Roger Waters on Politics

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roger Waters on Politics

Post by Keith Jordan »

Roger Waters posts notes onto his Facebook page regarding politics. His latest one is targeted mainly at Scarlett Johansson.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/roger-wa ... 5690471883

What are your thoughts on people in the entertainment industry being involved with politics? A force for good, highlighting the plight of the forgotten? Should they stick to entertainment? Should more "celebrities" be getting involved with politics to make the world a safer place for all to live in?
The Machman
Blade
Blade

Re: Roger Waters on Politics

Post by The Machman »

I think we get the message Roger, You're pissed at the world and all its inhabitants...
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I wonder how many people take the words of a celebrity seriously when they start talking about political matters? While I'm sure some know their stuff, there are plenty of others who are taking through their hat. I bet not many fans of the anodyne combo that is The Corrs ever knew Jim was a crackpot...
royharper
Embryo
Embryo

Post by royharper »

I wish I could find some context on Roger's recent concerns about Neil Young. Googling today has proved unhelpful, as the successful hits I'm getting only detail the Roger rant on Scarlet and of course, Roger's openly posted note did not detail his disappointment with Mr. Young. Anyone know?
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

I think politicians should start writing concept albums.
Couldn't do any worse than the pathetic megalomania of Radio KAOS. Check out Jim Ladds delusional, self serving memoir for more details. Actually, I've never read it.
cskg25
Axe
Axe

Post by cskg25 »

I think Roger should pull a Peter Garrett and get involved directly. Either that or focus solely on music, put out a proper album with no rehash or back up singers and give it 100% :lol: