The Wall Live (2010-2013) Blu-ray/DVD

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Wall Live (2010-2013) Blu-ray/DVD

Post by twcc »

^^^
Just back home and on-line following the film last night.

I have to say I thought the film and 'The Simple Facts' were excellent. The visual quality and sound was impressive and I hope it can be made available on Blu-Ray as it will be well worth a re-watch and close study at home. I can understand the view about watching the film without the CWGC and family stuff, but I thought those sections made it special. I will watch again as I want to check out the cars as I thought the Range Rover at the beginning started the journey on UK roads and after a few minutes was in a LHD city. Later in the film I could have sworn the Bentley temporarily changed to a Rolls Royce as there was a crease in the bonnet and the flying B changed to a Spirit of Ecstasy ... unless I was seeing things.

Well done Roger and I noted the small reference in the credits to suggest the Original Sound Track was available via Sony; will this be yet another version of The Wall to add to the shelf ?

<ii>
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

It's official! After about 4 years of waiting, the DVD/Blu-Ray is up for pre-order!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015 ... ndamage-21

:D
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Post by Bigmanpigman »

I'll probably get shot to pieces after this but here we go. I'll buy the DVD as I'm looking forward to the spectacle of the show, but as for the rest, I've had a complete belly full of Roger ranting and being sad over his father for the last 35 years. I can't face any more. Millions of families over the two World Wars suffered as he did, and very much worse. You could argue that he is keeping it in the public eye, but he isn't - it's totally personal with Roger. It started to emerge on 'The Wall' and we've been battered senseless with it ever since. Anyway......looking forward to the show [-D-]
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

UsNotThem wrote:It's official! After about 4 years of waiting, the DVD/Blu-Ray is up for pre-order!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015 ... ndamage-21

:D
November 16th ... happy days

:)
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Bigmanpigman wrote:I've had a complete belly full of Roger ranting and being sad over his father for the last 35 years. I can't face any more. Millions of families over the two World Wars suffered as he did, and very much worse.
That's what it's all about. Alright, it's about Roger Waters the human being, but he's also a symbol of all those millions of families. The way I see it, he's trying to tell them to embrace their past because it's what defined them for what they are. And I also somehow get the feeling that he's come full circle now and we probably won't be hearing of Eric Fletcher again, at least not in a new material. I could be wrong though.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Check out the extras on the special edition <.8.> <ii> :D [-D-]
Roger Waters’ concert movie version of The Wall will be released on DVD in November, he’s confirmed.

It follows screenings in cinemas across the world this week. It features footage from his three-year world tour, along with road-trip scenes as the former Pink Floyd leader discovers more about the death of his father in World War II, and the effect of the conflict on his family.

The movie will be available in a number of formats – including a Blu-ray special edition that includes his reunion with David Gilmour and Nick Mason at London’s O2 in 2011.

Waters says: “I’m glad we have an opportunity to share the film with people on a wider scale. It has had a deep effect on my life – and I’m not the only one. This release provides an opportunity to remember all of our fallen loved ones.”

Roger Waters: The Wall is released on November 16 in DVD, Blu-ray, digital, and 2-disc Blu-ray special edition formats. A soundtrack album will be announced in the coming weeks.

STANDARD EDITION BONUS FEATURES

Time Lapse
A Visit to Frank Thompson

SPECIAL EDITION BONUS FEATURES

Time Lapse
Driving
Facebook films
Comfortably Numb live – with David Gilmour
Outside The Wall live – with David Gilmour and Nick Mason
http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news...-november-2015
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Those extras [-D-]

You know what I wouldn't mind if they dubbed the Gilmour appearance. Singing the wrong lyrics didn't bother me, but his E string completely detuning at the end does.
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

I wish the special edition was released on normal DVD format, rather than just Blu-Ray. Looks like I'll just get the standard DVD, but I don't mind, just as long as I get to see this magnificent show again.

Oh and no Pink Floyd related deluxe set is complete without postcards, shame there's no marbles. ;)
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

It's a pity the 1980-81 stuff won't be on there as an extra or bonus.

Looking forward to this though, should make a good bday present.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Gosh darn it he's put a video on his Facebook page of an advert for this. It prints all the editions, triple gatefold as well for the Soundtrack!
I'd love to link it, but I can't. Sorry for those who don't Facebook. But it's there. And I can't stop watching it. After typing this I'm going to watch it over and over again for the rest of the week now!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:Gosh darn it he's put a video on his Facebook page ... I'd love to link it, but I can't.
https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvide ... e=5616D0F9

<ii>
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

twcc wrote:
Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:Gosh darn it he's put a video on his Facebook page ... I'd love to link it, but I can't.
https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvide ... e=5616D0F9

<ii>
But I keep getting the message "Sorry, something went wrong.

We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can." though, but thank you for your help twcc! It's stuff like that which makes this community and it's stuff like the one in the trailer video that creates this community on the first place!

https://www.facebook.com/rogerwaters/info?tab=overview

The video has the film on Blu Ray, DVD and Download and in Special Edition box.
The soundtrack is on CD, triple gatefold vinyl and download and The Super Deluxe.
And this is the first time I've paused the video clip to write this stuff down! I normally just let it play from start to finish!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:... this is the first time I've paused the video clip to write this stuff down! I normally just let it play from start to finish!
Although not "listed" in the video there is also a Japanese Blu-spec CD2 format two-disc edition.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/roger-wa ... -the-wall/

£500 for a box set fuck off roger :? :roll: RIP OFF

EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE HERE
4 discs of 180 gram audiophile vinyl in red, white, clear and black, with a unique engraving.
Only available in this package, the brand new score by Roger Waters, and the full live soundtrack.

170 page full colour hard cover book showcasing live and behind the scenes images from the 2010-2013 tour and the film.

2 CDs containing the full live soundtrack

3 Blu-ray discs containing the full feature length film and bonus features:
The Simple Facts - A Conversation with Nick Mason and Roger Waters
A new documentary about the making of the tour
Buenos Aires Time Lapse
Athens Time Lapse
Facebook Films (36 mini episodes)
Comfortably Numb Live at The O2 with special appearance by David Gilmour
Outside The Wall Live at The O2 with special appearance by David Gilmour and Nick Mason
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
500 USD not 500 GBP