IS it just me...

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
mosespa

IS it just me...

Post by mosespa »

http://youtu.be/AiojDdR3YCM

...or is Roger Waters CLEARLY using a pre-recorded lead vocal track in 2006?

I seem to remember a lot of people making excuse upon excuse saying that he wasn't, that someone else was singing along, or whatever, but in this particular clip, I can clearly hear Roger croaking underneath his own lead vocal.

Now, Roger Waters may be a brilliant lyricist, but there is no bloody way in fucking HELL that he can produce two different sounds from his throat at the same time.

Can't wait to hear some Collectivist Douchebag come along with an excuse for this one.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IS it just me...

Post by Keith Jordan »

Looks very suspect to me and sound scary! Shame on that Roger Waters!!
DonConstantino
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DonConstantino »

i can't understand why he would leave the microphone open when the pre-recorded vocals would play?

isn't that foolish to do?It makes no sense...

He could just turn it off and then pretend singing without fearing of anything going wrong...

couldn't it be that the vid sound got spoiled?

edit:Oh and another thing

Why would he make public such a clip?He could have just mixed the sound, before he let it go
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

mosespa wrote:http://youtu.be/AiojDdR3YCM

...or is Roger Waters CLEARLY using a pre-recorded lead vocal track in 2006?

I seem to remember a lot of people making excuse upon excuse saying that he wasn't, that someone else was singing along, or whatever, but in this particular clip, I can clearly hear Roger croaking underneath his own lead vocal.
I thought it was pretty well known and agreed by most members of the Pink Floyd community that Waters indeed used pre-recorded tracks in some songs of the Rock In Rio show and the following DSoTM tour. I remember this song and Sheep being the prime examples.

Anyway, seems like we have one more douchbag member in that collective!! Welcome!!! \:D/

Or perhaps the douchbags are just the ones that think different to us? Let me know so I can adjust my values accordingly.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Yes, I thought we were aware of that too.
Think he is doing it on the current Wall tour as well. Few parts he just can't reach anymore. He is an old man you know. Well past retirement age!
Maybe its a bit naughty but keep in mind that plenty have done it before who were much much younger and much less talented than Roger.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

he's also been using plenty of backing singers to cover-up his vocal inadequacies since the beginning of his solo career which would seem more "fair" to a purist mind but since he's doing big tours paying hommage to his work during his prime, having the old Floyd classics re-arranged with female backing singers (especially on The Wall or The Final Cut stuff) would just be sacrilege - and Roger's too much of a perfectionnist to allow his meisterwerks to sound as weak as his current voice would lead to. mind you, i love the guy but a solo tour supporting new material would be just great to me. i'm liking that he's updated a few topics and made a tremendous effort into making his Wall show one of the greatest visual rock spectacle out there but he's always been good at intimate, confessional and smooth songs and that, from the very beginning. i think that his current stature and voice would lend themselves perfectly for a nice, downscaled album and tour.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I think Gilmour proved with his "OAI" tour that you can do a pretty scaled down version of a "Pink Floyd Type" of show and people will still show up.

It doesn't have to be the Biggest. Thing. Ever!! anymore. Just take some creative lighting (lasers count,) and play your new stuff, then play some of the songs we all expect to hear, toss in a couple of surprises and voila! We will turn out to give you our money.
danielcaux wrote:Or perhaps the douchbags are just the ones that think different to us? Let me know so I can adjust my values accordingly.
I've always taken (and used) "douchebag" to mean "a person you wouldn't trust any further than you could comfortably spit out a rat."

But that's just me. You're welcome to apply your own interpretation. :)
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

mosespa wrote: It doesn't have to be the Biggest. Thing. Ever!! anymore. Just take some creative lighting (lasers count,) and play your new stuff, then play some of the songs we all expect to hear, toss in a couple of surprises and voila! We will turn out to give you our money.
[-D-] Ironic considering what The Wall was a reaction to ....
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

DonConstantino wrote:i can't understand why he would leave the microphone open when the pre-recorded vocals would play?

isn't that foolish to do?It makes no sense...
Foolish but not unheard of. Foolish things do happen.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

When I saw the Wall in 1980 and 81 Rog was miming so its no surprise.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

drafsack wrote:When I saw the Wall in 1980 and 81 Rog was miming so its no surprise.

You have good eyesight drafsack.
When they invented Youtube and some clips surfaced I was surprised to see what they actually looked like never mind if Rog was miming!
In my mind I still thought they looked like the inner cover of Meddle instead of some transitional stage between Meddle and looking old in the 90's :roll:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Isntthiswherewe wrote:
drafsack wrote:When I saw the Wall in 1980 and 81 Rog was miming so its no surprise.

You have good eyesight drafsack.
When they invented Youtube and some clips surfaced I was surprised to see what they actually looked like never mind if Rog was miming!
In my mind I still thought they looked like the inner cover of Meddle instead of some transitional stage between Meddle and looking old in the 90's :roll:
We were in row 3 centre stage - crap for seeing "the show" but great for seeing the band - during the trial Rogers lips were out of sinc with the song - oh and his watch became undone during run like hell
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

I know he uses a few vocal tapes for The Wall tour, in things like both In The Fleshes and Run Like Hell. But I always though he used them for Don't Leave Me Now, because all his performances sound the same from each night, but from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xucf2yBAXg it's clear that he doesn't, by the way his voice croaks for a few lines.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Talking of what is real and what is not. I remember there have been comments about the additional video of Roger that is projected onto the extra length of wall at these stadium concerts.
Going by the concert in Amsterdam Sunday, It looks like they do have a live camera at the front of the stage. Roger talking to the audience, introducing the band at the end, Mother, Nobody home various other bits are all definitely live projections.
Some of the shots from an angle of Roger and of Robbie Wyckoff looked a bit dubious as they were out of sync. Difficult to tell at times but that's my two pence worth on the subject for anyone who is interested!
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

mosespa wrote:
danielcaux wrote:Or perhaps the douchbags are just the ones that think different to us? Let me know so I can adjust my values accordingly.
I've always taken (and used) "douchebag" to mean "a person you wouldn't trust any further than you could comfortably spit out a rat."

But that's just me. You're welcome to apply your own interpretation. :)
I always thought it was a person you used to dispose of your douches.