rip it and I managed to get a little bit of it. it was quite unnerving for a while as there were a couple of us under it with with people diving in on top to get their bit
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

A truly superb concert at Wembley it was. [-D-]

I can concur with so many BLOODY people holding up ipad's, phones, beer, hands in the air peeing everyone else off around them. It always amazes me how so many people just go for a good time and haven't the capacity to absorb the sound, the show and FEEL it.

At times I felt very emotional especially during the first 15 minutes thinking 'I'll never see this again'. Comfortably Numb had me in tears as an amazing rendition solo from Kilminster (who's obviously worked at this solo) got as close as anyone ever has to Gilmour's feel in my opinion almost blew me away.
All show I had waited for the moment where Roger bangs the wall and the wall itself cracks with the bricks flying everywhere. I've seen many many shows over the last 35 years or so but this one moment is by far the best and most effective piece of graphic work I have ever seen. To call it spectacular is somewhat understating it!

Thankfully at 70, he seems to have plenty of musical mileage left in the tank and I look forward with vigour to his next project. :D