LSD Overdose

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Jchardy
Embryo
Embryo

Re: LSD Overdose

Post by Jchardy »

Can you overdose from LSD? There has been no documented HUMAN cases of death. The Homo Sapien mind is very interesting... Have you really listened to Syd Barrett's music...it was just a little crazy...now give that mind LSD...I don't know...but...in my opinion...give that person a heavy dose of acid, and you'll see the mind's eye...if you have or are predispositioned towards mental problems, they are likely to be amplified. Perhaps I'm opinionated, but you guys are talking ten hits...what...270 mg of a STRONG hit...realistically...27 hits..."all along the watchtower." Not that I know anything of drug use. I know owlsley wasnt providing them with acid. So let's just say the Sandoz company was...not that I can verify this, you're telling me..Syd Barrett went schizo from ten hits, that's bs. Merry Prankster.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

I do not think LSD can induce schizophrenia and it is very well known fact even in todays medicine, but same thoughts tends to move slowly like world is “rounded” thing, you know… It is very simple to prove it, but question is who or what you will induce in table of truth or disjunction … Also, I do not think Syd were insane at all, especially since he clearly saw one side of story and therefore you have Syd and his music …
I just hope he did saw how “real” people think that he were a totally “nutcase” and eventually you’ll know why he were out from PF …
MortSahlFan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MortSahlFan »

I don't think it's so cut and dry. If you take 10 people who say they have mental illness, I highly doubt their situations/head are the same. I think the same about those who consider themselves schizophrenic. It's an easy way to make money. Many people love to label themselves, or identify with things they had nothing to do with.

As for LSD personally, it gives me energy, and I open up. I feel better under the influence, and not as depressed and hopeless. I examine the messages I write under the influence. I love learning, and I love comparative studies, and I love adding variables, such as LSD, and comparing it when I'm not under that influence. I notice that I am not concerned with throwing my vulnerability out there, even though these kinds of message boards are important to me, since it is the only communication I have, despite knowing and having people "use" these things against me. It's amazing how some sadistic people will hunt your identity down and think they're embarrassing you when they're only embarrassing themselves.

I can identify with a lot of things sanpaku said, but I don't live with anyone, not even a pet. I guess I got the socializing out of my system with the many years of international travel and everything that comes with relationships in general.

Back to Syd, I would first look at everything he has said. Audio interviews, text interviews, and then when that's all through, see what Roger and David (and guys like Storm who he was close to) have said. It's probably a combination of many things, and then add the dynamic of aging.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

It is very easy to see in venn diagram that pot has both properties from atypical and typical antipsychotics and almost a same thing is with ibogain that is given in some African tribes when you are about to enter an adult age … So why they give Ritalin and others to ADHD(Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) from whom a lot of us has suffer, when Ibogain is quite likely better ? Let me be clear on this, I never had use LSD and I probably would never suggest to somebody to use it, but to me is obvious that ibogain works better when it comes to ADHD and I know it has use in today’s medicine when it comes to drug addicts …
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

I think we all do things that we are not aware, but for most of us they are quite good and sadly we are not even aware of them, but it is fine if you care and live your life with full breath…
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

It has worked so well for those African tribes that I'm surprised we're not all taking it.
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

^ It worked well for pink floyd's career. All those acid heads in their initial audience. Gilmour certainly took it. As did many of the pioneering musicians from the 60s: John Coltrane, Joe Zawinul, Hendrix, the Soft Machine...

A massive overdose is going to be harmful. Obviously. An overdose of anything is not good. Food, oxygen, pink floyd trivia. None of it is healthy in massive quantities.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I consider myself extremely lucky to have made it through my formative years relatively unscathed, but I knew plenty others that weren't so lucky. Anything that can temporarily change the way your brain works can permanently change the way your brain works. Many of these substances are not made in controlled environments, or even by knowledgeable people. How anyone can trust that they are getting what they asked for is truly mind blowing. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

I agree with you Kerry, nothing wrong with your opinion and as I have said I never did use LSD and I probably never will, but it is easy to see that Ritalin is almost same as amfetamines, so in that way it works like coke or should I say - it realeases a huge amount of endorphine as a compound of kinetic energy… In other words it melts your body, while on the other side Ibogain has only theirs properties and therefore it does not work in same way … Also, primary colors of ibogain are green and blue while third one is yellow where whole three represent potential energy and first two colors represent earth …

I see somebody here have mention DMT where I strongly suggest donot use it with Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) as a lot people do since you could simply destroy your brain as kids do with first stroke or line, so even if MAOIs are antidepressants, they litearlly create another nerve compound for potential agens such as noradrenaline or serotonin, so just create a powder from roots or whatever, where on Venn diagram DMT is equal to analgesic narcotics like ultram does, they both induce a huge amount of potential agens from cerebral cortex, still they will melt your body as opioids do…

There again, ibogain has also properties from narcotic analgetics, but it works thrue our dreams or imagination ?

So, speaking about those African tribes, they just give once it or twice to a kid who will enter an adult age so he could gain enough experience, nothing wrong with that I guess ?

In theory I think it is proven a milion times, esspecialy here on this topic, but still there is one problem and I think Syd saw it perfectly ?
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

Idk, an old bf took too many hits of blotter and wigged the hell out so bad they put him into a tub of cold water. Too much acid CAN mess up the mind. It's chemicals going into one's brain, of course it can screw a person up. Barrett's case was "likely" too much acid on top of too much stress.

That reminds me, gotta go get caught up on Dopesick on Hulu.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

We’ll probably he saw same “things” he described in his songs, like sorrow for instance ‘as one being’ that could only eat, fuck and sleep, but hey who cares about them, so let them live among us and do whatever they like … Btw, I hate things like oxy and others …
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

WebBrown wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:06 pm We’ll probably he saw same “things” he described in his songs, like sorrow for instance ‘as one being’ that could only eat, fuck and sleep, but hey who cares about them, so let them live among us and do whatever they like … Btw, I hate things like oxy and othe
Huh? You ever drop acid? I hope not but if you did you'd know the feels. Just saying.
A person can overdose on other stuff besides drugs. Food, water etc... just because one overdoses doesn't mean they automatically die.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

No, as I have said and I probably never will… I was more speaking about ibogain usage specifically once or twice in entire life where you need to have somebody who knows thing or two about everything, so he can interpret things or meaning you have saw while using it… It consider somebody’s path in future or entire meaning of life, soul and other …
Chapter 24
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Chapter 24 »

One angle that doesn't seem to ever get a mention and I believe could be relevant is Syd's relationship with the rest of the band . After following the Floyd for 50 odd years one thing that has over the years become clear is the difficulty the members of the band have with Roger . Rick , David & Syd all struggled with his dominating personality and wish to be the boss . Even in recent interviews he gives the impression that he was Mr Floyd and is almost dismissive of all the other member's . When the break came in late 67 early 68 you could easily see that Roger was challenging the future path they would take . Syd wrote virtually all of Piper plus the singles and was clearly the main source of there material . Move forward to Saucer and Syd was just a bit part with jugband blues his only offering . 4 young guys early 20s and Syd the golden boy , I'm sure this didn't go too well with the rest of the band . Through out their history Roger has tired of the others . Rick during the wall , David the final cut . If ever You've been in a band with 3 other guys there is always someone who believes that it's all down to them . IMO Syd was probably a quiet character who couldn't deal with a controlling personality. Just an opinion
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

i almost had a coffee overdose a couple of days ago.
it would be a delicious one, though.