The Wall DVD - BluRay Immersion edition wouldn't it be nice

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Gibbin82
Embryo
Embryo

The Wall DVD - BluRay Immersion edition wouldn't it be nice

Post by Gibbin82 »

With the lack of news about the Wall DVD I suspect that it may be being prepared for a near Christmas release. With that in mind I hope there may be a Immersion type box set and wondered what people on here would like to see included. My wish list iincludes:

All video material to be made available on DVD or Blu-Ray (And given the choice to buy what format you require)
Both an indoor arena and outdoor stadium show to be included in the package.
A choice of camera angles so you can watch the show from where ever you would like (or close to where you were seated)
A CD set of one of the shows (preferably a different show from the ones on video) 
All audio material available as HD on DVD/Blu-Ray (as the immersion box sets) and on SACD CD (as the Genesis box sets)
All audio material being available as various quality downloads (320kb mp3, apple audio. and Flac)
A double vinyl record set of the CD
A box big enough to hold the vinyl albums (original immersion set producers take note)
A decent hard backed book detailing the development of the show, with lots of pictures! (original Shine On box set style or even better like the one in the excellent Peter Gabriel So 25th Anniversarry box set)
A video disc of extras including the videos projected on the wall/screen
And finally the 'holy grail' the original Earls Court film, come on Roger we know it exists!

If all the above could be available in a box set I am sure with the numbers of folk who have seen the show it would be a best seller, They could also be made available seperatlly to those who couldn't justify spending the considerable amount that a box set would cost, might even be able to make it a build it your self box set.

Also if we do not have the scarves, coasters, marbles, replicas tickets and passes I am sure they will not be missed, but a replica programme for a distant country might be nice
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Re: The Wall DVD - BluRay Immersion edition wouldn't it be n

Post by RonToon »

Gibbin82 wrote:With the lack of news about the Wall DVD I suspect that it may be being prepared for a near Christmas release.
That is one of the most ass-backwards speculations that I've ever read. If it was going to be out for X-Mas this year it would have been publicized by now and in the authoring stages of production.

And the Immersions were a Pink Floyd thing. I don't think that Roger will got that route.
Last edited by RonToon on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I hope the DVD comes out soon enough. For all we know, it could have been shelved.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Keith Jordan wrote:I hope the DVD comes out soon enough. For all we know, it could have been shelved.
It hasn't been shelved. There's just no definitive release plan at the moment.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

With the tour finishing on Saturday, I hope it is released soon! Great show. 8)
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Keith Jordan wrote:With the tour finishing on Saturday, I hope it is released soon! Great show. 8)
"Soon" in Floyd years is still a long time. :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Lets give it 5 years before we give up then. :lol:
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

How long did it take for him to bring out the In The Flesh releases? That *might* give us an inkling of how long he usually takes when it comes to new DVD's.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Much more complex tour this time as well as a more complex format. Maybe next year?
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

UsNotThem wrote:How long did it take for him to bring out the In The Flesh releases? That *might* give us an inkling of how long he usually takes when it comes to new DVD's.
In the Flesh was quite fast... BUT we are still waiting the DVD of all those concerts that were filmed in 2007/08.....
Gibbin82
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Gibbin82 »

RonToon wrote:
Gibbin82 wrote:With the lack of news about the Wall DVD I suspect that it may be being prepared for a near Christmas release.
That is one of the most ass-backwards speculations that I've ever read. If it was going to be out for X-Mas this year it would have been publicized by now and in the authoring stages of production.

And the Immersions were a Pink Floyd thing. I don't think that Roger will got that route.
RonToon we can all dream and hope can't we?

Regarding hearing about it I wouldn't expect whoever is producing the video or Roger would have wanted any news of it while his tour was still running. And if I was planning to release a DVD I would prefer to do it sooner rather than later when the excitement of the great Wall tours has died down a bit. Also for all we know it could be already finished, they did say they were recording the O2 shows for a DVD release. As it is I won't hold my breath but I would love a Christmas release :D
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

They have had plenty of time to mess about with this and get it ready for release during the break between the US and European leg of the tour.
I was hoping that it would be out for Christmas. Led Zeppelin didn't release "Celebration day" until mid November last year so I was thinking, plenty of time for an announcement after the tour finishes.
However, Ron Toon seems pretty certain that they have no plans at the moment so its not looking good is it!
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Gibbin82 wrote:RonToon we can all dream and hope can't we?
My point was that not hearing anything about it does not equate to an imminent release. After the tour is over I'd assume that Roger may want to have another pass or two at the edit. If its out for X-Mas I'll be in shock as none of my usual inside sources know anything about this.
EDIT: One of my sources just confirmed that Guthrie hasn't even begun to work on the live recording(s) from the tour yet. However, it was confirmed that it is planned and will be released although there is no schedule at this time. Which means that it won't be out for X-Mas 2013.
GeezerButler
Axe
Axe

Post by GeezerButler »

What do your inside sources say about the release of the 1981 shows? The Immersion teaser obviously hinted at a full release.

What about the planned Blu ray release of The Wall (1982)?
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

GeezerButler wrote:What do your inside sources say about the release of the 1981 shows? The Immersion teaser obviously hinted at a full release.
What about the planned Blu ray release of The Wall (1982)?
Nothing is scheduled.