IS it just me...

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
mosespa

Re: IS it just me...

Post by mosespa »

So, you agree with me that humans and waste receptacles are basically interchangeable, then? ;)
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Isntthiswherewe wrote:Talking of what is real and what is not. I remember there have been comments about the additional video of Roger that is projected onto the extra length of wall at these stadium concerts.
Going by the concert in Amsterdam Sunday, It looks like they do have a live camera at the front of the stage. Roger talking to the audience, introducing the band at the end, Mother, Nobody home various other bits are all definitely live projections.
Some of the shots from an angle of Roger and of Robbie Wyckoff looked a bit dubious as they were out of sync. Difficult to tell at times but that's my two pence worth on the subject for anyone who is interested!
At Wembley Some of the "live projections" were pre recorded as they were slightly out of time with what Rog was doing on the stage. The machine gun bit where he fires into the crowed was one example where the real roger was slightly behind the projected roger. Some of those bits looked a bit choreographed to me but fair play to Rog he was close most of the time
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

mosespa wrote:I think Gilmour proved with his "OAI" tour that you can do a pretty scaled down version of a "Pink Floyd Type" of show and people will still show up.

It doesn't have to be the Biggest. Thing. Ever!! anymore. Just take some creative lighting (lasers count,) and play your new stuff, then play some of the songs we all expect to hear, toss in a couple of surprises and voila! We will turn out to give you our money.
danielcaux wrote:Or perhaps the douchbags are just the ones that think different to us? Let me know so I can adjust my values accordingly.
I've always taken (and used) "douchebag" to mean "a person you wouldn't trust any further than you could comfortably spit out a rat."

But that's just me. You're welcome to apply your own interpretation. :)

Absolutely agree.....I sure as hell turned out for Gilmour's show and it frankly kicked ass. Echoes and an and top-notch very extended solo at the end of Take a Breath being but two highlights. My buddy and I traveled a long fucking way for it and it was worth it. An interesting part was when we walked out after the show and my buddy said..."notice anything?"....no ringing in the ears WHATSOEVER and it was a loud show. Loved it. No...it doesn't have to be the biggest thing ever to be great. Dead on Mossy.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Vlad The Impaler wrote:
mosespa wrote:I think Gilmour proved with his "OAI" tour that you can do a pretty scaled down version of a "Pink Floyd Type" of show and people will still show up.

It doesn't have to be the Biggest. Thing. Ever!! anymore. Just take some creative lighting (lasers count,) and play your new stuff, then play some of the songs we all expect to hear, toss in a couple of surprises and voila! We will turn out to give you our money.

Absolutely agree.....I sure as hell turned out for Gilmour's show and it frankly kicked ass. Echoes and an and top-notch very extended solo at the end of Take a Breath being but two highlights. My buddy and I traveled a long fucking way for it and it was worth it. An interesting part was when we walked out after the show and my buddy said..."notice anything?"....no ringing in the ears WHATSOEVER and it was a loud show. Loved it. No...it doesn't have to be the biggest thing ever to be great. Dead on Mossy.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

Roger Waters is a spent force creatively.