Syd Barrett movie with Johnny Depp?

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
lovescene4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by lovescene4 »

I don't really like bio-pics... would rather see a proper documentary or an original work of fiction. Also I'm not a Johnny Depp fan, though I did kind of enjoy 'Ed Wood' and 'The Ninth Gate.'

For Pink Floyd characters and songs to appear in such a film, I think the group would have to agree; this seems unlikely.
Last edited by lovescene4 on Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
generalhooha
Blade
Blade
Location: Deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves.

Post by generalhooha »

Thanks for the info guys; I was confused for a while.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

my breakfast. wrote:IF you see him in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas playing a bald drugged up dude with Avatars and cigarette in a holder THE WHOLE TIME you do grow to like him.
I thought it was a terrible film based on what is probably the most overrated book ever written. I appreciate other people will think differently though

Also I do appreciate he's a good actor, just that he comes across as an absolute wanker (anyone else who watched Lost in La Mancha will agree) and is also far too old to play Syd
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Well the film made no sense. :D
Maisie
Axe
Axe

Post by Maisie »

I would actually love to sea movie made about SYD but it would have to be done corrctly and to do that there wuld be(I think0 to many still living and ever present folks who would have to be cast in an unfavorable light.
Yes johnny Depp(while a good actor) is too old and i agre his British accent is terrible particularly for the part of one who was so known for a particular sound(Cambridge) and also i feel it wuld be difficult to find an actor who actually IS as young as what SYD was when everything went on.. and would still be talnted enough to take on such a challenging role. but is he was good enough it would make a star of him overnight =I am sure....
but I am a Syd fanatic and still would love to see it even attempted.. of course i must have do the auditions..hahahaha
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I only heard that Johnny Depp is eager to produce a movie about Syd, not to star in it, also that it is by now pure fiction. I haven't heard yet that the movie is so close to production and that Depp will actually play the leading role? Although I like J. Depp as a good character actor, these stories seem like complete nonsense to me.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

lovescene4 wrote:I don't really like bio-pics... would rather see a proper documentary or an original work of fiction.
Try watching Wilde, starring Stephen Fry as Oscar Wilde. It is the only good biographical film!
jwm224
Embryo
Embryo

Depp's the man.

Post by jwm224 »

I think Depp can pull it off. I think he'd surprise everyone who disagrees.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

PublicImage wrote: Try watching Wilde, starring Stephen Fry as Oscar Wilde. It is the only good biographical film!
Have you seen Paganini with Klauss Kinski? The best biographical movie I've ever seen. It's like The Wall only classical!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

PublicImage wrote:Try watching Wilde, starring Stephen Fry as Oscar Wilde. It is the only good biographical film!
Bit of a bold statement, how many biopics have you actually watched?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

David Smith wrote:Bit of a bold statement, how many biopics have you actually watched?

That's the only one I've seen. But I like to make provocative statements whenever I can.
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

What fun would life be without wild hyperbole?
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

PublicImage wrote:
David Smith wrote:Bit of a bold statement, how many biopics have you actually watched?

That's the only one I've seen. But I like to make provocative statements whenever I can.
NO WAY! :o :o :lol: :lol:
lovescene4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by lovescene4 »

PublicImage wrote:
lovescene4 wrote:I don't really like bio-pics... would rather see a proper documentary or an original work of fiction.
Try watching Wilde, starring Stephen Fry as Oscar Wilde.
I did happen to see that one: excellent--quality film, yes.
Maisie
Axe
Axe

Post by Maisie »

oh yes Wilde with Stephen Fry ws out of this world great.. he is phenominal.. they should pick him to play Mad jack in the Syd puic..hahahaha