Running Tally of Unfinished Roger Waters Songs/Projects

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Re: Running Tally of Unfinished Roger Waters Songs/Projects

Post by DarkSideFreak »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:43 pm 2000:

RW: I'm not really sure. I've just done a month's work in compass point in Nassau with the band, who i just told you about. ...And we've cut five tracks, four of which I think have lyrics already and one doesn't have any. One of them is the song "Each Small Candle" that we performed once on the last tour. We did it in Kansas City on the last gig and I thought that that was what the whole record was going to be about - was each small candle - the idea that we all have a responsibility for our own behaviour and everything that everybody does in life impinges on everyone else, broadly.
But some other songs are appearing and they have kind of connections with each other. It seems to be broadening out from the initial concept. Though it may well be that the album will still be called 'Each Small Candle', 'cause I like that title. "Each small candle lights a corner of the dark." But it seems to be about love.

JL: Well, I really like the metaphor of the candle, and the fact that our individual lights, either singularly or combined, should illuminate the dark or the darkness.

RW: I like that idea too, but there's another new song called "The Flickering Flame". It's got a long involved lyric, but the last bit of the lyric says something about what the thing's about as well which is: the last few couplets go: "When my synapses pause in their quest for applause / When my ego lets go of my end of the bone / To focus instead on the love that is precious to me / Then I shall be free."

JL: Damn, that's a great line. Do you have any idea when this will be done? You know, six months, a year, whenever it's done, it's done?
Terry Manning in 2005:
Roger has been coming to Compass Point in recent years as well, and has become a good friend. He's been working on a new album, and I must say it is great. I don't think it will be finished for a while yet, though.

https://repforums.prosoundweb.com/index ... 274.0.html
ZiggyZipgun wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:43 pmYou should be growing as a human being and you obviously are.

RW: I am. I mean, I'm 182 pounds now, you know. Only a few years ago I was about 160.
:smt082 :lol: