The Gunners Dream - Lock down version

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Gunners Dream - Lock down version

Post by drafsack »

Roger Waters has recorded a new lockdown version of ‘The Gunner’s Dream’. A song from the 1983 Pink Floyd album ‘The Final Cut’.

Waters says, “Last night I watched the 2013 documentary film “The Man Who Saved The World”. The man’s name is Stanislav Petrov. The year before Stanislav saved the World. In the year 1982 I wrote a song “The Gunner’s Dream”. It’s weird to think that had Stanislav not been In the right place at the right time none of us would be alive.

“No one under the age of 37 would have have been born at all. It is acknowledged by all but the cretins amongst us that nuclear arms have no value. It is also acknowledged that they are a ticking bomb and we ignore them at our peril Accidents happen.

“The Stanislavs of this world are a rare breed. We’ve been extraordinarily lucky. If I ruled the world, I would heed the words of the wise I would get rid of nuclear weapons first thing tomorrow morning on Dr. King’s name day.

“Of course no-one can rule the world. The world cannot be ruled. It can only be loved and respected and shared if we’re still here in the morning.

“So here is a new recording and video of “The Gunner’s Dream” as a gift from me and my lovely band and our friends to you with our love”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC9rY4HeN6A
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Gunners Dream - Lock down version

Post by twcc »

Another good re-interpretation ... well done Roger and Co

Not sure if the dog had had enough at 4m02s ](*,)

PS, already uploaded on viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25334&start=135 but I do not mind watching again.