Stalking Syd Barrett

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Stalking Syd Barrett

Post by moom »

Misunderstanding again. I'm not flaming you, just telling the truth, so take it.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

This is getting better and better, pass the bisquits, cheers :lol: :lol: :lol:
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

zag wrote:This is getting better and better, pass the bisquits, cheers :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha. It's brilliant! What a legendary topic.
lovescene4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by lovescene4 »

Actually, the first post breaks a Forum rule of not posting links until you've made 10 posts...

luminous grin: before dumping such a truckload of gossip (true or not), you might at least have introduced yourself.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Controvesial photos in that they look like they were taken without his knowledge. But, nonetheless, he actually looks quite cheerful!!

He has that same clothing on from the "stalker video" so I presume these pics came from the same person who was responsible for that video? Who filmed that video?

zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

:shock: Did I read some funny post here earlier or did I just dream again ? Nevertheless, where´s my bisquits !!!!!!!

:o back to the topic:

I think mr Barrett looks like " Oh no, not again. More nutters ! Who do they think I am anyway " ?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

And what's the paper, btw?

God, he looks even older than David :shock: :(...

Alan and David, how about I just had a glimpse on him, and that's all, - would THAT be okay with you?
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

moom wrote:And what's the paper, btw?
A map to the secret garden where the sacred bench is. Or another love poem :lol:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

zag wrote:Who do they think I am anyway" ?
...a nutter?
...heh.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

moom wrote:Misunderstanding again. I'm not flaming you, just telling the truth, so take it.
Once again...
moom wrote:Especially by saying I'm insisting on my truth? Why, thank you indeed, thank you, I've always proved that I'm not stubborn, not keen on my opinions, not saying "I'm smart, others aren't"
:lol:
moom wrote:Alan and David, how about I just had a glimpse on him, and that's all, - would THAT be okay with you?
I reckon the problem with Syd is he was a different case from anyone else in the public eye. Being that his sanity was questionable and he was uncomfortable with people talking about his Pink Floyd years i reckon the last thing he would want is to be treated like a celebrity. Like if you go past him in the street and think 'wow that was Syd' fair enough. Just any attempt to be more of a vouyer towards the man i would view as disrespectful based on the circumstances

Unlike say if your hero was Sting. He makes a concious effort to remain a celebrity, still releases material and as far as we know has no issue with being recognised as an artist or any desire to live a quiet life. If someone you were to take a quick snap of Sting or approach him for a chat then i'd be very happy for you and glad you had a chance to meet a personal hero because of the different circumstances surrounding him
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Uh, whatever... Let's just stay our own ground.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

moom wrote:Uh, whatever... Let's just stay our own ground.
Or clear this shit up. Astral Path was set up as a grubby little shrine for Barrett obsessives, yet instead of giving the guy the respect he deserved and leaving him alone (his own choice for fucks sake) you had to pry into the guy's life. The guy wasn't looking for attention, he didn't walk down the street wearing a 'Madcap Laughs' T-shirt whistling 'Bike' loudly, signing autographs, he was just a random old man whose life your mob made just a little bit worse everytime you pestered him.

I mean, sure worship the Syd Barrett of 35+ years ago, but do so through the photos and film and audio relics (no pun intended) of him from that time.

This is all a tiny bit irrelevant now seeing that your 'guiding light' is now dead, but still, if you wanted to show respect for him you could have done by keeping your damn distance, and stop wishing you could be the breakthrough fan who would be his friend and drag information out of him which previous fans hadn't managed.
moom wrote:Alan... how about I just had a glimpse on him, and that's all, - would THAT be okay with you?
Would it end there? No.Your glimpse would probably escalate into some serious stalking.

moom wrote:Besides, if I were him, I would totally don't mind, even understand
But you are not. And no matter how long you grow your hair and write dodgy songs you won't ever be Syd Barrett. Secondly, how can you be sure this is what he would have been like. This is some naive little take on the mental condition of Mr. Barrett. Trust me, his family said otherwise, and I trust their words over you.
moom wrote:Thanks, thanks for what? Perverting every thought of mine?
Not perverting, merely rectifying some of the frighteningly naive thoughts you had.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

zag wrote::shock: Did I read some funny post here earlier or did I just dream again ? Nevertheless, where´s my bisquits !!!!!!!
Yes, by a poster called LongGone, I think. Mental stuff!
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

Well, it´s long gone. Or gone too long...

another sad joke I know...
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

my breakfast. wrote:
moom wrote:Uh, whatever... Let's just stay our own ground.
Or clear this shit up. Astral Path was set up as a grubby little shrine for Barrett obsessives, yet instead of giving the guy the respect he deserved and leaving him alone (his own choice for fucks sake) you had to pry into the guy's life. The guy wasn't looking for attention, he didn't walk down the street wearing a 'Madcap Laughs' T-shirt whistling 'Bike' loudly, signing autographs, he was just a random old man whose life your mob made just a little bit worse everytime you pestered him.

I mean, sure worship the Syd Barrett of 35+ years ago, but do so through the photos and film and audio relics (no pun intended) of him from that time.

This is all a tiny bit irrelevant now seeing that your 'guiding light' is now dead, but still, if you wanted to show respect for him you could have done by keeping your damn distance, and stop wishing you could be the breakthrough fan who would be his friend and drag information out of him which previous fans hadn't managed.
moom wrote:Alan... how about I just had a glimpse on him, and that's all, - would THAT be okay with you?
Would it end there? No.Your glimpse would probably escalate into some serious stalking.

moom wrote:Besides, if I were him, I would totally don't mind, even understand
But you are not. And no matter how long you grow your hair and write dodgy songs you won't ever be Syd Barrett.
Secondly, how can you be sure this is what he would have been like. This is some naive little take on the mental condition of Mr. Barrett. Trust me, his family said otherwise, and I trust their words over you.
moom wrote:Thanks, thanks for what? Perverting every thought of mine?
Not perverting, merely rectifying some of the frighteningly naive thoughts you had.
1. I pay my respect, thank you. I'm one of the most respective person of everybody I know.
2. Yes, it would. Yes, I would be satisfied. I know me myself, and you don't.
3. Like I'm trying to. I just said "if I was him" :P, please don't blame me for what I didn't say or even thought. And don't say anything for me, you're not authorized.
4. What are you on about in this piece?
5. Yes, perverting.
Additional on points 2 and 5 - I'm shocked about how much you "know" me, I'm learning stuff about myself, thinking "Wow, really?" . you know what? You're not me, so you can't possibly know me as good as I do. Nobody can. And nobody ever will. So speak for yourself, not for me, and don't make up things I didn't say. Touche!