Photos of the inside of Syd Barrett's House

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Photos of the inside of Syd Barrett's House

Post by Keith Jordan »

These were posted on http://www.pinkfloydz.com's very nice forum.

Very basic and old fashioned interior!!

Photos of 6 St Margaret's Square....

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/galle ... -Fame/sbh/
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

I like the garden.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Photos of the inside of Syd Barrett's House

Post by zag »

Keith Jordan wrote:Very basic and old fashioned interior!!
:lol: :lol: c?mon Keith. What did you except ? Rooms full of dust and guitars ? That guy was 60 yrs o l d. :lol:

for some reason I like a lot of the colourings, very tasty and "totally together".

btw, thanks again! :D
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Fascinating and thanks for posting them.
I wonder if they are as they were when Syd was living there or have the family had them redecorated in order to market the property ?
bell that rings
Embryo
Embryo

Post by bell that rings »

I love his house. What pretty colors; he must have really enjoyed being there and making everything how he wanted it be. :)
Ringorocks

Post by Ringorocks »

moodyblue wrote:Fascinating and thanks for posting them.
I wonder if they are as they were when Syd was living there or have the family had them redecorated in order to market the property ?
I somehow doubt that marketing the property is a problem for them.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Ringorocks wrote:
moodyblue wrote:Fascinating and thanks for posting them.
I somehow doubt that marketing the property is a problem for them.
Oh i know but you wonder if they may have spruced the interior up a bit since our Syd died as it looks so well kept and bright inside.

I keep saying to myself that i have to make that trip to Cambridge before they actually sell this place.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

moodyblue wrote:I keep saying to myself that i have to make that trip to Cambridge before they actually sell this place.
please do and take a camera with you. I?d love to see his garden too :wink:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Here is his rear garden, zag.

moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

That really is one hell of a back garden.

All this stuff that has appeared about where Syd lived, the inside of his house, some of his possesions, a few months ago, hardly anyone here knew where he actually lived and it was a closely guarded secret to the uninitiated of which i was one of them, all of the sudden, it's like a box of treasure has been found and revealed to us all.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

If he had done one interview on video and they had a wander around his house, I dont think he would have had this mythological status that he has had for many years. All this material that has become available recently just shows what his sister Rosemary said in The Times newspaper: that Roger Barrett was just a normal sort of guy living a quiet life in Cambridge, unsure why people still wanted to speak to him all these years later.

Very odd! Very normal burnt out artist.
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Keith Jordan wrote:If he had done one interview on video and they had a wander around his house, I dont think he would have had this mythological status that he has had for many years. All this material that has become available recently just shows what his sister Rosemary said in The Times newspaper: that Roger Barrett was just a normal sort of guy living a quiet life in Cambridge, unsure why people still wanted to speak to him all these years later.

Very odd! Very normal burnt out artist.
Agreed! I'd always suspected he was far more together than the public thought he was...perhaps he just wanted us to believe he was some loon puttering about in the clouds! It was always the unpopular opinion, but I'm believing more and more that I was right all along. It's kind of like he didn't want the joke to be revealed until after his death. Seems like typical RKB behavior, then, being the clever jokester that he was!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Yes, I think David Gilmour said in an interview he did a few years ago that he suspected Syd played on the illness that people thought he had. Perhaps he was just an angry, frustrated artist who felt too much pressure to "deliver the goods" in the form of the second and third singles when the Floyd were signed to EMI.... and just used too much acid for escapism from that pressure. Upon returning to Cambridge after his ordeal, perhaps his mind settled a lot more.

I wonder if he had any involvement with any women in the last 25 years? :o :D Hope so!
Ringorocks

Post by Ringorocks »

Keith Jordan wrote:I wonder if he had any involvement with any women in the last 25 years? :o :D Hope so!
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the single beds in the pictures. I really hope he felt loved by someone other than family members.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

Keith Jordan wrote:Here is his rear garden, zag
All I see is a green lawn (or par 3) and somewhere far distance there?s some bushes (or trees). Get closer, please. Plants, y?know :lol:
And while you?re in there, check the basement too. You?ll probably need a flash :lol:

oh, and by the way, one sugar, no milk please :lol: any crackers left ?