Roger's Views on Donald Trump

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Roger's Views on Donald Trump

Post by Bigmanpigman »

He is not a fan :lol: This is from 'Rolling Stone'

With a GOP debate scheduled for Wednesday, Roger Waters won't be throwing his support behind Donald Trump. The outspoken former Pink Floyd member and architect behind The Wall tells Rolling Stone during a soon-to-be-published, in-depth interview about his upcoming concert film, Roger Waters The Wall,­­ that the businessman and Republican presidential candidate is "the epitome of anything that might be considered bad" and "entrepreneurship gone wrong."
Waters admits he has been amused by Trump's ideas, but only to a point. "I have [laughed] except it's not funny that he's as popular as he is," Waters says. "His ideas [are] not outlandish at all. It's American exceptionalism gone crazy and delivered under the umbrella of absolute ignorance. He is pig-ignorant and he always was and he always will be. He lives in the illusion that he's admirable in some way. And obviously for somebody like me, he stands for everything that is not admirable in American society."

Trump has been campaigning across the country with the slogan "Let's Make America Great Again," an idea Waters takes exception to. "'It's the worst possible slogan anybody could ever come up with," he says. "It's silly and disgusting as well, unless they wanted to hark back to the potential. If the Founding Fathers hadn't been so up their own asses, they might have come up with a system that fell somewhere between republican democracy that was going to work and that had proper checks and balances to prevent it disintegrating into what it has become, which is a country for sale to the highest bidder with the Supreme Court at the top of it, who's appointed by the highest bidder eventually."

Waters cited the businessman's media exposure as the reason Trump is so popular. "The mainstream media in this country tend only to report a very limited section of ideas and views," he adds. "So it's perfectly understandable why people would believe Donald Trump's nonsense, because it's important to the 1 percent to propagate and disseminate these theories and these system beliefs in order to retain control. It's organized theft on a giant level, a huge scale, and is extremely efficient and well-organized."

Trump's desire to build a wall on the Mexican border and fellow GOP candidate Scott Walker's suggestion of a Canadian wall also irks Waters, who notes the hypocrisy inherent in a country whose population largely descended from immigrants. "There were millions of Native Americans and you killed them all," he said. "So the idea where, oh good, we've got this huge very rich thing, we're going to keep everybody ... no you're not. It's a joke. There's no possible way. It's called osmosis. Human beings will travel.

"Osmosis is the movement of molecules from an area of high concentration to an area of lower concentration through a semipermeable membrane; well, you can build any wall you like and it's still semipermeable and it always will be," Waters adds. "And people will always go. If they're poor as shit over there and they think you're rich, they will move across the border and why shouldn't they?"

Returning to the topic of his upcoming concert film, the singer-songwriter said he hoped people looked at it as a bonding experience. "If people see this movie, what I hope is that when they've seen it, they may look at one another and even come out and go, 'You know what? We are a community and we are many,'" he said. "'There are a lot of us.'"
Follix
Knife
Knife

Re: Roger's Views on Donald Trump

Post by Follix »

People take Potus position too seriously, there is so many factors in play (Constitution, Supreme Court, Congress, CIA, Lobbies, Militaro-Industrial Complex, Public polls) that Trump wouldn't be able to do 90% of what he is saying.

I would have preferred Sanders but I would vote Trump over Clinton, just to kick the garbage can.

Roger's is the guy who spend his days blaming Israel while countries like Saudi Arabia are a thousand times worst.
homeby5
Embryo
Embryo

Post by homeby5 »

I love Rogers work but his ignorance about politics is almost laughable if his arrogance wasn't so damaging. I can't imagine the amount of ego it takes to think he could improve on our Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Our founding Fathers created the blueprint that enabled America to do in two hundred years what others have not done in two thousand years. No other country in history has allowed people to reach unknown heights....all based on their minds and work ethics. Sadly, this freedom also is allowing us to collapse by those who basically want to live off of the backs of others. Please Mr. Waters....teach us a better way ](*,)
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Harold »

In my humble opinion, Mr Roger Waters should had spent some time to listen to the congressman Ron Paul when he tried for the last time win the nomination of GOP. There are som traces of libertarian thoughts in Roger Waters mind, with exception of his acceptance that the goverment has the right to steal (parts) of your property to bribe different interests groups.

Sorry for ranting.

Shine on,
Peter
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

I have an acquaintance who had been bragging (non stop) for ages about how he was going to see Roger at Indio. He stalked Roger on The Wall tour (2010-2012) and finally got an autograph after waiting hours for him at his hotel. His facebook feed was all brag, brag, brag, 'I'm so great, I'm so great' and then....

Roger said mean things about Trump. Repeatedly.

My acquaintance's facebook feed was then all 'Roger sux', 'Indio blows', 'Roger is second rate.'

:D :D :D I enjoyed that so much. Thank you, Mr. Waters, for that joy in my evil little heart.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Two of my favorite lyricists (Neal Peart being the other one in this discussion,) have made me mutter under my breath "sit down and shut the fuck up, you pompous cock."

Just goes to show that just because you can string words together in a pretty way doesn't necessarily mean that your intellect is firing on all cylinders. *shrug*
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

He's not wrong about Trump though is he?

He's a c*** and his followers obviously have no morals
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Hillary is a murderous c*** and her followers have even fewer morals. *shrug*

Doesn't matter if he's wrong about Trump or not. He clearly has no business discussing politics until he loses his parasitic "we are all one" attitude.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

mosespa wrote:Hillary is a murderous c*** and her followers have even fewer morals. *shrug*

Doesn't matter if he's wrong about Trump or not. He clearly has no business discussing politics until he loses his parasitic "we are all one" attitude.
He can discuss whatever he likes actually. It's the great part of freedom of speech, considering he's written very political songs as far back as the 70's Floyd fans have a bit of a brass neck suddenly deciding they suddenly don't like it because it doesn't match up with their own views

As for Hilary's having fewer morals, I'd say that's nonsense personally but then you're entitled to your opinion.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Just as I'm completely free to talk about particle physics, even though the only thing I know about it is that it's a thing.

And a particle physicist is completely free to tell me to sit down and shut up.

At the end of the day, neither of us HAS to listen to the other at all. *shrug*

And yet, with all verbiage at our disposal, the briefest, most direct way to disagree with someone is to tell them to "shut up." Takes half the syllables of "I disagree."

Life's funny like that.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Are you implying you're an expert on politics and Rogers clueless? He's obviously got a keen interest in politics and he lives in Manhattan. I'd say he's probably as qualified as any resident of America to comment, well maybe not actually, I mean look at the number of folk actually backing the racist misogynist.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Nope. I'm implying that as a subscriber to Collectivist Philosophy, Roger Waters is full of shit when it comes to politics.

So he has a keen interest in politics. I have a keen interest in marijuana but am not about to start growing my own, nor would I deign to suggest how a successful grower should alter his technique.

He may live in Manhattan, but if you know your Floydian history at all, then you know that he came from and spent a great deal of his life in England; a lot of it in Cambridge.

I've lived in the US my whole life. By your reasoning, this makes me infinitely more qualified than he to discuss American politics.

I'm no Trump supporter, but I've been following this event closely enough to know that the guy who was awarded a medal by Jessie Jackson's Rainbow Coalition for his work helping minorities is probably not much of a racist. Look at that evil raaaaaaaaaacist daring to stand next to Muhammad Ali and Rosa Parks like that!

http://www.snopes.com/wordpress/wp-cont ... igrant.jpg

I've also looked at and listened to the comments he's made, very closely, I might add and I see no racism; just something that Libtards can latch onto and cry "raaaaaaaaacist" like a bad bicyclist with a skint knee (which is the American Liberal way.)
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

kjek1 wrote: I mean look at the number of folk actually backing the racist misogynist.
Hillary is Saudi Arabia, Israel and Qatar sycophant... She participated to the financing of Sunni rebels groups which led to an endless bloodbath in Syria.

Anyway POTUS is the most overrated job on Earth, Hillary, Trump or anybody else, big banks and those who got MONEY decide at the end.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Follix wrote:
kjek1 wrote: I mean look at the number of folk actually backing the racist misogynist.
Hillary is Saudi Arabia, Israel and Qatar sycophant... She participated to the financing of Sunni rebels groups which led to an endless bloodbath in Syria.

Anyway POTUS is the most overrated job on Earth, Hillary, Trump or anybody else, big banks and those who got MONEY decide at the end.
I'm not defending Hillary though

I'll give a response later without hopefully getting into a heated political debate, I don't have much tolerance for backwards republicans that's for sure
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

Since a significant portion of real "Americans" are ready to give a fucking lunatic the access to the red button, you better face the rest of the world's criticism because it's absolutely justified.

And yes, he is a racist because, even though he may not be one in his mind, he uses racist rhetorics and bigotry to earn votes.
And he's definitely sexist.
He's a patholgical liar.
He has no clue.

Roger is right on this, fuck Trump and his fascist tendencies - he's actually made "America" worse without even being elected.

Hillary Clinton isn't a great choice either - Sanders would have been interesting to watch, given that he's anti-establishment and not a dangerous moron like Trump but here we are.