Syd Tribute Concert

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Hozomean
Embryo
Embryo

Syd Tribute Concert

Post by Hozomean »

Can't go, but maybve some of you all can...

Orphans benefit from concert for syd

A TRIBUTE concert in memory of Syd Barrett is to be held by a friend from his Cambridge days.

Pete Darby met the Pink Floyd guitarist in 1964 outside a boutique in Red Lion Square in the city. They were later neighbours in London as the rock star made his second solo album.

Mr Darby said: "It will be a farewell to celebrate his life, as well as a musical tribute. He was a wonderful guy who was friendly, witty and intelligent."

The concert will take place in Somerset, featuring bands Tusker and Fusion, and solo artists Al Dickinson and Andy Broad - who will play Syd's songs as well as their own.

Mr Darby added: "It would be nice if people from Cambridge turn up. I'll be asking the audience if anyone from the city is there."

The concert is at 8pm on October 27 at the Cheese and Grain in Frome. All proceeds will go to an orphanage in Kenya.

Call the Cheese and Grain box office on 01373 455420.
kekgab
Axe
Axe

Post by kekgab »

Then the show is going to be tonight? Poor im not in Cambridge!
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

Did anyone here go to this?
Not_Now_Paul
Axe
Axe

Post by Not_Now_Paul »

A couple of friends and I did a tribute concert for school...bu it just wasn't for Syd....it was for others like John Lennon and George Harrison and so on...

I had the pleasure of singing Imagine and Jugband Blues...