Will he tour again?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Will he tour again?

Post by UsNotThem »

I've been thinking about this for a few days now and I've been wondering whether he will. Will he do more tours, once his new album is out to promote it?

Will he be able to pull crowds like from these recent tours without the Floyd brand backing? Where would he do it? Theaters? Arenas? I very much doubt he'll be able to attract enough people to do another stadium tour again.

I'd love him to do more tours after this, in 2 or 3 years, once his album's out, to go on the road to perform again

What do you all think? :)

I personally think there's a 50/50 chance of him doing it again, he looks like he enjoys performing in front of crowds too much to suddenly want to stop doing it. Then again he might just want to do what Gilmour's doing and just slip away quietly.

:)
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Will he tour again?

Post by azza200 »

who knows just wait and see what happens over the next few years.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

I am pretty sure that he will tour again. But nothing like the Wall... My guess is that he will go back to the size of stages and crowds of the Dark Side or ITF tours he did before. But the man has too much fun at the moment to stop.
Gibbin82
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Gibbin82 »

I am sure Roger Waters will tour again, but he probably will want a good couple of years rest before he does. As already said when / if he does it won't be anything like on the scale of the Wall, but I can still see him filling reasonably sized arenas if it is another Pink Floyd based tour. Regarding a comment I saw earlier in the thread, I don't think that David Gilmour has slipped quietly away either and I am sure his enthusiasm for music will see him back out on the road at some point. As it is with Gilmour since the end of the Waters led Floyd, he has always been an occasional bird and the long gaps between his Floyd albums and tours and his own material, leads me to think he will still have the capacity to produce another surprise when we least expect it.
spainboy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by spainboy »

Oh course roger will tour again. He doesn't need the money but for a 70 year old to do a 3 year Wall tour the guy is very fit for his age. I agree the wall tour will be his last big one but he will probably use some Floyd stuff to pull in the crowds to promote a new album etc.
The guy loves it and he will carry on, as someone said it may be a year or two away though.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

I thought that he had said this would be his last live concerts unless Floyd did a farewell show/s. But I may have dreamt that or just made it up!
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

What people say and what people do are two entirely different entities.
I completely believe he will play live again as afterall, his standing in music is as high as it's ever been in a way and he can certainly pull a crowd.
Pink Floyd's continuing success in the late 80's and early 90's has helped Roger's profile and I can remember when he did the KAOS tour, two dates at Wembley arena I think it was was all we got in the UK. He's been able to tour Europe since then to packed out arenas so I dare say, if he chooses to tour his new album when it comes out, the shows will sell well.
Gibbin82
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Gibbin82 »

At the Paris gig Roger said it "may be the last appearance of the Wall" it might be me being hopeful but I read it that as he has definitely not ruled it out.
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

I expect Roger to tour The Final Cut at least once in a lifetime. To me, Pink Floyd's most significant works are The Wall, TFC and Animals, so I pray to listen to any song off those albums live, again! [-o< :D
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

yes you can't keep an old dog down
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Isntthiswherewe wrote:I thought that he had said this would be his last live concerts unless Floyd did a farewell show/s. But I may have dreamt that or just made it up!
At the very beginning of the Wall tours, basically in the weeks before the first gig, he said the tour could be his swan song. I heard it on the radio...AND, this is my memory. So, yes, probably the last big budget, large scale tour. But, the tour kept going on and on and on...so, maybe he really truly loves touring.

I have a hope that there is a really great album to come, where he really focuses on the new album for a tour with a number of Amused to Death songs and a more minimal Pink Floyd segment...and hopefully the 1999 - 2013 tours allow him to have his name recognition carry at least an arena tour on its own (theatre would be awesome though). He can have a short tour like the Stones did this year.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

thefinalcut wrote:I expect Roger to tour The Final Cut at least once in a lifetime. To me, Pink Floyd's most significant works are The Wall, TFC and Animals, so I pray to listen to any song off those albums live, again! [-o< :D

da fuck??? how is it compared to Animals Meddle DSOTM its no where near as significant its rubbish comparing it to animals. Animals is what floyd about not TFC :lol:
FransT
Axe
Axe

Post by FransT »

thefinalcut wrote:I expect Roger to tour The Final Cut at least once in a lifetime. To me, Pink Floyd's most significant works are The Wall, TFC and Animals, so I pray to listen to any song off those albums live, again! [-o< :D

How on earth can he convincingly lipsynch to the scream in 'The Gunners Dream'?
That would be hilarious..
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

He's recently said in an interview with Rolling Stone that he wouldn't dismiss doing The Wall tour again.

What's everyone's thoughts on that?
With that in mind, he refuses to rule out the possibility of reviving The Wall tour at some point in the future. "I'm not thinking about that right now," he says. "But that's not to say I won't. I think there's an audience there. We did do 219 shows, which is a lot."
Link to article: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20131113

I would love him to do it again, I've only seen it once, at Wembley Stadium. So if he was to announce another Wall tour in the UK tomorrow, I'd book a ticket at a drop of a hat!
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

give the wall a rest stop milking it maybe tour solo material for once