There will be a new album

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: There will be a new album

Post by Annoying Twit »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:I didn't buy it, but I flicked through this month's "Uncut" and there's a long interview with him. I didn't read it in full but it is discussing his plans and ideas beyond The Wall. He's even mentioned the song he played at the Newport Folk Festival.
Did you notice any comments concerning progress on an album?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Annoying Twit wrote:
Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:I didn't buy it, but I flicked through this month's "Uncut" and there's a long interview with him. I didn't read it in full but it is discussing his plans and ideas beyond The Wall. He's even mentioned the song he played at the Newport Folk Festival.
Did you notice any comments concerning progress on an album?
I'm out tomorrow as well so I'll go to the shop (Buy a chocolate to keep them happy) and scan through the article to see if there's anything concrete about a release date. And it's the one with Bowie on the cover if any of you see it yourself.

EDIT: Page 52 I think it started. It's got quite a few pages about Rog!
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

Roger has given a few new snippets of new information according to this article:

http://eldeforma.com/2016/04/12/roger-w ... ign=buffer

From the article (translated from Spanish):
The singer and former leader of Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, surprised the media by revealing that, after almost 15 years of not recording a solo album, will return to the music scene in a new production plans to launch the sale in early 2017.

Roger surprised by revealing that include three covers of Mexican grouping the "Banda el Recodo" who intended to pay tribute:

"The album will be entirely rock much like Pink Floyd. I will include 15 tracks, 12 of which are original songs composed by me and 3 that will be a cover of a very important and talented band in Mexico called El Recodo. They play traditional music of his country which is excellent, the best of its kind. Is a completely different style rock but will do my best to make this one of his songs height version, will not be easy because their music is perfect " he said.
Interesting. But christ, pushed back another year?
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

He said rock like Pink Floyd?

In the ''Pink Floyd'' sounding material imo he is far behind Gilmour, I see Roger more as a folk guy. Or maybe he meant it will sound like ''The Final Cut'' which I expect.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Well the pushed back further is cancelled out by the news we've got 12 songs coming.
I'm thinking this could be his most guitar based album than Pros And Cons...
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Follix wrote:He said rock like Pink Floyd?
The last real rock song he recored was 'To Kill The Child' and it did sound like Pink Floyd, even a bit too much. But I for one liked it.

On the other hand, I must point out that the website that published the article is actually a satirical news portal. I thought it was a wee bit suspicious that he shared the information with a Mexican website exclusively and that he will allegedly be covering not one but three songs by a Mexican folk act known for performing at private parties of various drug lords on a studio album, so I googled a bit.

I'd be really surprised to learn that the information is true, coming from a website that highlights articles with titles such as 'Trump forgives Fox because his wife is also called Martha' and 'Woman cancels gym subscription one day after getting married' on its front page. :)
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Bah! Hoaxed again! :lol:
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

Oh Bugger.

Sorry chaps! Looks like we'll just have to wait and see.
alb123
Embryo
Embryo

Post by alb123 »

Geez...I was hoping there might be some new information on Roger's supposed upcoming album. It baffles me. How many times in the last 10 years has he said that he's working on a new album? I would have to imagine that a lot of the material he was writing lyrics and music for, that long ago, is not necessarily of the same subject matter that he wants to put together on this new album. And hopefully, To Kill a Child won't be one of the "new" tracks. Considering Roger has said that this record IS going to be specifically about "Why are they killing the children??" an on-going conversation between a young lad and his grandfather, I think...something like that. Crystal Clear Brooks obviously sounds like it will be one of the new songs, as it lyrically speaks about children fishing, etc.

Obviously, The Wall concert put an enormous damper on being able to work on a new record for at least 4 years, maybe even 5 if you give the old man time to just unwind after an enormous tour like that, and at least a year of pre-production work. Still, I'm surprised he didn't release something around 2008 or 2009. If I'm not mistaken, during interviews back then Roger was hinting that he had quite a bit of material written. I'm trying to think of the first time that he mentioned a tentative title called "Heartland". Was it 2011/2012?

Anyway...I am getting restless!! I still remember waiting for the stores to open in 1992 so I could snatch my first copy of Amused to Death. This is torture, waiting this long...
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

Yeah, I'd just suggest giving up. :lol:
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

So, no recent news on a new album then. If he was sticking to an 'early 2017' date, that would be something.

I did a google search for album news over the last month. Nothing doing apart from a Guitar magazine article that mentions the album, but which I think is an old interview. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

Something's up on RW facebook... :)
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

If this is indeed a new album. It doesn't look like it'll be the radio-play involving a boy and his grandfather.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

I smell a Nigel Godrich string/synth arrangement on that. Might be from the new album. Sounds amazing...and slightly ominous, the way Pink Floyd sounded.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Just sounded like his cover band doing Fearless