Best tribute to Syd

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.

Which tribute to Syd's loss was the best?

Mojo
13%
Uncut
63%
Record Collector
25%

Total votes: 8

Kimon
Blade
Blade

Best tribute to Syd

Post by Kimon »

Three well-known music magazines had a tribute to Syd's loss last month. Uncut, Mojo and Record Collector. Which one do you think was the best?
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

Rolling Stone also tributed Syd. I have the article which i can scan for anyone who wants it.
Kimon
Blade
Blade

Post by Kimon »

I'd be glad to have it!
vera
Knife
Knife

Post by vera »

Groovybass77 wrote:Rolling Stone also tributed Syd. I have the article which i can scan for anyone who wants it.
really?
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

Okay, Rolling Stone uses enourmous pages so they didnt fit on my scanner. Therefore i used my camera and the pictures are of pretty good quality. It might take a bit of effort to read but i think it is possible. The first page looks great but the second i had a hard time getting a good picture of.

Page One:
http://www.rogepost.com/dn/s57d

Page Two:
http://www.rogepost.com/dn/krlo

This is from the August 10, 2006 edition of Rolling Stone. I would have uploaded the cover which had a headline about his death but i ripped out the article and sent the magazine overseas to troops in Iraq, sorry but it went to a good cause.

EDIT: If you would like the images use the rogepost links. If not here are scaled down versions of it:

Kimon
Blade
Blade

Post by Kimon »

Thank you Groovy Bass! :wink:
henno

Post by henno »

in my opinion it was Uncuts.... i found it extremly well respectable, balanced an in no way myth-baiting......
Kimon
Blade
Blade

Post by Kimon »

I agree, it was also better designed.
Falco
Axe
Axe

Post by Falco »

What a nice photo on rolling stones.... :)
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

I usually much prefer Mojo over Uncut, but I think that in this case Uncut did a far better job with their Syd tribute.
Swan lee
Axe
Axe

Post by Swan lee »

Unfortunately I don't find here copy of no one of the magazines ! In my town there were only 3 copies of them that a lucky boy have obtained!!! I phoned to all the possible people to have them but it was no possible! I would like to ask you if someone can send me copy of the articles and make me happy like that ...... lucky (I wrote lucky but at the moment I thought another word!!!!!) boy!!!
It's very difficult here to find rare musical items except for a beautiful exhibition in february and september with exhibitors from England, Germany, France and there it is possible to find some rare items (I start to save money !!!!!) . I hope to find some Syd rare records,as Syd is the PF member I like too much .
Thank you !!!!!