Will he tour again?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will he tour again?

Post by Keith Jordan »

He can tour his new album! 8)
3Dasha
Axe
Axe

Post by 3Dasha »

Roger said The Wall Live tour cannot be topped. Therefore, either he has another leg of The Wall Live tour or no touring at all. It'll be nice if he'll perform The Wall in my country - it was omitted on both The Wall Live and The Dark Side Of The Moon Live tours.
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

But then, even though The Wall tour can't be topped. He still can go out on the road and perform the music, which is what people go and see a concert for.

Stick a few projections in, pretty lights, maybe a flying pig, the music and jobs a good 'en!
The Machman
Blade
Blade

Post by The Machman »

It'd be interesting to see him touring in his 70s, perhaps one day he'll collapse out of exhaustion gasping for air :lol:
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

The Machman wrote:It'd be interesting to see him touring in his 70s, perhaps one day he'll collapse out of exhaustion gasping for air :lol:
if it happens while he's singing the beginning of Perfect Sense part 2, no one will notice \:D/
lurkingfear
Axe
Axe

Post by lurkingfear »

That's always been the biggest problem with Rog and Dave; they both feel that the next tour should upstage the last one. That.s what killed Dave's version of Floyd; he felt that he couldn't top the Division Bell tour. Here's the thing though, I'm quite sure the majority of their fans would be absolutely ecstatic if either one of them did a stripped down, 4+ musician tour with minimal lighting and lots of the good ol' floyd tunes. In fact, both of roger's earlier tours in the last decade were consistently sold out.

I'm still dreaming of hearing Rog perform some of his earlier classics one last time. Anything from animals again (Pigs 3 different ones NOT sounding like a lounge act like it was in 87 when I saw it), but also I'd love to hear The Final Cut (the song) played live at least once...
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

lurkingfear wrote: In fact, both of roger's earlier tours in the last decade were consistently sold out.
I think that's partly down to because, before his In The Flesh tours he hadn't toured since the late 80's with Radio K.A.O.S. But I think he really should go back to the style of the In The Flesh tour, no frills, no spills, just a fantastic couple of hours of great live music, which is what people go to concerts for in the first place!
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

lurkingfear wrote:That's always been the biggest problem with Rog and Dave; they both feel that the next tour should upstage the last one. That.s what killed Dave's version of Floyd; he felt that he couldn't top the Division Bell tour. Here's the thing though, I'm quite sure the majority of their fans would be absolutely ecstatic if either one of them did a stripped down, 4+ musician tour with minimal lighting and lots of the good ol' floyd tunes. In fact, both of roger's earlier tours in the last decade were consistently sold out.

I'm still dreaming of hearing Rog perform some of his earlier classics one last time. Anything from animals again (Pigs 3 different ones NOT sounding like a lounge act like it was in 87 when I saw it), but also I'd love to hear The Final Cut (the song) played live at least once...
never heard that before where did you hear david saying that in an interview or is that your opinion. The reason they didn't tour after 1994 was there family's
lurkingfear
Axe
Axe

Post by lurkingfear »

Every one of the interviews Dave gave in the early 2000's says that he doesn't want to drag out the dinosaur that is a Pink Floyd tour again. Besides, he doesn't have to say it, simply look at their tour history. Dave loves doing solo shows now because first off, he isn't obligated to do the giant stadium thing, and secondly he gets to play only songs he WANTS to play. Do you think he likes playing Another Brick in the Wall pt 2? not at all. The only song he likes from the Wall is Comfortably Numb, period. It's a shame he won't play Dogs, since he's co-writer of the best PF tune ever, imho...