Roger's Views on Donald Trump

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger's Views on Donald Trump

Post by PooF »

kjek1 wrote:
moodyblue wrote:One point occurred to me. Would you want to go to a concert and have some 'trumped' up rock star berating someone you may have a lot of faith in and may have voted for in the US election? I know for sure that would piss me off no end and it certainly isn't what you pay your hard earned cash out on. He's becoming a bit of a 'Bono' ever more these days it seems.
It would. I'm not a Smiths fan, but even if I was there's no way I'd pay to have that twat Morrissey beating me over the head with his vegan nonsense
Fortunately, you - and pretty much all of us - know what to expect from Waters, so you can spend your disposable income on watching Gilmour instead, or home improvement or whatever you value more. You have the choice.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

mosespa wrote:Freedom of Speech.

It's not a crime in the US.

But, if he were to say "Kill The President," he'd have some dudes with nifty shades and suits wanting to have a few words with him.
The trouble with free speech is that people only care when it is THEIR views being projected. Its like democracy its all well and good when your side wins and then its unfair if your side doesn't
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

drafsack wrote:
mosespa wrote:Freedom of Speech.

It's not a crime in the US.

But, if he were to say "Kill The President," he'd have some dudes with nifty shades and suits wanting to have a few words with him.
The trouble with free speech is that people only care when it is THEIR views being projected. Its like democracy its all well and good when your side wins and then its unfair if your side doesn't
True. It's a real grey area for me. I have to respect the right to protest but then it does make a bit of a mockery of the democratic system too
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Especially when your country's "Democratic" Party is actively and heavily protesting a Democratic election. *shrug*
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

mosespa wrote:Especially when your country's "Democratic" Party is actively and heavily protesting a Democratic election. *shrug*
Trump himself said during the last debate he wouldn't necessarily accept the outcome if he lost, so in that respect the guys who voted for a man with that level of respect for the democratic system, have no business complaining about liberals protesting the eventual outcome.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Not even when it's well known that Hillary rigged the primary elections to knock Sanders out of the race?

The Liberals who are okay with their candidate being a corrupt "business-as-usual" career politician have no business whatsoever protesting the results of an election after they pre-emptively gave the other candidate shit for saying that "we'll see..." whether or not he gracefully concedes and accepts.

The "Progressive" Left in the US are nothing but a bunch of hypocritical pussies.

But...I've been saying that for over a decade just at this forum. *shrug*
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

That might be the case. But they're certainly no worse than a bunch of backwards republican scum
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

You might have a point, if not for the fact that the Republicans and Democrats are actually beginning the process of merging into one Totalitarian governing body.

There hasn't been any real difference between the two parties for about 20 years, maybe more.

So, suggesting that one is any better than the other is missing the reality of the situation; they both suck out loud.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

mosespa wrote:You might have a point, if not for the fact that the Republicans and Democrats are actually beginning the process of merging into one Totalitarian governing body.

There hasn't been any real difference between the two parties for about 20 years, maybe more.

So, suggesting that one is any better than the other is missing the reality of the situation; they both suck out loud.
That I agree with. I've always had to shake my head at both sides. Mentalists
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Frank Zappa once stated that Republicans were evil and when asked what he thought of Democrats he stated that they only want to be Republicans. Whether or not that is literally true is immaterial...it still sums up my personal opinion... which is...both parties are fucked up.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

That's AWESOME!!

It's also true.

Witness Donald "I've been a Liberal Democrat my whole life, but I'm going to call myself a Republican when I run for President" Trump.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

One thing I will say...after all this shit...I will never apologize for being cynical again. My cynicism keeps getting validated whether I like it or not. :roll: