Rog - Us and Them Tour How much would you pay

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rog - Us and Them Tour How much would you pay

Post by drafsack »

So the official price range for the US show are between $55-$250 but Rog has gone down the line of Packages to give you a good view if you are willing to Pay-these are:

DIAMOND PACKAGE $600

One Incredible Top Price Reserved Floor Ticket in the First Three (3) Rows*
Limited Edition Set of Us + Them Tour Lithographs
. Limited Edition Set of Tour Lithographs Designed Exclusively by Roger Waters
. Each Special Set Hand Numbered & Comes with an Official Certificate of Authenticity
Exclusive On-Site VIP Perks (Diamond & Emerald Packages Only)
. VIP Preferred Parking (One Parking Pass Per Order) **
. Separate VIP Entrance **
The Roger Waters Time Capsule (Diamond & Emerald Packages Only)
. Time Capsule Designed Exclusively for VIP Package Purchasers
. Includes a Timeless Collection of Roger Waters VIP Themed Merchandise
. Each Time Capsule Contains a Commemorative VIP Tour Laminate & Matching Lanyard

EMERALD PACKAGE $549

One Amazing Top Price Reserved Floor Ticket in the First Ten (10) Rows*
. Each Special Set Hand Numbered & Comes with an Official Certificate of Authenticity
Exclusive On-Site VIP Perks (Diamond & Emerald Packages Only)
. VIP Preferred Parking (One Parking Pass Per Order) **
. Separate VIP Entrance **
The Roger Waters Time Capsule (Diamond & Emerald Packages Only)
. Time Capsule Designed Exclusively for VIP Package Purchasers
. Includes a Timeless Collection of Roger Waters VIP Themed Merchandise
. Each Time Capsule Contains a Commemorative VIP Tour Laminate & Matching Lanyard

SAPPHIRE PACKAGE $450

One Phenomenal Top Price Reserved Floor Ticket in the First Twenty (20) Rows*
Exclusive Roger Waters VIP Merchandise
. One Exclusive VIP Gift (Designed Exclusively for VIP Package Purchasers)
. One Commemorative VIP Tour Laminate and Matching Lanyard

RUBY PACKAGE $400

One Awesome Top Price Reserved Ticket in the Lower Level*

GOLD PACKAGE $275

One Excellent Second Price Reserved Ticket in the Lower Level*

SILVER PACKAGE $215

One Premium Third Price Reserved Ticket*

Or you could also buy Official Platinum Seats which are premium tickets to concerts made available by artists and event providers through Ticketmaster. They give fans fair and safe access to some of the best seats in the house. typical price $780 without the merchandise

BTW the all the diamond packages are sold out for a lot of the shows - long live capitalism
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Rog - Us and Them Tour How much would you pay

Post by PooF »

Lanyard - WTF? I thought this was a thing that Boy Scouts wear.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

In US $ about 70 bucks max for a ticket... Gilmour more like 400.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Those packages are elaborate but no way would I pay those kind of prices. For a man who pointed fingers at the other Floyds for their so-called pursuit of money I find this all a bit of an eye-roller. Hell, Paul McCartney came thru my city not long back and it was almost $250.00 for a balcony seat. Sorry Paul, don't wanna see you that bad either. Back to Roger...saw him a total of 4 times, including the Wall show a few years back. Good enough for me.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

$600 for the first 3 rows - what are you going to see being that close!! We were in the first couple of rows at one of the times we saw them perform the wall at earls court and saw very little of what was happening as we were so close. We had a lot better view of the show when we were sat further back. If these shows are going to be spectacular as the shows in the desert its going to be better to be sat towards the back
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

drafsack wrote:$600 for the first 3 rows - what are you going to see being that close!! We were in the first couple of rows at one of the times we saw them perform the wall at earls court and saw very little of what was happening as we were so close. We had a lot better view of the show when we were sat further back. If these shows are going to be spectacular as the shows in the desert its going to be better to be sat towards the back
Got to agree here. Being front row for Gilmour in a more intimate setting was wonderful, seeing him play guitar from a few feet away. But first few Rows at a Roger gig that's built more around spectacle and in a big arena? I don't think that would help the experience much.

But to be honest some of those packages make me want to vomit in my mouth. For the diamond package I'd be expecting dinner with Roger and a handjob
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I'll be going to the show, for sure, but have no problem sitting further back. A Roger Waters show is a visual spectacular, not something that can be appreciated in the same way up close. I paid $120 for the VIP package when I went to see The Tea Party last year, and I got a T-shirt, an autographed CD, early entrance, got to see a pre-show warm up AND got to meet the band personally. I wouldn't pay the prices for these special packages unless I got to meet Roger as part of the deal. And even then, I don't think I would pay that much. I'm already going to be paying $600+ dollars for the Early Years boxset. How much money do these guys need?
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

The current Mrs Drafsack likes Bon Jovi :-; anyway VIP package in the first 3 rows cost $1200 so at $600 a rog ticket is a bargain <ii> (or not as the case may be)
Neil
Axe
Axe

Post by Neil »

That is absolutely obscene. I can only assume this is his way of raking in money from his music, given his stance on the likes of Spotify and his contention they steal the intellectual copyright of artists' music then give it away. Takes the piss out of his fans somewhat though.

As drafsack says though, best seats aren't going to be the ones in the first 3 rows.
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

For Gilmour the most I paid was $1250 ea for "platinum charity" seats at the Hollywood Bowl. I would have gladly paid more. I bought VIP everywhere else that I could. And got a last minute bargain seats for around 35 pounds for RAH. I saw 10 shows on the RTL tour including both in Pompei.

For Roger, I spent about $225/seat, immediately regretted it because I think I'd prefer a cheaper seat on the first riser, but they didn't let me select my seat off a map in Denver.

I saw Roger's 2010-2012 tour four times because I'll take what I can get, but I'll probably only see Us and Them just the once.

It's too hard to sit there and twitch when GE Smith doesn't get it right, and it's not a matter of hitting the right notes, it's a matter of infusing the music with emotion.

But still, it'll be nice to see Roger again. Even if I have to wear one of my Gilmour shirts.
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

drafsack wrote:$600 for the first 3 rows - what are you going to see being that close!! We were in the first couple of rows at one of the times we saw them perform the wall at earls court and saw very little of what was happening as we were so close. We had a lot better view of the show when we were sat further back. If these shows are going to be spectacular as the shows in the desert its going to be better to be sat towards the back
I did the ultimate VIP thing for Roger's The Wall (In the Flesh?) tour in Chicago at Wrigley field. My seat was row 2, right on the center aisle. I didn't see very much at all. Almost totally missed the airplane crashing.

But presumably he won't be building a wall between the audience and the band this time. So potentially you'll see more.

I sat at Gilmour's feet, row 2, row 4, row 6, row 8, row 3, etc.... and didn't see much either because he kicked my face off, my eyes closed and my body squared to the sound. It's much more amazing to sit at Gilmour's feet than Rogers.
Djgilmour
Blade
Blade

Post by Djgilmour »

I'd pay $600 for front row but only if he spit in my face
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

WOAH!!! I paid $749/each for the diamond package on night 2 in Denver. Just $225/ea or so for the first night.

On The Wall 2012 or (in the flesh or whatever it was,) the top VIP package was $600/ea for Wrigley Field. We got free food and drink across the street from Wrigley in some brownstone with rooftop seating. I don't think we get free food and drinks with this one. But at least I could see the seat numbers before I bought them this time. In 2012 you had no idea until you picked up your vip package at the event.

I know, I know.... it's a lot. I'll always pay more (much much much more) for Gilmour. But I feel bad that I've largely ignored Roger since the 80s now that he's old. And it upsets him, which makes me feel worse. I had deliberately never heard any of his solo material until this week. I realized I'll end up buying the new one, so I went ahead and bought the old ones too. Slippery slope.
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

Djgilmour wrote:
I'd pay $600 for front row but only if he spit in my face
LOL! I was planning on wearing my protective amulet (gilmour shirt) on night 1 in Denver, but my seats on night 2 are so good that I shouldn't wear it. But it would certainly increase my chances of getting spat upon. <ii>
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

What can I get for 100 bucks?

Seriously, that's how much I'm willing to pay for a concert.